Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Crazycryodude posted:

New Garrison, hot off the presses.

Why does Zyklon Ben always draw Trump as some striking manly figure about 40 years younger than he actually is?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Because Trump is a pathetic old fatass and it would hurt his petty fascist dreams to draw him even vaguely accurately.

It still gets me that he accentuates Trumps bizarre hair rather than downplay it. Like "Ah yes- the perfect male specimen: rippling abs and bike helmet hair!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

If I'm reading this right, 139764 is female. Though I admit that was only after five seconds of googling, so I could well be as wrong as Ramirez usually is.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Christ drunky, save some strawmen for the rest of the hacks

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Crazycryodude posted:

Why does Zyklon Ben always draw Trump as some striking manly figure about 40 years younger than he actually is?

As if China and the US will ever agree on North Korea. Ben is out of his mind.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Crazycryodude posted:

That basketball one was the loving worst. All jacked-up slamming the ball into the basketball ring...

Great, my buddy from college is in town this weekend and now I gotta take him camping so Tinsley will shut the gently caress up.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

How is this a thing worth complaining about? Has anyone in this thread ever actually seen a news story about black people not camping? Because I sure haven't.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

How is this a thing worth complaining about? Has anyone in this thread ever actually seen a news story about black people not camping? Because I sure haven't.

The most recent thing I could find was this. That two-year delay is really killing him.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've heard about the obviously racist reasons why swimming as isn't much of an established tradition among black families as white but hadn't heard about camping.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Crazycryodude posted:

I want to know why he thinks Xi Jinping looks like a Jackie Chan villain.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He's trying to normalize racial prejudices by using something innocuous.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

I want to know why he thinks Xi Jinping looks like a Jackie Chan villain.

Garrison thinks that political power correlates directly to physical strength, just like in a wuxia movie. I'm more curious about Hwang Kyo-ahn; did Garrison intentionally remove his glasses, or was he simply too lazy to google the president of South Korea?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Reaaaally looks like dicks.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Everything looks like dicks.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

FaradayCage posted:

This is one of the best word jokes I've ever seen in a politoon.

I hope it wasn't played too early.

Missedd an opportunity to use bigly, still good though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Okay, so what was actually going on 2 weeks ago that he's trying to ignore?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Crazycryodude posted:

Who is South Korea supposed to be there? Hwang Kyo-ahn?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

sheep-dodger posted:

Missedd an opportunity to use bigly, still good though.
No it's there, the cross deliberately doesn't cover the -ly. It's a shrewd way of doing it, so those who know "bigly" get it and those who don't aren't confused.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Who is South Korea supposed to be there? Hwang Kyo-ahn?
The next President of South Korea, Generic Guy.

edit: to be fair to Garrison, that one is possibly the first of his that would fit in a general line-up of proper political cartoons.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Apr 13, 2017

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A poster from about five years ago used to post politoons of high artistic merit from a Hong Kong artist whose opinions were leftist/anti-PRC. Does anyone remember the name of the artist, with the meager amount of identifying info I'm providing?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Edible Hat posted:

A poster from about five years ago used to post politoons of high artistic merit from a Hong Kong artist whose opinions were leftist/anti-PRC. Does anyone remember the name of the artist, with the meager amount of identifying info I'm providing?

Harry?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Man, this one has not aged well, assuming 12 is the year. Either that or the artist has missed the numerous tests and a satellite launch.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think I saved a few but I only credited him as "Wang", which is proving hard to google.
I have to hazard attaching a file using SA, how does anyone use imgur now?

e: found him, Wang Jinsong of Singapore’s Lianhe Zaobao, apparently.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 13, 2017

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think I saved a few but I only credited him as "Wang", which is proving hard to google.

e: found him, Wang Jinsong of Singapore’s Lianhe Zaobao, apparently.

Is that a different transliteration of Heng Kim Song? Because searching that gives a lot more cartoons, probably also because the image you've got there is signed "Heng".

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

No it's there, the cross deliberately doesn't cover the -ly. It's a shrewd way of doing it, so those who know "bigly" get it and those who don't aren't confused.

Holy poo poo, I did not see that, very well played! :golfclap:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Heng Kim Song it is then!, but in my defence a Wa that looks like a hE is well within tolerance for signatures

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Squishy posted:

I use a Firefox extension that lets me bypass imgur's web UI entirely. It's the only way. Otherwise, there's postimage and imgsafe which are still sane.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Edible Hat posted:

He's talking about the guy who drew himself as whiter than the white people in his cartoons, kept making cartoons about his LSW (Long-Suffering Wife) and insisted on drawing the poster with a huge Jew-nose when they met in person and the poster asked for a caricature.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nobody would describe that guy as having high artistic merit.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Nobody would describe that guy as having high artistic merit.
Bet you an avatar change that's the guy he's thinking of.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

While I'm warm to the overall point here, this is rather missing a key distinction: while the furor this round was about the banned form of weapon, the other part of it is intentionally targeting civilians. Right or wrong, it's considered okay to hit civilians accidentally or incidentally, but a war crime to hit them on purpose, which is why the beheadings are put in the same category as the gas.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I will never risk this av. Anyway, here's the offending nose (belonging to forums user Blood Nose)

e: and Blood Nose's post about it

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 13, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I love that story so much.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
[, how does anyone use imgur now?

hit new post then you click on the down arrow to the right of your picture and then select get share links

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
White people have gigantic noses according to the Japanese/Chinese/Koreans/other East Asians.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Sometimes it takes on a certain tone-deaf character. A while back someone posted a silly anime with almost no actual animation that was apparently commissioned to promote tourism in Israel for a Japanese audience (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFT22S9euEI)

This is how they chose to depict random Israelis:

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 13, 2017

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cat Mattress posted:

White people have gigantic noses according to the Japanese/Chinese/Koreans/other East Asians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjxzpSrFP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBXzHx-jAIo

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, we focus on different things as far as racial caricatures. For us it's the eye shape but for them it's the nose and hair/eye color.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 13, 2017

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjxzpSrFP4

ANA actually faced criticism for this one and changed it, but yeah, white people have big noses in East Asia. I don't think it's necessarily fair to say they should be aware of how anti-semitic it can come across though, just like I doubt most western cartoonists would know about differing racial caricatures within East Asia.

e;fb

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

Reaaaally looks like dicks.

Sometimes, after a tragedy, we all need to touch tips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Sometimes, after a tragedy, we all need to touch tips.

I now see Eskimo kisses in a whole new light.

• Locked thread