Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Vettel is a 4 time WDC and Ferrari are the best team in F1. Jenson Button fluked his way to a WDC almost loosing it to the corpse of Rubens Barrichello, McLaren are poo poo.

Now explain why the best team in F1 has been without a WDC in 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Dudley posted:

Ford aren't in WRC really, they're vaguely supportive but the program is run and funded by M-Sport. The other 3 are all full works programs.

The full factory teams are what makes rally really good imo. Audi, Subaru and Mitsubishi coming back would be great.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Wow, a poo poo poster in a poo poo thread. 🤣👎

Nobody posted about Myrddin_Emrys.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

9 years, actually.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

NtotheTC posted:

Nobody posted about Myrddin_Emrys.

:smug:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
McLaren should just run one car as a cost saving measure. I mean, neither car would finish the race, so may as well save the millions it'd cost to replace a power unit.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

How long were they without a WDC before dominating the sport for 5 years?

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Yearly Update Request: Which teams and drivers are cool and which should I scoff about? I like Max and im sticking with that lil dude forever, but the rest I'd rather be fed the correct opinion. Thanks in advance!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khablam posted:

How long were they without a WDC before dominating the sport for 5 years?

20 years. Don Enzo never saw a Wdc Ferrari again.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Which team has the most overall wins in F1???????????

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gigi Galli posted:

The full factory teams are what makes rally really good imo. Audi, Subaru and Mitsubishi coming back would be great.

Mitsubishi has money?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Poor Jense, this is what Stockholm Syndrome must be like.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Mitsubishi has money?

Lol no, I'm just fantasizing. Lancia should too while I'm at it.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

track day bro! posted:

Max.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

track day bro! posted:

What type of overalls are we talking about here? Red overalls, blue overalls? Full body overalls or the type that farmers wear?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nill posted:

I was speaking more to the idea of maintaining gaps through a caution.

Ah, in that case yeah, that's could be carried over. The dangers of late night posting after hockey.

Theophany posted:

I really dig the cameras on the roll hoops of Indy cars, swivelling as they overtake. That's rad and F1 should do it.

They can be nice, but sometimes you get the operator pointing them in a weird direction, so it's a double edged sword there.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
edit nevermind

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Best swivelcam moment I think was the camera swivelling backwards in sync with an overtake so it looked like a dickheadish turn and wave back as you pass

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Swiveling cameras are a stupid gimmick that should go away.

I'll sign my posts as much as I fancy, thank you very much

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Skarsnik posted:

It is way busier, but 75% of it is a 3 poster circle jerk

:magical:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:circlefap:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Set petulance levels to maximum

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Weird to see a bunch of drivers flat out admitting they're not nearly as good as Alonso.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah idiots you have to give 100% to F1 becuse you're not as good as Fernando.

Also you haven't been putting around in a GP2/F2 level car for 3 loving years.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's a really weird role reversal to have McLaren be the fun team and the rest of the grid being the stogey old man. I guess they really are aiming to go back to the Pre-Ron era.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

quote:

...while Nico Hulkenberg, who won the Le Mans 24 Hours in 2015 with Porsche, said his situation had little in common with Alonso's.

Uh huh. Sure Nico. Sure.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

When reached for comment, Alonso's biggest rival, the MCL32, stated that it still plans to attend Monaco regardless of Alonso's decision, but could not say for how long.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wuffles posted:

When reached for comment, Alonso's biggest rival, the MCL32, stated that it still plans to attend Monaco regardless of Alonso's decision, but could not say for how long.

:drat:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Also according to the 2017 drivers' standings, Alonso isn't even in Formula 1 this year so :shrug:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

track day bro! posted:

Vettel is a 4 time WDC and Ferrari are the best team in F1. Jenson Button fluked his way to a WDC almost loosing it to the corpse of Rubens Barrichello, McLaren are poo poo.

LOL, the best disorganized pile of desperation and mediocrity, glued together with "tradition", yes they are.

A lot less support than I would have thought for Alonso. I get if you're an actual contender for WDC, you wouldn't want to miss a race. If you think you can pull a few points for your midfield team (or your young career), you'll try to do the best you can every race. But in Alonso's case, his car is 60% likely going to fall apart before the race is over, and he's got nothing to prove as far as looking for a seat in F1. I think it's a perfect fit for him, I just hope he puts in enough practice to be competitive in the 500.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CratSock posted:

LOL, the best disorganized pile of desperation and mediocrity, glued together with "tradition", yes they are.

Name another team that has been as consistently good as they have. I expect I'll be waiting here a long time.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Weird to see a bunch of drivers flat out admitting they're not nearly as good as Alonso.

All of them know they don't have the pull or freedom that Alonso does.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Like it or not, Ferrari and their fans are the beating heart of the sport. Like 1/3 of the fans at any European GP are just Ferrari fans and give almost no shits as to who drives the car.
If Ferrari up and left the sport tomorrow, a hollow shell would remain.

If their fan reactions don't give you goosebumps sometimes you probably have no soul.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
All Alonso all the time. Pretty interesting, he's hinting at Lemans as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwUaJ_70qOE

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Name another team that has been as consistently good as they have. I expect I'll be waiting here a long time.

It's been 35 years since they've finished below 4th in the WCC. Alot of the issues with the team can be traced back to a fairly conservative development program.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

All of them know they don't have the pull or freedom that Alonso does.

Or the talent.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

dreesemonkey posted:

All Alonso all the time. Pretty interesting, he's hinting at Lemans as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwUaJ_70qOE

I kinda think he initially asked for LeMans or was approached by Toyota and the idea of a Honda driver eating poo poo in F1 and then winning LeMans in a Toyota probably didn't play well so they offered him Indy instead.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

I kinda think he initially asked for LeMans or was approached by Toyota and the idea of a Honda driver eating poo poo in F1 and then winning LeMans in a Toyota probably didn't play well so they offered him Indy instead.

According to him Zak had wanted him to do Indy, and <I don't know enough about Mclaren's organization french guy> wanted Alonso to do Lemans.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hulkenberg sounds like an rear end in a top hat in that interview. Nobody, including Alonso himself, said it would be easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hulkenberg parachuted into a team that was absolutely going to win Le Mans barring some freak accident so to act like he accomplished some mammoth task winning it is just insane.

• Locked thread