Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

parallelodad posted:

Hotline Miami too violent. It looks like you take everyone down non-lethally in this, which is good.

*beats someone with a baseball bat in Mr Shifty*
HAHA He is ~unconscious~

But seriously Hotline Miami is an incredible game and I'd love it on the Switch for portable mode shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Fast RMX update got a release date!
https://twitter.com/shinengames/status/852520243276730368

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quoting this for the top of the page if anyone is interested.

Infinitum posted:

Also there is a super neat looking game that just released in the Japanese eShop called Kamiko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MIJ65Itxlo

It's only 500 yen (~$5) and I'm seriously considering grabbing a 1000 yen eShop card to grab it as it has English language options.

I might grab it tomorrow, but imma sleep on it first.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Infinitum posted:

I liked this thread better when it was secretly about amiibo loving

It can be again.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Quoting this for the top of the page if anyone is interested.

I might grab it tomorrow, but imma sleep on it first.

That devs other game came out on the US 3DS eshop so it might come out here if you don't want to go through the trouble.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

MinibarMatchman posted:

I just really want ALL the quirky Vita devs to get moving on the Switch.
How do you feel about hd rumble jiggle physics? Because I may have some good news for you...

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You can't touch a face on 3DS, but you can feel a boob on Switch?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Just saw my preorder I placed for puyo puyo tetris in March while it was still in stock says "delivery date pending" now instead of a confirmed date, does amazon normally do fuckery with game preorders for standard editions not arriving the day of? Also noticed it's sold out on Amazon. I usually never have issues with books.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Norns posted:

It can be again.

Is it ok for Amiibo to gently caress Skylanders or is that taboo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is it ok for Amiibo to gently caress Skylanders or is that taboo

Hey man. I don't kink shame

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I like Nintendo. A lot.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Unmature posted:

I like Nintendo. A lot.

But would you steal their shield?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Phantasium posted:

But would you steal their shield?

Their Nvidia Shield?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Great now I want to play Hotline Miami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNE2oCZH_4k

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hotline Miami X Binding of Isaac :swoon:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phantasium posted:

I want both.
I don't care for Cloud. He's fine, but I'm not buying his amiibo.

I want the new splatoon ones and the pikmin one and the majoras mask one maybe

Unmature posted:

I like Nintendo. A lot.
:yeah:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I read the Destructoid review of Mr. Shifty, I think I'm still on board. The slow down that some people report is kind of concerning.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Kamiko looks like original Zelda so how close does it come? Also the music is pretty good.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So I mean I know they're finishing the Smash Bros line but with how much Nintendo is ready to instantly kill the Wii U does it seem likely new smash coming to Switch this year?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Kashuno posted:

So I mean I know they're finishing the Smash Bros line but with how much Nintendo is ready to instantly kill the Wii U does it seem likely new smash coming to Switch this year?

If Smash for Switch is a new version of Smash 4, it seems like a "E3 showcase, holiday release" kind of thing.

But if it's going to be Smash 5 instead, it might take a few years.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
It feels like there aren't a lot of games for the switch, but I'm pretty excited about what's coming out over the next few months and don't see myself getting bored at all. My conclusion is the internal conflict must be resolved by buying Amiibabys.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
haha, so it took 1 hour and 30 minutes for the battery to drop to 1% and i got the warnings about a low battery and that the console was about to go to sleep unless i charge it. it then stayed on 1% for 1 hour and 40 minutes before it finally decided to go into sleep mode.

so 3 hours and 10mins while playing zelda on 50% auto brightness and wifi on with freestyle 'cons. sounds right, i was getting worried i'd have to send my switch in. i'm assuming that percentage poo poo is just software related that could get fixed via firmware? or this drain might even fix it, i had a similar thing happen to my left joy con until i fully drained and recharged that and now they last seemingly forever.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Well at the moment, the only 1st Party Switch game that I'm aware of which is coming to the Switch between Splatoon 2 (July) and Mario Odyssey ("Holiday") is Fire Emblem Warriors, so it's possible they might have a Smash port ready to go in that window also. It's equally possible though that they don't have anything scheduled during that window other than Fire Emblem Warriors.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I think we should probably wait until E3 has come & gone before we start making Smash/Pokemon predictions.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If the Switch doesn't game a main Pokemon game then it will have failed at a console.

(Really, I just want to play Pokémon again I never bought a 3DS)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I never bought a 3DS
You chose...poorly.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I haven't dipped into a Pokemon game since Silver/Gold but I'd buy a Switch game.

I came really close to getting one for my 3ds but I never pulled the trigger.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vikar Jerome posted:

haha, so it took 1 hour and 30 minutes for the battery to drop to 1% and i got the warnings about a low battery and that the console was about to go to sleep unless i charge it. it then stayed on 1% for 1 hour and 40 minutes before it finally decided to go into sleep mode.

so 3 hours and 10mins while playing zelda on 50% auto brightness and wifi on with freestyle 'cons. sounds right, i was getting worried i'd have to send my switch in. i'm assuming that percentage poo poo is just software related that could get fixed via firmware? or this drain might even fix it, i had a similar thing happen to my left joy con until i fully drained and recharged that and now they last seemingly forever.

I'd recommend turning percentage display off. This goes for all mobile devices. The bar itself gives a decent idea, the percentage is never accurate, and calculating the percentage actually drains the battery faster.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Beastie posted:

I haven't dipped into a Pokemon game since Silver/Gold but I'd buy a Switch game.

I came really close to getting one for my 3ds but I never pulled the trigger.

Sun and Moon are amazing and I can't recommend them enough. If they dont' announce Stars at E3 you probably should just get it for 3DS. I should really go back and get those last dozen or so things for my living dex update.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Vikar Jerome posted:

I have the same problem with my battery meter. I just ignore it, now. The battery's fine, it's the meter that's hosed up. Dunno if that's something they'll patch out (if it can be patched, I guess).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I doubt we will see a pokemon game announced this year, as they seem to want to support the 3DS for a while yet and a pokemon game on Switch takes the wind out of the sails.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Kashuno posted:

I doubt we will see a pokemon game announced this year, as they seem to want to support the 3DS for a while yet and a pokemon game on Switch takes the wind out of the sails.

I agree with this re: NEW games, but I could see them doing another remaster series of the older games on switch

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
no loving vc? i say... nintenDON'T!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Infinitum posted:

Hotline Miami X Binding of Isaac :swoon:

You sneak up on the enemy mobster and stab him. He retches and spawns 2 of those little spiders, which pull out little uzis and gun you down.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Sorry still figuring out some kinks in the bat-signal.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Infinitum posted:

Mr Shifty - 6/10 on Destructoid

Hotline Miami this ain't
(Just release Hotline Miami on the Switch)

Just be aware that their subtext on the 6/10 was it was an alright game that fans of the style will enjoy.

Also, Eurogamer recommends it, apparently.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so we're getting jackbox, mr shift, and probably a neo geo game today right?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
E3 needs to hurry up so I can see switch exclusives bayonetta 3 and vanquish 2

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

whaley posted:

E3 needs to hurry up so I can see switch exclusives bayonetta 3 and vanquish 2

Don't play with my heart like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

eonwe posted:

so we're getting jackbox, mr shift, and probably a neo geo game today right?

SamSho, I think. Which, may be good? I don't know... it was never something I played back in the day...

• Locked thread