Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

whaley posted:

vanquish 2

Oh god please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Vanquish probably coming to PC tho!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hate shooters but vanquish is loving dope

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Vanquish is the balls. I stumbled on it without knowing much about it. A non-stop badass ride.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Norns posted:

I hate shooters but vanquish is loving dope

Probably because the best way to play Vanquish is to NOT play it like it's a standard cover shooter, and boost around on your knees, backflipping off of robots and slow-motion shooting them in the face.

Vanquish is awesome.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I love my Switch, but I couldn't justify getting Jack Box Party Pack 3 for $25 when it was on sale for PSN for $8 the other week.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TerraGoetia posted:

I would kill for a YouTube filter that silences all commentary during gameplay.

Wow that sounds amazing lol

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Just played the first level of Mr. Shifty. I like it so far. In Hotline Miami I found it fun to stick to melee weapons wherever I could so this game is right up my alley.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beastie posted:

Vanquish is the balls. I stumbled on it without knowing much about it. A non-stop badass ride.

See, I read this as "vanquish is balls" at first

Amazing how important an article can be

RME
Feb 20, 2012

vanquish my balls

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

grand theft grotto posted:

Just played the first level of Mr. Shifty. I like it so far. In Hotline Miami I found it fun to stick to melee weapons wherever I could so this game is right up my alley.

Same. It's downloading now. I only play Hotline Miami for the first time about a month ago and I loved it.

Too bad coworkers are going out for lunch, I was hoping to play it during my break.

Long weekend! I'll be traveling around visiting my family and the lady's. Going to enjoy toting my Switch with me for downtime.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 13, 2017

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i want a switch but have not been able to get one so far. Does this site actually work http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

People have reported great success with https://brickseak.com.

Give that a shot.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
Jackbox Party Pack 3 is up on the eShop

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Anybody know how big the install of Mr Shifty is?

Or Jackbox, for that matter?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TerraGoetia posted:

I would kill for a YouTube filter that silences all commentary during gameplay.

">obnoxious 20 second intro

Heeeey guys it's Douchey McMillenial with anotherrrr video game tip video. Don't forget to like comment and subscribe for more great videos."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

">obnoxious 20 second intro

Heeeey guys it's Douchey McMillenial with anotherrrr video game tip video. Don't forget to like comment and subscribe for more great videos."

I just saw a prominent YouTuber yesterday complaining that YouTube's algorithm discriminates against videos with intros (his is like 45 seconds) just because people stop watching during the intros.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I did it, I beat Isaac after 100 hours. And by "beat" I mean I killed Mega Satan and Delirium with one character. There's still a ton to do (half of the challenges, greed mode, clears with the other characters, and ending 19 however you get that) but I think I need a break. I'm pretty sure I've seen all of the bosses now, and the endgame ones are making me fiend for some Neogeo bullet hell games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So the Mario Kart 8 bundle is exclusive to Russia and Nintendo has "no plans" to release it outside of Russia.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The rainbow road box is a protest against Russia LGBT discrimination laws.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I love that dumb gently caress YouTube people think anyone gives a poo poo about the plight of the youtubeman. The one guy whose videos I enjoyed checking out (dunkey) was mad at yooka-laylee for deleting the Nazi youtube guy from their game for children. Your job is a joke my dude. Shut up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
as a youtubeman i am very offended, and furthermore

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Stan Taylor posted:

I love that dumb gently caress YouTube people think anyone gives a poo poo about the plight of the youtubeman. The one guy whose videos I enjoyed checking out (dunkey) was mad at yooka-laylee for deleting the Nazi youtube guy from their game for children. Your job is a joke my dude. Shut up.

wait, he was mad about that, for real? i watched the yooka laylee vid he made and it just looked like he was taking the piss out of the nazi gamer celeb with the jinjos living with their coloured jinjos from banjo.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 13, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stan Taylor posted:

Yeah that was a weird aside. Though I wouldn't characterize him as mad, just perplexed as to why they made a whole show of it. (The answer to that is everyone was tweeting the question at them and this is PR101, put out the fire quickly and visibly)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

eonwe posted:

as a youtubeman i am very offended, and furthermore

Listen if I want a simple "how do I do/find/solve x" and your video is like 10 seconds long and answers directly, day 1 preorder subscribe.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

parallelodad posted:

I just saw a prominent YouTuber yesterday complaining that YouTube's algorithm discriminates against videos with intros (his is like 45 seconds) just because people stop watching during the intros.

i love that the first reaction, instead of not having a lovely 45 second intro, is to complain about it

Stan Taylor posted:

i know at least 3 people that are all like "yeah i'll just start doing let's plays for a living it looks like easy money"

:allears:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is there a thread discussing YouTube anywhere as a site instead of a "Post videos" thread? I haven't seen one but would be very interested in reading and posting in such a thread.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

thanks, Trump.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah I was a little disappointed because there was the entire jontron setup for a jpeg punchline. Felt like dunkey didn't want to touch that poop.

