Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ron Darling posted:

Been around these forums for a long time, but ain't never, ever, thought I would see a greedo in a butthole

OP, please stay safe and maybe install auto-defense turrets or some poo poo before you wake up with your roommates head on your chest and your body sewn to the floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvoDTtUzCw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

home defense is no joke in the united states

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

turn off the TV posted:

I'm pretty sure that in most places a person being involuntarily hospitalized doesn't need to commit a crime. From the sounds of it you can go pretty far with just "this person is diagnosed with schizophrenia, is no longer receiving treatment, and is sending me death threats."

So that works for a couple days or couple weeks depending on your state. Then what? That's not enough time for the anti-psych meds to really work, and besides meds alone aren't enough. Particularly for schizophrenia, because it's not like the meds erase your memory. You still remember all that crazy poo poo your were 100% convinced of. Plus you've just been forced to take these pills by your jailers -- it's obviously terrible stuff that kills your brain and you won't take them as soon as you get out. Crazy people need more than meds to get un-crazy, they need a motive.

My experience with a crazy dad: it took the entire extended family working on it, a short involuntary psych hospital stay, and he really wanted to see his kids again. Without that last part I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have stayed on meds, cause as soon as we weren't kids spending summers with him he went off them. And my dad wasn't nearly as crazy as Harakiri's girl.

In Harakiri's situation, I wouldn't try to get someone involuntarily committed. Not unless I really felt I or the crazy person was immediately in danger. It's not worth making yourself into The Enemy.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Famethrowa posted:

This is also why we have so many schizophrenic homeless folk.

There's one schizophrenic woman that tends to stay around one of the bus stops, kind of just... roaming around. One of the other neighbors I see around told me she 'got a M.A., had a good job, then one day *boop*'

She once came up to me shouted 'get outta my face you white bitch!' and took a swing at me. A friend or family member intervened and looked utterly crushed when he said 'I'm really sorry. She's sick. You know; mentally.'

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Klyith posted:

So that works for a couple days or couple weeks depending on your state.

From what I've read there are states that will take people for months if necessary.

But yeah, if he's in a lovely state there's not much to do.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think Mississippi is the shittiest state. No offense potter

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I've heard repeatedly, and can confirm from personal experience, no sex will ever be as good as the sex you have when you don't know if she is gonna knife you this time.

There is a carthage in Texas as well. Even a movie about mental illness there (Bernie)

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

RFC2324 posted:

I've heard repeatedly, and can confirm from personal experience, no sex will ever be as good as the sex you have when you don't know if she is gonna knife you this time.

There is a carthage in Texas as well. Even a movie about mental illness there (Bernie)

Isn't the whole thing that she is just batshit and was referring to like, Carthage from antiquity? Hence "Hannibal"

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

skeemon posted:

Isn't the whole thing that she is just batshit and was referring to like, Carthage from antiquity? Hence "Hannibal"

yeah, this is what I thought too. He says "now I know where Carthage is" because she calls him Hannibal.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I've only self-harmed.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

powerful sex moves posted:

yeah, this is what I thought too. He says "now I know where Carthage is" because she calls him Hannibal.

Correct. It's the cop who thinks she's from Mississippi because the dude doesn't get antiquity references.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I cut the other day so I could feel something.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

We Know Catheters posted:

I cut the other day so I could feel something.

Careful - you're so edgy that you might... Wait, well, um, poo poo.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
man, i dunno you guys are pretty uncultured. and this is coming from a full hick crop farmer with some goats and a lot more of them because it's kidding season now

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Would you like to see a bucket of goat kids?

there you go, takes my mind off getting murdered sometimes.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

goats are fuckin cute and cool and they jump on eachothers backs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i can't believe you've had goats this entire time and not shared a picture

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Jose posted:

i can't believe you've had goats this entire time and not shared a picture

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
my sister got a goat once and i was just

i was just really scared of that goat

they are p loving hardcore

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Hell yeah post more goats

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

this is falstaff

so far, he's got 37 kids.

just a short share time, an interlude because the crazy will never stop

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thats a proud looking goat

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Goats kick rear end, but what are they even for, aside from looking totally metal? Dairy?

What do you do to the excess males

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Can you tell how old a goat is based on the length of beard? That goats look like he knows how to gently caress..... other goats.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Harakiri Potter posted:

this is falstaff

so far, he's got 37 kids.

just a short share time, an interlude because the crazy will never stop

That's a noble name for a goat

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Faffel posted:

Goats kick rear end, but what are they even for, aside from looking totally metal? Dairy?

What do you do to the excess males

i make fresh chevre. nubians are large goats. they produce about half as much as the saanen, which is like, a third the size. but nubians produce a very fatty milk. so my cheese is loving amazing.

excess males? they get sold at auction or eaten. depends, really. if i'm having a bad crop year, well, gonna eat some goats and then defrost them or smoke them and eat more of them. it's not that hard to figure out, really.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

They don't eat goats around here, but goat jerky sounds cool.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

goat jerky would loving ruin the goon preserved meat black market and it would be years before it recovered

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

does being a farmer pay well?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Harakiri Potter posted:

i make fresh chevre. nubians are large goats. they produce about half as much as the saanen, which is like, a third the size. but nubians produce a very fatty milk. so my cheese is loving amazing.

excess males? they get sold at auction or eaten. depends, really. if i'm having a bad crop year, well, gonna eat some goats and then defrost them or smoke them and eat more of them. it's not that hard to figure out, really.

I grew up on a desert ranch that raised nubian/boer crosses.

not terribly interesting seeing as how none of the goats ever had greedos in their butts

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I grew up on a desert ranch that raised nubian/boer crosses.

not terribly interesting seeing as how none of the goats ever had greedos in their butts

I mean, that's on you man. The goats can't do it themselves.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Famethrowa posted:

Ever since Reagan closed all the mental asylums, it's actually really really hard to get someone institutionalized for a meaningful amount of time. If she manages to have lucid moments they'll probably just hold her until she is lucid then kick her out, if they even decide to take her.

This is also why we have so many schizophrenic homeless folk.

Blame the hippies who think there's no such thing as mental illness

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I like those goats, please post more goats

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The goat aspect will end in tragedy when she chops up HP's corpse and tries to feed him to his own livestock to dispose of it.

Calling it now.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
p o s t t h e P e p

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Blame the hippies who think there's no such thing as mental illness

Yeah sure, Reagan cares what hippies say.

Just kidding around

Jesse Ventura
Jan 14, 2007

This drink is like somebody's memory of a grapefruit, and the memory is fading.

Jose posted:

does being a farmer pay well?

lol

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
there's a lady who comes into the store where i work who steals magazines and is always mumbling about blowjobs and the CIA, and i have to shoo her out sometimes because our security is always on a coffee break. then she calls me a racial blowjob and threatens to tell the news that our store is a racist CIA drug front and that we are denying her the magazines she wants. sometimes i read her blog and she's angry about our store online, as well

welp that's my crazy lady story, thanks for listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

there's a lady who comes into the store where i work who steals magazines and is always mumbling about blowjobs and the CIA, and i have to shoo her out sometimes because our security is always on a coffee break. then she calls me a racial blowjob and threatens to tell the news that our store is a racist CIA drug front and that we are denying her the magazines she wants. sometimes i read her blog and she's angry about our store online, as well

welp that's my crazy lady story, thanks for listening

Nothing to do with this post, and I may have told you this before, but I loving love your name lol

• Locked thread