Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wheany posted:

gently caress off.

Don't act like methodis leaving this thread (or any thread) wouldn't make it better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

have you considered starting a "nintendo sucks" thread?

I'm pretty sure the moderation has voiced their opinion on this matter already.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anidav posted:

I knew this day would come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_qbf4Nnzw
Senran Kagura Project Announced for Switch
The main feature of the game is feeling "chests" with HD Rumble.

Jesus Christ.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How do we not have hilarious gifs of stonefaced japanese developer guy, yet?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Apparently someone stumbled into a debug menu of the Puyo demo.

http://reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/653ihl/so_i_was_playing_the_puyo_puyo_tetris_demo_when_i/

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Anidav posted:

:catstare:

what the gently caress is that

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Playstation Vita? I thought you guys broke up?

That's what we wanted you to think!
*waifu games and Berlin wall*

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

People kept saying the creepy anime (redundant I know) games were going to make their way over and here we are

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Andrast posted:

Don't act like methodis leaving this thread (or any thread) wouldn't make it better

Well I mean it would be nice if this thread was a little less toxic.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

:mrwhite:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i think it might have something to do less with it being a "hugbox" and more the fact that you only show up to post complaints about whatever thing people are saying is great, friend. have you considered starting a "nintendo sucks" thread?

alternatively, you may want to talk to a therapist about how offended you are about people enjoying things you don't like because it's probably not healthy

seems like youre the one offended by someone sharing their opinion

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
oh no, my own petard, my only weakness

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
maybe you should settle down. theres no reason to be so adversarial in the nintendo switch thread

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anidav posted:

God is good, I called this since but this could be seen from a mile away if you only slightly know about Senran Kagura.

Also, I only watched the Switch portion of the direct but did they seriously not give us info about the VC? loooooooool

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Who else got the lego city game? I've just had two errors in a row in the game-- the first time was a full on OS crash where the switch needed to be restarted when I took it out of the dock, the second I was just walking around in game and the game itself crashed ("Software Error"). This is not boding well...

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Wheany posted:

I'm pretty sure the moderation has voiced their opinion on this matter already.

Do people go into the Steam thread posting pages and pages worth of pointless and often nonsensical complaints about how much they hate it? Threads in Games are typically for fans to discuss things related to the topic, they're not just open ended debate chambers where there are two equal and valid sides that deserve the same amount of attention. It's honestly a little weird to spend so much time making GBS threads on something in a place where people are fans of it. No one is going to agree or change their mind, so what's the point? The GBS Switch thread, which was made to mock it, was great and totally fine.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Drunk Tomato posted:

Do people go into the Steam thread posting pages and pages worth of pointless and often nonsensical complaints about how much they hate it? Threads in Games are typically for fans to discuss things related to the topic, they're not just open ended debate chambers where there are two equal and valid sides that deserve the same amount of attention. It's honestly a little weird to spend so much time making GBS threads on something in a place where people are fans of it. No one is going to agree or change their mind, so what's the point? The GBS Switch thread, which was made to mock it, was great and totally fine.

If you have a problem with the moderation, post about it in QCS.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

After a few hours with the Pro Controller. Really dig it. Might take over as my PC controller for anything that doesn't require analog triggers.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Wheany posted:

Lmao

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer
If they don't release a series of incredibly gaudy neon joycon combos for the Splatoon launch they will have missed a critical opportunity. We need teal/purple controllers to match our squid kids.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I wasn't too hype over anything in the Direct (except MK8DX and maybe Splatoon 2) but that's OK because BOTW and P5 will probably take me years to finish.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Is Europe getting the puyo puyo Tetris demo as it's not in my eshop?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It was announced on the European stream but I haven't checked the shop.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Drunk Tomato posted:

Yes, people post about various things that are poo poo about steam in the steam thread.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

It was announced on the European stream but I haven't checked the shop.

It's weird the shop and news haven't updated since the direct, you would think the arms and splatoon videos would be in the news and puyo Tetris in eshop but they aren't. I am connected to WiFi so that's not the issue.

I got the Kirby game on my 3DS so the 3DS eshop was fine!

Thanks for confirming it was on European stream, i accidentally watched the US one and couldn't be bothered to change over!

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Oh. My. Zeus. posted:

If they don't release a series of incredibly gaudy neon joycon combos for the Splatoon launch they will have missed a critical opportunity. We need teal/purple controllers to match our squid kids.

I demand purple and yellow joycons so we can finally play Snipperclips with controllers that match player colours, as God intended

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I've said it before and I'll say it again: You are allowed to post about the things you dislike in the thread for that thing just as much as you are allowed to post about the things you like.

My moderation style is along the lines of "it's not what you say but the way that you say it."
(There are a couple of posts on the last page that I will definitely probate for if I see similar after this post.)

You don't have to respond to every post and you don't have to accept every viewpoint. Some people will just be wrong about things in your opinion and that's fine. I like seeing varied thoughts and I like to question my own views on things by entertaining other stances. However, if it is nothing but 100% antagonism, then I will certainly question the intent behind the posting and probate accordingly.

Now, Nintendo please make Orange Neon Joycons :D!!!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

spice, bring back spice, the spice mus tflow

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'd kinda like some new non-neon joycon colours. Seems like they're gonna be on a neon kick for a while, but I'd like something a bit less over-the-top while still being more interesting than grey.

Switch devkits get black joycons and those look swanky as hell.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah, I think something like the gamecube purple, or the best, coolest choice, Atomic Purple would be really exciting.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
They should do some NES colored 'cons and sell jillions of them

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TerraGoetia posted:

Payday 2 is cooperative, but randoms will certainly ruin stealth missions.

When you're new you don't even have a silencer anyway, so gently caress it, start of with loud missions and shoot everything.

Last time I played Payday 2 I ran the bank heist from the first game with 2 friends, who were high level and tricked out, with me just being eyes for them more than anything. End result was I got a ton of cash and experience from a single run and probably more than I'd have earned from a dozen newbie starting missions.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Wheany posted:

Literally no one is complaining about mods here you have the most ridiculous false analogy lmao

Give me green and purple joycons with splatoon

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Based on yesterday i can now confirm that the Nintendo Switch is the #1 console for emergency appendectomy patients.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rad Valtar posted:

Based on yesterday i can now confirm that the Nintendo Switch is the #1 console for emergency appendectomy patients.

It's a growth market!

Sorry about your appendix

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i played zelda for about 30-40 minutes in bed last night and it went from a 100% charge to 66%, is that normal? seems way too fast when i'm hearing people are hitting 3-5 hours. worried my battery is hosed.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Vikar Jerome posted:

i played zelda for about 30-40 minutes in bed last night and it went from a 100% charge to 66%, is that normal? seems way too fast when i'm hearing people are hitting 3-5 hours. worried my battery is hosed.

What's your brightness at? Was wifi on?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

jivjov posted:

What's your brightness at? Was wifi on?

brightness slightly under 50% but automatic still on and wifi is on.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Vikar Jerome posted:

brightness slightly under 50% but automatic still on and wifi is on.

Yeah, I think the 4-5 hour figures are assuming airplane mode and low brightness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It still probably shouldn't drop to 66% that quickly though.

• Locked thread