I'm going to drop by Wal Mart in like an hour. If they have a switch I am pretty sure I'm going to pick it up with Zelda.

I am going to sell it next month, though, after draining Link's balls of all of their open-world energy. It shouldn't be hard to find a buyer after e3

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Listen if I want a simple "how do I do/find/solve x" and your video is like 10 seconds long and answers directly, day 1 preorder subscribe.

Yep, I don't want 10 minutes of bullshit when the whole solution can be reasonably explained in under 2 minutes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

thanks, Trump.

I'm just glad I got Zelda before the world economy collapses and we nuke Japan because Trump can't read a map.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i love that the first reaction, instead of not having a lovely 45 second intro, is to complain about it

i know at least 3 people that are all like "yeah i'll just start doing let's plays for a living it looks like easy money"

The important thing in Let's Plays is to decide what niche hill you're going to die on. Not everybody can destroy their Youtube career with a racism scandal. It's important to be creative, like subtly hinting that you believe in homeopathic medicine, and then later trying to outright sell it in the middle of part 39 of Super Mario Odyssey.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Penpal posted:

Yeah I was a little disappointed because there was the entire jontron setup for a jpeg punchline. Felt like dunkey didn't want to touch that poop.

I'm going to drop by Wal Mart in like an hour. If they have a switch I am pretty sure I'm going to pick it up with Zelda.

I am going to sell it next month, though, after draining Link's balls of all of their open-world energy. It shouldn't be hard to find a buyer after e3

Admittedly "Everyone turned on Jontron because he doesn't like the new Zelda" was a pretty good swerve and a funny punchline.

My favorite YouTuber is Scykoh because his intro is a half second logo and he doesn't swear at all so my kid can watch.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I was a little confused as to what voice acting they cut since all the characters speak in Tim Allen grunts.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Yeah my friend got a webcam and streams on twitch but like doesn't do anything interesting and somehow expects he'll get some people to watch him or something? You have to put in a lot of effort and then get extremely lucky to turn a profit, but at the end of the day your job is still a loving joke and your opinions have less than no value.

Also with Arms I don't think I've seen anyone talking about the different stages. They look like they will actually affect gameplay and look pretty cool. I think there was a digital looking level that had chunks raise and lower during the match? Hell yeah that's my poo poo.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Holy loly I thought I was good at tetris, and the Puyo demo AI is teaching me otherwise.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tatsuta Age posted:

I agree with this re: NEW games, but I could see them doing another remaster series of the older games on switch

They should make a new one set in the Red/Blue/Gold/Silver area but have it be years later so they can justify having lots of Pokémon. I kind of feel bad for Game Freak, they just made all the 3D Pokémon models again and the series is going to get moved to a much more powerful system.

Edit: I'm excited about yesterday's direct showing Garou Mark of the Wolves.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 13, 2017

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Deviant posted:

Holy loly I thought I was good at tetris, and the Puyo demo AI is teaching me otherwise.

i didnt think i was good or anything but ive been having to play on super easy lol

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Spacebump posted:

They should make a new one set in the Red/Blue/Gold/Silver area but have it be years later so they can justify having lots of Pokémon. I kind of feel bad for Game Freak, they just made all the 3D Pokémon models again and the series is going to get moved to a much more powerful system.

Edit: I'm excited about yesterday's direct showing Garou Mark of the Wolves.

People running Pokemon Moon on emulator at a higher rendered resolution looks good so just a 720p version on Switch would probably look great without graphical changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

Hammer Bro. posted:

Anybody know how big the install of Mr Shifty is?

Or Jackbox, for that matter?

According to the Data Management tool, Jackbox is 1.5 GB

CoasterMaster fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 13, 2017

• Locked thread