Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
god drat aleister black just looks so awesome.

may the dark lord bless wwe for just letting him do him. i mean the left hand magick tattoo kinda demands it.

e: two things

1) between nakamura's goodbye promo and him on talk is jericho, he can speak in english at length to a degree that's pretty impressive since japanese and english are about as foreign as languages get. i just hope they let him actually get some mic time on smackdown, cause i mean, they let baron corbin do promos and he's terrible at delivering scripted lines.

2) did drew mcintyre just get a lot better outside of wwe or something? i can't figure out why he got the jobberino role for his first run, he's tall, well built, can speak pretty well, and looked really fluid in the ring. like, i get why jinder was heath's lackey but not so much drew.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Holy poo poo Drew is good. I hated him years ago. This guy rules now.

he improved a ton very fast after he got released, especially at carrying himself like a star. i figured he'd be back in wwe eventually and he's still young so i hope he gets another real shot at being something.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 13, 2017

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

shiksa posted:

2) did drew mcintyre just get a lot better outside of wwe or something? i can't figure out why he got the jobberino role for his first run, he's tall, well built, can speak pretty well, and looked really fluid in the ring. like, i get why jinder was heath's lackey but not so much drew.

He didn't, they initially gave him a big push. But he was not ready at that point and didn't get over at all, which tainted their view of him. He's much better now and far enough removed from his jobber days that he can be taken seriously again.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WORK that doesn't take Good Friday off

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Drew was always good but they wanted him to work as a chickenshit heel for most of his initial push so he never got to show what he could do, up until that eimination chamber match where he just cut lose. Unfortunately right after that he had the stuff with Taryn Terell go down and got depushed and punished as a comedy jobber.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Team them up, then replace Enzo and Cass with Oney and Drew.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Aphrodite posted:

Has the WWE ever done the polite guy with rage issues thing before? It seems so obvious and simple but I can't think of any.

That was pretty much bob backlund's entire original run. Polite midwestern man who, if you pushed him too far, went loving nuts. See: his 78-79 feud with peter maivia

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
Drew Mcintyre was always good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKe5482xhTI

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

Has the WWE ever done the polite guy with rage issues thing before? It seems so obvious and simple but I can't think of any.

yeah silent rage from tough enough 2011

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
gently caress a Shield reunion, I want 3MB with fiery babyface Slater, roid monster Jinder and indie hoss Drew. It's like I've of those gritty reboots of a silly 80s franchise.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Aphrodite posted:

Alex "The Rage Man" Riley.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

Alex "The Rage Man" Riley.

There was nothing polite about him. Even during the Owens vs Riley feud, he pretty much acted like a dick all of the time.

Go with what you know, I guess.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/DashDawson/videos/417072188663365/

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/853026008655638529

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
everything about dylan miley is pretty great

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Capsaicin posted:

everything about dylan miley is pretty great

I hope they push him as a face, but I agree. WWE needs more throwback giant muscley hgh monsters.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiOiaU08aPM

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT tapes TV again this Wednesday.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

NXT tapes TV again this Wednesday.

Unless I'm mistaken, won't this be the last set of tapings before the next Takeover the day before Backlash?

I imagine the upper card will be Bobby Roode vs Drew McIntyre for the NXT title, and Asuka vs Ember Moon for the NXT Womens Title. I have no clue who the AOP will face. If they compete at all.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Thought they were doing Itami/Roode at Takeover?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/dash-wilder-injured-revival/#.WPUkyFMrJE4

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Welp, looks like The Revival are gonna redebut after Bad Blood

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

looks like itami broke his face

https://twitter.com/aprilismissing/status/854083432435068931

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
No Talk Just Fists

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Goddamnit Itami you can barely stay healthy and now you're hurting other people too?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well you guys kept saying he just needed to go back to being KENTA so it logically follows that he'd start beating the poo poo out of developmental talent

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

man that sucks for itami

he got hurt and was out for like two years, then got hurt and was out for a few months, was replaced by nakamura as the breakout asian star, then broke one the jaw of one of the most hyped callups of the year

i have to imagine he's on the list for consideration for cutting

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At the very least he's running out of last straws

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

itami sucks anyway.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

That DICK! posted:

itami sucks anyway.

pretty much.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Go RV! posted:

was replaced by nakamura as the breakout asian star,

How, are Asian wrestlers Highlanders or something?

Itami would be on 205 most likely, he's 5'9", 182.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

sticklefifer posted:

How, are Asian wrestlers Highlanders or something?

In WWE they are usually a checked box

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Itami is good

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

beggar posted:

In WWE they are usually a checked box

exactly.

itami is japanese, hits hard, and comes off a legitimate threat.

tozawa does this in 205 already, plus is getting over by yelling a lot.

nakamura fills the niche, and has the added bonus of being the most charismatic man in existance.

now, its definitely possible that there could be two prominent japanese guys at once, especially with having two brands, so you never know, but i'd say chances are low

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If Ibushi had signed they probably would've pushed him a fair bit too. Still, I don't think One Requisite Asian is really a historic thing as much as people say. WWE's roster has usually had more than one, sometimes several under contract at a time. I can't really blame anyone for not noticing though, as most weren't really prominent. But in the early/mid-2000s for a span of several years they had Taka, Funaki, Ultimo, Tajiri, Yang, Sakoda, Gail, Kenzo & Hiroko, and Batista, and in the eras before there were usually a few at a time. Again, not all were prominent and some they screwed up royally (Ultimo in particular) but their track record honestly isn't that terrible.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Go RV! posted:

man that sucks for itami

he got hurt and was out for like two years, then got hurt and was out for a few months, was replaced by nakamura as the breakout asian star, then broke one the jaw of one of the most hyped callups of the year

i have to imagine he's on the list for consideration for cutting

It's not like he did any of these things on purpose. people have done worse to others (samoa joe, seth rollins) or had multiple injury stretches (rollins). getting hurt happens. it's not like AJ was on any kind of shitlist when, in his debut, he chopped the tooth out of Miz's mouf.

if anyone is gonna make the call to quit it'd probably be itami over NXT at this point.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Itami was hurt by bad timing more than anything else. He signed back when Bryan and Punk were using his signature moves, and WWE has a bug up their rear end about multiple people doing the same finisher, so he had to water down his moveset. His debut angle was a one-sided beatdown from the loving Ascension, which was ultimately a vehicle to get Balor over.

By the time he actually got to cut loose and be KENTA (and he was getting over, don't let revisionist history tell you otherwise), he blew out his shoulder. They brought him back in a hot feud with Aries, but whoops, Aries got hurt and hosed off to 205 Live, and then Itami got injured by a green-rear end rookie, so now he's back but creative has nothing for him.

Now what the hell do they do with him? It shouldn't be too hard to rehab his crowd reactions, but it'll be an uphill climb.

Benne fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 18, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
He should do what Chris Hero and Sammi Callahan did and just duck out, go on and put out the best matches in the indies, and maybe come back when he's a more exciting commodity again rather than endlessly spinning his wheels in NXT

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

He should do what Chris Hero and Sammi Callahan did and just duck out, go on and put out the best matches in the indies, and maybe come back when he's a more exciting commodity again rather than endlessly spinning his wheels in NXT

Itami would have a tougher time of that in America because visas and family issues, but it wouldn't shock me at all if he's going to return to Japan. It's tough to guess if he'd be loyal to NOAH or go to the higher-profile New Japan slot, more likely the latter because NOAH's kinda in the shitter at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah, it's probably a much better idea for him at this point to just duck out and take Shibata's slot in the G1.

• Locked thread