Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

Lakbay posted:

Just play on Easy or Safe

That was my next plan if it didn't seem like I was catching up :) Is it possible to drop down to safe for the increased XP and then revert back to normal? I was enjoying the challenge of the combat and didn't feel like I was weak until specifically fighting the boss, the eye and mouth just tag teamed the poo poo out of my guys RNG wise a lot of times in a row. If I have to go to easy I won't mind I just would prefer to keep it on the intended difficulty and figure out what my shortcomings are if possible too.

Will take a closer look at buffs/debuffs, I have been using them here and there but against the face painting it just seemed like since he had a dedicated eye casting it every turn I would never win and would eventually die to attrition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can drop down to easy and then revert back, but not down to safe then revert back

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

God I can't get the 4th Palace's music out of my head it's so good.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
No you're locked into Safe, I'd only go down that low if you've absolutely had it

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oxxidation posted:

Be sure to take advantage of buffs and debuffs. They're all extremely potent, they all stack, and nothing in the game is immune to them. A tough enemy hit with Tarunda and Sukunda is now a tough enemy that attacks for half damage and whiffs half the time.

Debilitate is the loving poo poo and Trumpeter is my main man :sax:

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

OK I will plan to do all the memento's I've been putting off prior to Palace 3 and see how it goes in there, if it's too hard I'll just have to go down to easy and spend an extra day or two before sending the card just clearing out the place for XP. Thanks for the tips, I'm really enjoying the game and have an irrational aversion to turning the difficulty down and admitting I'm bad but will do it in order to continue if I reach that point.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I guess I should grind up to like three million Japan Bux so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Kawakami and Chiyaha (i can't spell, sorry) are running me dry.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Re: being stuck on Madarame, can you not knock out 1 more level for Ryuji without wasting your SP and supply of items? Or does Palace 2 not let you run around on the heist day?

His having Rampage is a huge help for that battle and I'm pretty sure I was exactly the right level (17) to get it, so you're really only 1 level behind and not 5 or w/e.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

wizard on a water slide posted:

Re: being stuck on Madarame, can you not knock out 1 more level for Ryuji without wasting your SP and supply of items? Or does Palace 2 not let you run around on the heist day?

His having Rampage is a huge help for that battle and I'm pretty sure I was exactly the right level (17) to get it, so you're really only 1 level behind and not 5 or w/e.

You can run around in palace 2 on heist day.

And yes, Rampage makes the palace 2 boss go from nightmarish to a pushover. I had it on Joker and the boss barely put up a fight (on Normal).

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

If you're ever wondering if you have a Confidant available but you haven't started, they'll show up on the city screen if you press square on an area. Like, you'll see "speech-giving man" (if I remember right) for Sun if he's around and you haven't started him. I don't quite remember if this is true before you do the steps to actually start the link, though.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Harrow posted:

You can run around in palace 2 on heist day.

And yes, Rampage makes the palace 2 boss go from nightmarish to a pushover. I had it on Joker and the boss barely put up a fight (on Normal).

Yeah, you really want to have Ryuji use Rampage as much as possible. Sure, one part of it absorbs it, but if it spends a turn healing another part in lieu of using the Paint Break thing, that's a net plus for the team.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Rampage is also good if you just open with it and keep spamming Phys multi targer moves from like Oni or something, because hey, you can't heal what you haven't damaged.

Anyway, Yusuke in a yukata rules, can't believe my initial calcuations were off, Yusuke a strong best boy

also Ann invited me to go see Love, Actually and now i think i have to date her

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 13, 2017

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

I tried this after being frustrated on my 10th or so death, I cleared out almost the entire castle again but Ryuji was only level 15 when I was having this happen with Joker and Fox being the only 2 at 16, killing Madarame gave everyone +1 level so now I have 2 level 17's and the rest 16. I didn't have enough guys to get to level 17 in the palace without losing too much SP/HP and you can't leave once you are stealing the treasure so basically I just had a perfect storm of loving myself over happen.

It sounds like I should be back on a smoother curve once I do a few mementos so I'm not too worried, just an unfortunate situation made possible by having my only save in the boss room save room on heist day :bang:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I just unlocked the Temperance Confidant, it's a little weird how she is a potential romance after what happened with Kamoshida and his whole arc. Fortunately, that stuff is optional and I can choose not have it happening in my game.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

davidHalestorm posted:

I just unlocked the Temperance Confidant, it's a little weird how she is a potential romance after what happened with Kamoshida and his whole arc. Fortunately, that stuff is optional and I can choose not have it happening in my game.

