Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Sickening posted:

I find it weird that they are trying to go ultra safe with removal but not combo.

Removal is a feel bad...I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I guess if they reprint Boom // Bust it might be worth playing.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Rinkles posted:

I'm wondering if initially it filtered without adding to the cost, but as a precaution of potential, if unlikely, problems with some Converge cards they played it safe. As is I think the card is just bad.

They're obviously worried about Prism Array taking over the format

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

I'm wondering if initially it filtered without adding to the cost, but as a precaution of potential, if unlikely, problems with some Converge cards they played it safe. As is I think the card is just bad.

It's just a buffed Crystal Quarry.

----

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Worth remembering torrential gearhulk can flashback either side of both of these.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Rinkles posted:

I think the most interesting parts are the general flavor of the card and the flavor text. It remembers me of Theros, with mana confluence and the 5 rivers. Mmaybe there is some connection?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

This is exactly what i want to be doing in limited.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

My favorite of the split card names.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

YggdrasilTM posted:

Bloodfury Militant
1R
Creature -- Minotaur Warrior (Uncommon)
When Bloodfury Militant enters the battlefield, discard a card.
4/3

We've come a long way since Balduvian Horde.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

odiv posted:

Does that land do anything fun with Bring to Light? Or any other converge?

makes it cost one more?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Commit is a Good Counterspell

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

They're obviously worried about Prism Array taking over the format

I still can't get over that nobody in the testing team could find a way to kill someone before they assembled WWUUBBRRGG

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
These aftermath cards are such a disappointment. Never to Return is going to be constructed playable just because some decks will want the front half, but you won't feel good about it. The rest feel like sideboard or limited chaff. Insult of Injury and Reduce to Rubble have an outside chance to find a few copies in a deck, but it seems like a huge waste.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

little munchkin posted:

makes it cost one more?
Whee!

Where's my Jump//Conclusions?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Some new cards semi-spoiled in the tokens article

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/tokens-amonkhet-2017-04-13

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sickening posted:

http://mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/cascadingcataracts.jpg

I can't wait to get this in prize packs and throw them away.

Hello Mono-G Door to Nothingness.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

C-Euro posted:

That art is hella sweet.

Also rules Q- why does that say "discarded or cycled" when cycling inherently has a discard effect built into it?

Comprehension for players who don't make the connection. This has the added benefit of interacting with non-cycling discard effects.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

There are way more regular tokens than I expected; I thought all the "token slots" would be taken up by embalm. More tokens to draw for my Cat Draft charity event!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

odiv posted:

Whee!

Where's my Jump//Conclusions?

Sadly, Jump is already a card.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

wanna know that one's mana cost. guessing 4G?

edit: especially given its at common

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

GoutPatrol posted:

Hello Mono-G Door to Nothingness.

Ooh yeah, that's a good point. That's a nice janky finisher in a ramp deck that no one will expect.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Lone Goat posted:

Sadly, Jump is already a card.

Hm. Interesting question: can they print Jump // Conclusions if Jump if the Jump part of the card is identical to the original?

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Memoricide for Artifacts:

Name an artifact card. Search target player's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with that name and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MiddleEastBeast posted:

that card is very very red

maybe red/black, but i think they said black wasn't getting any embalm creatures so i'm guessing just red

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

MiddleEastBeast posted:

All the tokens have a common rarity symbol. They said that there's only one red embalm creature, so this is probably it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

MiddleEastBeast posted:

All tokens have the black symbol. Not indicative of the original's rarity.

E:b

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Name an artifact card. Search target player's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with that name and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

Why can't this cost "B"? It still wouldn't' be playable...

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

MiddleEastBeast posted:

I name Saheeli Rai Felidar Guardian tokens :smug:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Marketing New Brain posted:

I name Saheeli Rai Felidar Guardian tokens :smug:

They're named "Felidar Guardian" which isn't the name of an artifact card.

You can't even do it sassily.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

It is potentially interesting that you can jump straight to Gearhulking this (or any other instant with cycling) back without having to cast it first. Sort of a marginal bonus, but a consideration nonetheless.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

mandatory lesbian posted:

that card is very very red

maybe red/black, but i think they said black wasn't getting any embalm creatures so i'm guessing just red

you're right and i skipped over it being a Manticore, which is historically red.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I wish they'd move them to black so I could have the entire dungeon unit list in one color.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

C-Euro posted:

That art is hella sweet.

Also rules Q- why does that say "discarded or cycled" when cycling inherently has a discard effect built into it?

I want to use this with lotleth troll.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I just realized the number crunch rules out a Nicol Bolas planeswalker in this set. Poor Dark Intimations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Did anyone think Bolas would be here and not in the set called Hour of Devastation?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

whydirt posted:

Did anyone think Bolas would be here and not in the set called Hour of Devastation?

Hasn't that been telegraphed on all the cards as well? Something about the two suns and Bolas returning when they line up with the horns or something?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

its me glenda posted:

honestly i've had an absolute blast drafting every set since SoI.

Yeah, for all the complaints about Standard, I've really enjoyed most of the sets for draft for a while now. If they developed for Standard as well as they do for Draft, we'd be in good shape.

The worst recent set was probably BFZ, where everyone was annoyed how green was so much worse than the other colors. But even that wasn't that bad, and Oath of the Gatewatch actually righted the ship and was great fun.

The best draft set in recent memory is Triple Khans of Tarkir, and it's not that close.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

I just realized the number crunch rules out a Nicol Bolas planeswalker in this set. Poor Dark Intimations.

you are the only person surprised by this

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Entropic posted:

Yeah, for all the complaints about Standard, I've really enjoyed most of the sets for draft for a while now. If they developed for Standard as well as they do for Draft, we'd be in good shape.

The worst recent set was probably BFZ, where everyone was annoyed how green was so much worse than the other colors. But even that wasn't that bad, and Oath of the Gatewatch actually righted the ship and was great fun.

The best draft set in recent memory is Triple Khans of Tarkir, and it's not that close.

I know it's been doscussed recently, but i reckon you can take out "recent", leaving only triple original innistrad as close.

For recent memory it's not even close to close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I wish they'd move them to black so I could have the entire dungeon unit list in one color.

Has magic ever had beholders/ evil eyes?

• Locked thread