Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I can't wait until Magic players start complaining about too much hate in Standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hey that's cool. Runed Halo + Nevermore, but cheaper than casting both.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

quote:

Harvest Season
2G
Sorcery
Search for up to X basic land cards from your library and put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library. X is equal to number of tapped creatures you control.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Cycling and Embalm is a nice combo of keywords.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Kinda wonder if this infusion of colorless lands will give Reality Smasher, Thought-Knot Seer, and friends will another chance at life in Standard.

Some Numbers posted:

Cycling and Embalm is a nice combo of keywords.

Yeah, I like it. Reminds me of Ichor Slick and Viscera Dragger.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Grasping Dunes actually seems like an interesting KotR target

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

So is that Sphinx enchantment a good sideboard card for Living End? It'll need some adjustments to the mana base between that and white for Wear/Tear but it seems like it could be a good out to something like RiP.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

suicidesteve posted:

So is that Sphinx enchantment a good sideboard card for Living End? It'll need some adjustments to the mana base between that and white for Wear/Tear but it seems like it could be a good out to something like RiP.

No trolling please.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

I think Samut is kinda bad. I'd rather play Glory Bringer.

Flash is interesting though. It's filthy with the Green God.

The problem being why would you play it over Verdurous Gearhulk.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 13, 2017

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Have we eliminated Ash Barrens as a possibility?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

PJOmega posted:

Have we eliminated Ash Barrens as a possibility?

If there was some kind of cycling besides regular cycling in the set they'd probably have spoiled it by now. It does seem like the kind of elaboration-on-cycling they might do in a second set, though.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

You know what sounds like a Cool and Good thing you can do?

Chord for a fatty on your turn with Convoke, play this.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Count Bleck posted:

You know what sounds like a Cool and Good thing you can do?

Chord for a fatty on your turn with Convoke, play this.

Isn't that pretty win-more, though?

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

The climax of the story is that the hero bares his chest then defeats the villain by throwing wide his arms and flexing his pecs.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Oketra's attendant is obvious mondo value in limited.
Grasping dunes is actually kinda insane in limited.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

JerryLee posted:

I mean I love me some EDH winmore.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

clamiam45 posted:

The climax of the story is that the hero bares his chest then defeats the villain by throwing wide his arms and flexing his pecs.
I sincerely wish more stories would end like that.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
Amonkhet was speaking. It had more to say. The entire Gatewatch could tell that Amonkhet itself wanted to aid them in their quest to stop the God-Pharaoh's fateful hour of destruction, but they could not hear the plane. That task fell to Nissa, the the fearless plot device of the crew.

At last the forest mage awoke from her trance. "Gideon, our path is clear. Amonkhet has divined to me the secret to its salvation."

"Anything, m'lady."

"You must take off your shirt."

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

clamiam45 posted:

"Hero! Your foolish bravery and fantastic abs have persuaded me. I shall not kill this worthy champion." and then Story Spotlight 6/5 is just Hero's Downfall with Gideon stabbed through with Cat God's spear.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

JerryLee posted:

I'm not sure I would call putting lands into play tapped "win-more."

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I am surprised we haven't gotten a (more) beefcake shirtless Gideon. Such as some limited card mid-battle after his armor has been destroyed or ripped off or some such. Unless this card does already exist and I'm forgetting about it.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bloodfury Militant
1R
Creature -- Minotaur Warrior (Uncommon)
When Bloodfury Militant enters the battlefield, discard a card.
4/3

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

YggdrasilTM posted:

Bloodfury Militant
1R
4/3

Seems strong in the U/R zombies deck, or maybe with Fiery Temper.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

DangerDongs posted:

Seems strong in the U/R zombies deck, or maybe with Fiery Temper.

Aftermath cards, madness cards, embalm creatures....

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

YggdrasilTM posted:

Bloodfury Militant
1R
4/3

That's some lovely. I think the only way I'd be happier with it is if it said "Echo - Discard a card."

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

YggdrasilTM posted:

Aftermath cards, madness cards, embalm creatures....

From what we have seen, none of the aftermath cards are really that good. Dusk/Dawn may be some sideboard tech, and the new Ruinous path will see play, but everything else is very meh.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DangerDongs posted:

From what we have seen, none of the aftermath cards are really that good. Dusk/Dawn may be some sideboard tech, and the new Ruinous path will see play, but everything else is very meh.

There ain't no Linger Souls yet; that is a card you often don't mind discarding because the flashback effect is so efficient (a card as straight up powerful as L Souls is, of course, unlikely).

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
We've come a long way from balduvian horde though this does die to bolt, decay, unrevolted push...

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

PJOmega posted:

That's some lovely. I think the only way I'd be happier with it is if it said "Echo - Discard a card."

You'd prefer it to be an awful topdeck once you're hellbent?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Jabor posted:

You'd prefer it to be an awful topdeck once you're hellbent?

Honestly yes. If you're in R/x aggro and topdecking a 4/3 for 2 you're in a lot of trouble. Alternatively, playing a 4/3 on turn 2 that lets you fiery temper or (insert other 2 or less madness spell here) on your next upkeep is right where you want to be.

Of course, this only refers to constructed. In this limited the echo would be horrible. But it's merely speculation, as I doubt we're ever going to see Echo again.

That said, I still love this card. It's the pseudo 3 drop that R/x aggro has wanted paired with Fiery Temper, with the option to throw it down turn 2 with value from Embalm or get rid of an unwanted card.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

goes well with R/B Heckbent cards in sealed.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I can't lie, I'm really looking forward to the prerelease. This looks like a fun set to learn to play limited in.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

its me glenda posted:

goes well with R/B Heckbent cards in sealed.

Heckbent. I love it.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh look, its shadow of a thousand combo decks.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jund Assault Loam just looks better and better.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

This art is rad as gently caress.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

There must be some crazy Mr Toad's Wild Ride-style deck that comes out of this set, right?

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

YggdrasilTM posted:

Bloodfury Militant
1R
4/3

Yes thank you my red deck *will* win in this coming standard format rotation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my inner johnny has the biggest erection

• Locked thread