Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Junkie Disease posted:

https://youtu.be/46PrLp7UzJk
Still ps4 an 3ds only, what a weird loving game

Wasn't it previously announced to be on Switch too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

SeANMcBAY posted:

Wasn't it previously announced to be on Switch too?

Don't think so

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It was, it was like one of two games announced for the Nintendo NX

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This, not the MMORPG?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Junkie Disease posted:

This, not the MMORPG?

I think both 10 and 11 were supposed to be on Switch.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

This looks real drat dull. I'm hoping the weird 2d 3ds version fares better, but this is blue dragon all over again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a Dragon Quest game, the most safe, boring JRPGs on the planet

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

They could have at least tried

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They've barely changed since they were on the NES, the PS4 version is the biggest departure in years (apart from the MMO).

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

we won't hear anything about it until E3 most likely

I guess they need something to pad the presentation out given they won't have any actual games to show

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a Dragon Quest game, the most safe, boring JRPGs on the planet

Actually Dragon Quest games are cool and good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DQ seems like the kinda series that it's fanbase holds back from being something greater.

EDIT: I want Rocket Slime Switch.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 11, 2017

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

DQ seems like the kinda series that it's fanbase holds back from being something greater.

EDIT: I want Rocket Slime Switch.

There is no way SE didn't fire that team for making a great game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Junkie Disease posted:

This looks real drat dull. I'm hoping the weird 2d 3ds version fares better, but this is blue dragon all over again

Dragon Quest is cool.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Junkie Disease posted:

Rocket Slime was so good. I'd love a team-based version, the core battle mechanics make way more sense for a team game than a solo/1v1 game.

edit: for something vaguely similar with teams there's always Regular Human Basketball on PC, for free even and with up to 10 players - https://powerhoof.itch.io/regular-human-basketball

edit2: also RHB is made by the Crawl guys

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Meldonox posted:

Here's hoping we get Rusty's Real Deal Baseball 2 for the Nontendo Swatch.

this would absolutely be a system seller for me

Rusty's Real Deal owned hard

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I apologize but when does the E-shop update for NA? I want to get Mr, Shifty on Switch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

Rocket Slime was the second game in the franchise and it also had a sequel. They were not localized because Rocket Slime didn't sell well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry SE are Saturday morning cartoon villians who fire anyone the second they look like making a good game.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Box of Bunnies posted:

I guess they need something to pad the presentation out given they won't have any actual games to show

The feeling I get is that most switch early adopters with that horrible "nostalgia" disease would be more hyped about Gamecube VC games on the switch than, say, ARMS

But that might be giving nintendo too much credit and E3 is actually going to be announcing Wonderful 102

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ImpAtom posted:

They were not localized because Rocket Slime didn't sell well.

Americans don't deserve video games.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Speaking of Dragon Quest, is anyone else not able to get bonus items in DQ8? It just quits as soon as it tries to connect to the internet. Resetting the game and the 3DS didn't help. I gotta get my lovely gimmick equipment, baby

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Beastie posted:

I apologize but when does the E-shop update for NA? I want to get Mr, Shifty on Switch.
It updates at noon Eastern, so 30 minutes after you posted.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I wish i didn't sell my copy of rocket slime.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is out today on Switch. Anyone grabbing it?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Evil Eagle posted:

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is out today on Switch. Anyone grabbing it?

Once the shop updates, I know I am!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It's out in Europe.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Seeing how this is kinda-sorta the defacto Nintendo console thread;

Ausgoons, if you haven't played Star Fox Zero and want to get it cheap, Target is dumping their stock for all of $9AU. You might have to go store-hunting for it though.

They're also dumping out their stock of Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival for the same price.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seeing how this is kinda-sorta the defacto Nintendo console thread;

Ausgoons, if you haven't played Star Fox Zero and want to get it cheap, Target is dumping their stock for all of $9AU. You might have to go store-hunting for it though.

They're also dumping out their stock of Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival for the same price.

thanks for the hot tip! i will investigate this after work

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Here's today's eShop Drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Over Top | NA | PAL ($7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99)
Kamiko | NA | PAL ($4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99)
:siren: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28) :siren: | NA | PAL | Thread | Friend Codes ($59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (April 25 [NA] / April 27 [PAL]) | NA | PAL ($29.99 / £34.99 / €39.99)

WiiU
Use Your Words | NA | PAL ($14.99 / £? / €?)

New Nintendo 3DS
Ascent of Kings (April 13 [NA] / April 27 [PAL]) | NA | PAL ($1.99 / £1.99 / €2.25)

Ascent of Kings is New 3DS only, it was released a few weeks ago in NA but is just dropping in PAL regions now. 2 big Switch games this week, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! Friend Code spreadsheet is linked above, as is the thread.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 27, 2017

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
drat you, Picross 3D R2.. What the hell am I supposed to play now?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Weep for there are no more worlds to conquer.

Or go back and play the first game if you haven't yet. I'm doing it now and it's good but doesn't grip me the same way 2 did.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Regy Rusty posted:

Weep for there are no more worlds to conquer.

Or go back and play the first game if you haven't yet. I'm doing it now and it's good but doesn't grip me the same way 2 did.

I've already 100%'d the first one :(

In some ways I still prefer the first game.. The animations for each completed puzzle are charming and really give the game a weird sort of character. It's also mechanically simple enough to get into a real groove and enjoy with an audiobook or podcast.

With Round 2, I did eventually come to appreciate the challenge and get pretty quick, but the music sucks and the controls are just awkward enough to put some friction on being in the zone.

I would seriously buy a Switch for a Round 3 that supports puzzle creation/exchange like the first game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like the controls in 2 better. Little things in 1 like having to break the 0 blocks manually and not being able to break a line of blocks by swiping have never stopped bothering me. Plus I don't like the harsher time limits on some of the puzzles.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

techknight posted:

I've already 100%'d the first one :(

In some ways I still prefer the first game.. The animations for each completed puzzle are charming and really give the game a weird sort of character. It's also mechanically simple enough to get into a real groove and enjoy with an audiobook or podcast.

With Round 2, I did eventually come to appreciate the challenge and get pretty quick, but the music sucks and the controls are just awkward enough to put some friction on being in the zone.

I would seriously buy a Switch for a Round 3 that supports puzzle creation/exchange like the first game.

Wait, I don't own Round 2 but is the music somehow worse than the first one? Because I love Picross 3D but the music is just terrible.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Picross doesn't really need good music because it's the perfect game to play when you're listening to a podcast or something

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The music is equally awful in both imo I always just listen to something else

Help Im Alive posted:

Picross doesn't really need good music because it's the perfect game to play when you're listening to a podcast or something

Yeah I made my way through the entirety of The Adventure Zone during Round 1.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The music is fantastic in Picross 3D 2 though?

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Dragon Quest is cool.

I need someone to bitch about Dragon Quest 7, with it's 70+ hour completion requirment.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Kamiko totally has me sitting on a fence. It's really good and polished and fun, but it's so short. It's also only $5 though. I had a good time, but I beat the game with all three characters in under 3 hours. Then again, the characters all play very differently, but the "puzzles" are the same each playthrough.

Basically, I'd say it's worth $5, but you might end up as confused as I am on how to feel about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Put it this way.

If you spent $5 at an arcade, would you get 3 hours worth of playtime? Not likely.

Good value for money spent I reckon.