Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Drop Granderson for Margot yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

So Bregman and Bautista both got dropped, and I have the number 1 waiver. leaning towards Bautista, yeah?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Matt Bush is a good stash for those of you looking for closers. Sam Dyson is a tire fire right now.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

So Bregman and Bautista both got dropped, and I have the number 1 waiver. leaning towards Bautista, yeah?

Are your 3B garbage

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ZenVulgarity posted:

Are your 3B garbage

Yeah that's a needs-based call.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Are your 3B garbage

I've got Longo at 3B there now. Here's my roster:

C: Schwarber
1B: Rizzo
2B: Villar
3B: Longoria
SS: Story
OF: Trea Turner
OF: McCutchen
OF: Piscotty
UTIL: Broxton
UTIL: Diaz
BN: Grichuk
BN: Owings
BN: Brantley

SP: Carrasco, Martinez, Sanchez, McCullers, Paxton, Happ, Urias
RP: Oh, Watson, Treinen, Holland

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Maybe tap the brakes on the Matt Bush train:

https://twitter.com/Evan_P_Grant/status/852192101521432576

I've got Longo at 3B there now. Here's my roster:

BN: Grichuk

If your league uses OBP in any way, I would take Bautista over Grichuk. Similar projected HR etc. counts, but Bautista's projected OBP is ~60 points higher.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 12, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Maybe tap the brakes on the Matt Bush train:

https://twitter.com/Evan_P_Grant/status/852192101521432576

If your league uses OBP in any way, I would take Bautista over Grichuk. Similar projected HR etc. counts, but Bautista's projected OBP is ~60 points higher.

This isn't my OBP league. I'm gonna claim Bautista but dunno who to drop (maybe Grichuk), and if I can find 2 drops I'll put in a claim for Bregman too.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Combo posted:

I don't think they signed cecil with the intent to have him as a closer fail safe option.

I think they signed Cecil because they don't trust Rosenthal in high leverage situations anymore

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I think they signed Cecil because the Cards collect relievers like Pokemon.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who is dropping Bregman and Bautista this early in the season? :psyduck:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
????????
Someone just gave up Cespedes to get Eickhoff in my league. What the heck.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Who is dropping Bregman and Bautista this early in the season? :psyduck:

an idiot, duh.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All my guys I drafted for HRs are doing jack poo poo and yet here I am getting two out of Inciarte who only hit 3 last year.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Benintendi was dropped in a league I'm in

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Thursday of week 2 and for my batters I have 5 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, and no SB. :smithicide:

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
Here's hoping Blake Snell has a very good season!

I want to grab a reliever who has the best chance to get saves: J. Wilson (DET), Dolittle, McGee, Bush (Tex), and Buchter (SD).
Help?!

Can of Cloud fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 13, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Can of Cloud posted:

Here's hoping Blake Snell has a very good season!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Benintendi was dropped in a league I'm in

I mean, he's a top prospect in a great lineup, but then again he's projected for 10 HR and 10 SB. Maybe that's the projection systems being conservative, IDK, is he supposed to have more power and speed than that?

I was a little surprised how early Benintendi went in my drafts.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

I mean, he's a top prospect in a great lineup, but then again he's projected for 10 HR and 10 SB. Maybe that's the projection systems being conservative, IDK, is he supposed to have more power and speed than that?

I didn't think so highly of Mookie. I had similar expectations for him (.300, 15/15) and then he exploded. Sometimes being a good contact hitter can produce some unexpected results.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Pussy Boss posted:

Razzball has him leaning towards 15 hr/20 sb which is still really good considering he's supposed to be a high contact guy. Probably better than a lot of junk out there.

On a side note I wish only Grey did whacky analysis and Razzball had some more solid writers. Everyone besides Grey seems to be Grey fanboys who desperately try to throw puns into every sentence.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

at this point i stick to podhorzer's. more in-depth than grey and writes concisely

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Moneyball posted:

I didn't think so highly of Mookie. I had similar expectations for him (.300, 15/15) and then he exploded. Sometimes being a good contact hitter can produce some unexpected results.

Margot may be case in point (early i know)

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

Margot may be case in point (early i know)

He does seem a lot like Benintendi and Mookie. Man, if the Red Sox had him, that would be a pretty good outfield.

Side note:
What the hell is up with terrible teams lighting up my streamers?

I just can't quit streaming Koehler then Atlanta comes alive, and today, Zimmerman gets lit up by the Twins. I understand pitching is always awful, but can I please catch a break against the worst teams?

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 13, 2017

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Wow, Darvish owned the Angels today. Hell yeah.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress you Gsellman.

Hello Severino...

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

gray just died

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

He does seem a lot like Benintendi and Mookie. Man, if the Red Sox had him, that would be a pretty good outfield.

Side note:
What the hell is up with terrible teams lighting up my streamers?

I just can't quit streaming Koehler then Atlanta comes alive, and today, Zimmerman gets lit up by the Twins. I understand pitching is always awful, but can I please catch a break against the worst teams?

To be fair that's sort of your own fault on Zimmerman

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Inciarte is leading my team in HRs when I took him as my second to last pick for cheap steals

Doltos fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 15, 2017

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That flyer on Eric Thames in the 3rd to last round is working out just beautifully

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Holy poo poo what happened to Verlander today?

Also when am I allowed to start getting really worried about Quintana?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

The Indians light him up.

And I'm worrying.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream posted:

Who is the better pick up h2h points, Ozuna or Margot?

I picked up both :grin:

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

So I kind of want to try this stuff and have no idea what I'm doing, but I've obviously missed the beginning of the season. Is the strategy here just to join any random ESPN league and hope for the best?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

*ah-ahem* *clears throat*

gently caress PITCHING

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pitchers :shrug:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Also, if Thames is still available in your leagues, go grab him right the gently caress now. He looks legit, 5 HR already.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Has anyone noticed what James Paxton is doing??

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Doghouse posted:

Has anyone noticed what James Paxton is doing??

triple post hype sleeper who was still ST hyped id say yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

E4C85D38 posted:

So I kind of want to try this stuff and have no idea what I'm doing, but I've obviously missed the beginning of the season. Is the strategy here just to join any random ESPN league and hope for the best?

I would sign up for a Yahoo pro league for $20. If you join a free league of random people half the people will probably stop playing after a week.

• Locked thread