For what it's worth, I think it's a good Confidant storyline, even if I'm not going to hook up with her.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think someone mentioned it before but if you're specifically XP grinding don't negotiate at all because it'll reduce XP

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

davidHalestorm posted:

i think there is one key difference between those two things. see if you can spot it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hooking up with her is pretty pandery but I mean that's basically all the romances in this so eh.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

davidHalestorm posted:

Well one is like forcing students to sleep with you and mentally and physically abusing them if not, and the other is like the stripper scene in Varsity Blues. At least Kawakami and Joker are both consenting and she even says he's too young for "Special Services" (despite being a dad!) on their first meeting

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Lakbay posted:

I think someone mentioned it before but if you're specifically XP grinding don't negotiate at all because it'll reduce XP

Negotiate once for money and then cancel into an AOA. :getin:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I know, but Joker is still a minor and a student, no? It's not the same thing as what Kamoshida did, of course but it still bothers me. Like I said though, I can choose not do it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cue the 'actually the age of consent in japan...' crew.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Like obv don't do it if you don't want to do it, but one is having a sincere and caring relationship with someone you already have a professional relationship with who is two years below the legal limit, the other is blackmailing and forcing someone two years below the limit to have sex with you through the professional relationship you have and you do that so much that a literal castle appears in another dimensions that stands purely as a monument to how much you like forcing underage teenagers to have sex with you so it's not really equivalent

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Endgame chat: Is there a true/bad/good ending? I'm wondering what I can get out of a second playthrough besides seeing all the SLinks resolve​.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Scorps posted:

Well one is like forcing students to sleep with you and mentally and physically abusing them if not, and the other is like the stripper scene in Varsity Blues. At least Kawakami and Joker are both consenting and she even says he's too young for "Special Services" (despite being a dad!) on their first meeting

Also you push yourself on her. She tries to get out of it and is very hesitant to start. She even keeps it professional at school, even if you prod. Pretty endearing really.

VVVShe's cool about it. If anything this paints the MC as sleazy.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 13, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It sure is endearing that you ask your teacher to gently caress you, yes

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
hahaha yusuke wanting his name to be da vinci and ryuji just going "nope." is the best.

I love these great boys

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Is there any reason why Satan couldn't inherit Ice Amp off of Black Frost via Gallows

Or is my luck just poo poo

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Like obv don't do it if you don't want to do it, but one is having a sincere and caring relationship with someone you already have a professional relationship with who is two years below the legal limit, the other is blackmailing and forcing someone two years below the limit to have sex with you through the professional relationship you have and you do that so much that a literal castle appears in another dimensions that stands purely as a monument to how much you like forcing underage teenagers to have sex with you so it's not really equivalent

That guy really sets the tone for the entire game. P5 starts off much darker than P4 and in P4, we got a murder right off the bat. I am at the third dungeon and nobody died but there are few scenes that me go holy poo poo. One of them being a dinner scene between Sae and Makoto.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Capsaicin posted:

hahaha yusuke wanting his name to be da vinci and ryuji just going "nope." is the best.

I love these great boys

we're all gay for yusuke

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

For what it's worth, I think it's a good Confidant storyline, even if I'm not going to hook up with her.

The story has a good resolution nonetheless, and the benefits are very worthwhile.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

My only regret about the bang maid is that I didn't name the MC Frank Reynolds

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

The Temperance confidant is a big ball of weird in so many ways but I'm really enjoying it. Not going to romance her but I can't blame anyone for wanting to. It's certainly a very "gently caress society" thing to do. It helps that Kawakami (gonna put the confidant's actual name in spoilers) is loving hilarious, at least in the first few ranks. When she drops the act in the rank 2 scene and just flops over on Joker's futon for a nap I laughed pretty hard.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I feel like I missed out on an important part of life by never having had a hot teacher, or even a teacher under the age of like 55 at any level of my education. Thanks for never retiring boomers.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Saint Freak posted:

I feel like I missed out on an important part of life by never having had a hot teacher, or even a teacher under the age of like 55 at any level of my education. Thanks for never retiring boomers.

You're not really missing out. They're often married anyway.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
How much SP do I need to beat the boss of the first palace? Playing on normal, level 10. I've reached the throne room where you look down on him, but I was thinking of doing some more grinding before fighting him.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

I love these great boys

Speaking of that scene, it took me a little bit of research to figure out what the hell was going on with Ryuji's codename suggestion.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

PirateBob posted:

How much SP do I need to beat the boss of the first palace? Playing on normal, level 10. I've reached the throne room where you look down on him, but I was thinking of doing some more grinding before fighting him.

You probably aren't at the boss. You'll know, unambiguously, when it's boss time well before you could fight him. If you aren't in a situation where it's like "this is definitely the time for the showdown and we talked about that before we even came in here" then grind all you want because you're going to have to leave and come back.

If you are at the boss, he isn't that tough and I could take him with like half SP on Joker and everyone else at like 75% or so. Level 10, on normal.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 13, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PirateBob posted:

Grind as much as you want as you have to leave the dungeon before you get a chance to fight him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

davidHalestorm posted:

I am at the third dungeon and nobody died but there are few scenes that me go holy poo poo. One of them being a dinner scene between Sae and Makoto.

Make a duplicate save and intentionally let the time limit for that Palace expire. Its scene is... very memorable.