Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

(((((American BBQ)))))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thermos H Christ posted:

What country are you in, I will fight you there

I live in New Jersey, surrounded by amazing Brazilian barbecue places

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

The country of New Jersey might have something to do with your opinion.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

General Dog posted:

I think North Carolina is still too important to the ACC to have to put up with any poo poo. What are these new lands that the ACC has moved into that it can afford to rip its own heart out? Hoo boy, it's been real North Carolina, but now we've got VT and Syracuse lol

There's 4 schools in the state, the ACC would still have 2, that's the market. UNC and NCSU are the heart of the ACC? loving :laffo: Basketball hasn't paid the bills in the conference for a long time, those schools are all just picking up a paycheck.

You let me know where the state that doesn't have two nickels to rub together is going to come up with a hundred million for the exit fee, though. I'm sure NCSU is thrilled at the prospect of being an AAC school, too.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 13, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man from virginia throws stones at north carolina

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Big 12 will 100% take NC State. No question.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kayakyakr posted:

All BBQ sauce is heretical. Real BBQ doesn't need sauce.

yeah ok but BBQ sauce tastes good

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

FizFashizzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1CFmuWfwFY

as far as NC - 12, it's actually a good one

But yeah the feds need to come in and set NC straight.

I mean, I guess? But that's also a form of Gerrymandering wherein members of a single party are all grouped together within the same district so as to keep them from affecting the vote in a different district. It's how you can make one ultra-strong blue district and a whole bunch of steady red districts.

It's the district dilemma: do you structure things so that people are voting with those who are similar or do you do it geographically.

Personally, I don't think you do it at all. Superdistricts are the way to go.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

I mean, I guess? But that's also a form of Gerrymandering wherein members of a single party are all grouped together within the same district so as to keep them from affecting the vote in a different district. It's how you can make one ultra-strong blue district and a whole bunch of steady red districts.

Yeah but I'm willing to accept a weird looking district that's racially inclusive instead of the exact opposite.

People are talking about App State joining the ACC if this happens which lol

I mean they'd compete in football but they play basketball in a highschool gym.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Alaois posted:

This is true we have a lot of good Brazilian barbecue.

But every single American barbecue restaurant in NJ or NYC is mediocre barbecue for too much money.

I had barbecue at Blue Smoke a while back and it was $28 for brisket and two sides, what the gently caress is this poo poo, you criminals, it's barely average brisket.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

And to think I thought the splurge in posting was due to NC being idiots again. Good to see we stayed on topic.

White sauce 4 lyfe.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I think we can put our differences aside to make fun of Florida, because apparently Floridians consider smoking loving fish to be barbecuing.

How is this not barbeque? Do you even know what the definition of bbq is?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Smoked mullet is delicious.

gently caress y'all. :colbert:

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

Smoked mullet is delicious.

gently caress y'all. :colbert:

But enough about hairstyles.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

vyst posted:

No poo poo - smoked fish is great.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The WV governor is spending all of his free time trying to fire Marshall's coach. Apparently.

Lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The WV governor is spending all of his free time trying to fire Marshall's coach. Apparently.

Lmao

Holy poo poo you aren't kidding
http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news-politics/20170412/source-says-justice-trying-to-oust-marshalls-holliday-others

E: hell yeah the greenbrier, played golf there once

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 13, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Worse ways for governors to spend their free time.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah, they could be completely absent from doing anything in the state and letting their douche lieutenant governor take the reigns so they can focus on border control and trying to gently caress up the constitution.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Florida's usually spends his figuring out how to gently caress taxpayers out of money and give it to his friends

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

DJExile posted:

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news-politics/20170412/source-says-justice-trying-to-oust-marshalls-holliday-others

So does he go to Urban or Saban as an analyst?

Or I guess there's the comedy Holgo option

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I wish Asa Hutchinson would fire the football coach.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

vyst posted:

To be fair, outside of the south, the term barbeque is used as a synonym for "grilling". Also, almost all non-native English speakers do the same.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

You disgust me trying to pass off your non-beef/pork dishes as bbq.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lmfao

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Champions of Life

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I have no idea what this is from, but I'm sitting at work cackling like a loving idiot over this picture. It's beautiful and terrible and I love it.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
John Mueller Meat Company, the only elite-tier BBQ place in Austin that had reasonable wait times, is gone now. Because John is an irresponsible drunkard who didn't pay sales tax for years, so one day the state came and took all his poo poo. God drat he can make a brisket, though.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I was going to get a smoker but I also think I kind of want a charcoal grill that can serve double duty so I can smoke some meat, both sexually and otherwise.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
e: ^^ Weber + https://pitmasteriq.com/ = delicious smoked meats. $240 total for something that can't be matched until you get into the $1-$2k range. If you drop cash on a BGE or Kamado, the IQ becomes even more incredible. My next step from the Weber is a thick-metal side-smoker or a built-in brick smoker, though.

Thermos H Christ posted:

John Mueller Meat Company, the only elite-tier BBQ place in Austin that had reasonable wait times, is gone now. Because John is an irresponsible drunkard who didn't pay sales tax for years, so one day the state came and took all his poo poo. God drat he can make a brisket, though.

John was always inconsistent. Some days he'd deliver something that approached Franklin level, some days he could barely deliver a passable Rudy's. Did magic with beef ribs, but so does Micklethwaite and Stiles Switch. It probably has something to do with him being a drunkard. John did a lot for Austin BBQ (mostly training Aaron), but the scene doesn't really miss him. His best role would be to go pitmaster for someone else and have absolutely nothing to do with the ownership or running of the business.

But Micklethwaite, Kerlin, Valentina's and Brown's all have reasonable wait times and fall within elite tier. La BBQ has reasonable wait times 50% of the time. And Slab is pro-tier Tuesday night (rib night) dinner.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 14, 2017

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

kayakyakr posted:

e: ^^ Weber + https://pitmasteriq.com/ = delicious smoked meats. $240 total for something that can't be matched until you get into the $1-$2k range. If you drop cash on a BGE or Kamado, the IQ becomes even more incredible. My next step from the Weber is a thick-metal side-smoker or a built-in brick smoker, though.

John was always inconsistent. Some days he'd deliver something that approached Franklin level, some days he could barely deliver a passable Rudy's. Did magic with beef ribs, but so does Micklethwaite and Stiles Switch. It probably has something to do with him being a drunkard. John did a lot for Austin BBQ (mostly training Aaron), but the scene doesn't really miss him. His best role would be to go pitmaster for someone else and have absolutely nothing to do with the ownership or running of the business.

But Micklethwaite, Kerlin, Valentina's and Brown's all have reasonable wait times and fall within elite tier. La BBQ has reasonable wait times 50% of the time. And Slab is pro-tier Tuesday night (rib night) dinner.

Yeah, even my brazos style offset smoker has a shelf i can throw in it to hold coals to turn it into a big rear end grill.

You like Stiles Switch? I tried twice but got awful brisket/ribs both times. I've heard from others it's really inconsistent. This sucks, because it's like, 2 miles from my house.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, even my brazos style offset smoker has a shelf i can throw in it to hold coals to turn it into a big rear end grill.

You like Stiles Switch? I tried twice but got awful brisket/ribs both times. I've heard from others it's really inconsistent. This sucks, because it's like, 2 miles from my house.

Nah, it's wicked overpriced and sometimes you get great food there, sometimes it's crap.

North-side, I'm all in on Slab. Love their sandwiches for a good BBQ meat fix.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

kayakyakr posted:

Nah, it's wicked overpriced and sometimes you get great food there, sometimes it's crap.

North-side, I'm all in on Slab. Love their sandwiches for a good BBQ meat fix.

There's a new place that opened on Braker before 35. I haven't tried it yet, but people on nextdoor say it was good. You tried it or heard about it?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Neil Armbong posted:

There's a new place that opened on Braker before 35. I haven't tried it yet, but people on nextdoor say it was good. You tried it or heard about it?

Saw that it was open, haven't gotten to go try it yet. I know what you're talking about, though.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

happy 4/13th day yall

Mustard BBQ sauce is champs this year

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I was going to get a smoker but I also think I kind of want a charcoal grill that can serve double duty so I can smoke some meat, both sexually and otherwise.

Just buy this and google the Minion Method.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/smokey-mountain-cooker-series

I've had mine for almost 10 years and its one of the best purchases I've ever made. Fantastic beast.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

kayakyakr posted:

I miss him! Every great place I've ever found has some disappointing days. At his very best I liked John's better than the couple of times I've had Aaron's. But I also happen to prefer brisket that retains some legit beef flavor and isn't just insanely smoky. For example, in Lockhart I much prefer Smitty's to Black's, but I know some Black's fanatics accuse Smitty's of being roast beef with some smokiness.

In my book Brown's and Valentina's and Mickelthwaite are good but not elite tier, and I've passed on all of them before just based on the length of the line. Elite tier to me is pretty much John Mueller (RIP), La, and Franklin. That Louie Mueller coaching tree is strong as gently caress. Also to my great disappointment I found Lambert's to be really fantastic the one time I had it, even though BBQ in a sitdown restaurant with plates and waiters and craft cocktails is a loving abomination. You sell that poo poo at the counter by weight, wrapped up in greasy paper. To-go orders go in a sack, dine-in on a plastic tray. There are rules, people.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DJExile posted:

Well I guess we know who Andichu voted for.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Grittybeard posted:

Well I guess we know who Andichu voted for.

I worked for Jim Justice and he is a very dumb man and I really dislike that our state politics have gotten even more ridiculously stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

LeeMajors posted:

Just buy this and google the Minion Method.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/smokey-mountain-cooker-series

I've had mine for almost 10 years and its one of the best purchases I've ever made. Fantastic beast.

I used mine once and never again. Couldn't control the heat on that.

Thermos H Christ posted:

I miss him! Every great place I've ever found has some disappointing days. At his very best I liked John's better than the couple of times I've had Aaron's. But I also happen to prefer brisket that retains some legit beef flavor and isn't just insanely smoky. For example, in Lockhart I much prefer Smitty's to Black's, but I know some Black's fanatics accuse Smitty's of being roast beef with some smokiness.

In my book Brown's and Valentina's and Mickelthwaite are good but not elite tier, and I've passed on all of them before just based on the length of the line. Elite tier to me is pretty much John Mueller (RIP), La, and Franklin. That Louie Mueller coaching tree is strong as gently caress. Also to my great disappointment I found Lambert's to be really fantastic the one time I had it, even though BBQ in a sitdown restaurant with plates and waiters and craft cocktails is a loving abomination. You sell that poo poo at the counter by weight, wrapped up in greasy paper. To-go orders go in a sack, dine-in on a plastic tray. There are rules, people.

Ah, I prefer meat candy BBQ. And Smitty's is the bottom of the elite tier. Brown's, Valentina's, and Mickelthwaite are all a notch above them (along with Cooper's Llano, Black's Lockhart), then a gap for the mueller tree BBQs. That's CenTex only, mind.

• Locked thread