Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Tsugumomo COULD continue to be okay, even if it continues into later-manga territory, because the story doesn't actually require all the awful stuff. It could end up in the Maidragon "adaptation is better than the source" category ... if they care enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mirage posted:

Tsugumomo COULD continue to be okay, even if it continues into later-manga territory, because the story doesn't actually require all the awful stuff. It could end up in the Maidragon "adaptation is better than the source" category ... if they care enough.

Yeah, if there's a need to bail later on, then I'll bail later on, but for now I'm enjoying it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Nitrousoxide posted:

Why a glove on only one hand??????

the show has retarded outfits, don't let it bother you

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mirage posted:

eh, the two eps out already don't seem to indicate that. at most they'll obviously place censors but i think they're fully fine with just adapting all the fanservice bits too

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

bastard teacher is the best magic show this season, i think

also forget gloves - why do the uniforms expose midriff? why are the skirts done up like suspenders? I've never seen that in real life, even

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The second episode was okay up to the attempted rape scene, it's not getting a third from me.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

That's fair, but the bit immediately afterwards redeemed it IMHO.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

rincewind101 posted:

bastard teacher is the best magic show this season, i think

also forget gloves - why do the uniforms expose midriff? why are the skirts done up like suspenders? I've never seen that in real life, even

Because the creators like it, OP. Just like the outfits in Horizon.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 13, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Shows so far:

Alice and Zouroku: the bits where they take care of Alice are cute, the plot could potentially be decent but no way of knowing yet, I'm not a fan of the character design. I'll wait a couple more episodes before committing (which is going to depend on how high the ratio of SoL antics to plot is).

Re:Creators: very pretty, lead's boring as hell (by design, I'm fairly sure) but the actual characters are entertaining. Seems like it could be good, and I'll keep watching it.

Sakura Quest: I've not seen ep02 yet but the second half of episode 1 was funny. I might end up dropping it if I don't particularly care about this week's episode.

Rage of Bahamut s02: I've not seen s01 but so far that doesn't seem like an issue; the plot seems unrelated, from the synopsis I've read, but I still hope I won't need to go back and watch 12 episodes to make sense of this at some point. That aside, it looks good and has some very excellent goofy faces from Nina. I liked it and will keep watching.

SukaSuka: I wasn't expecting this to turn into dad anime, and I hope that's not a fakeout because the kids are cute. :3: I'll give it a few more episodes to see which direction it goes in.

Grimoire of Zero: the character design looks ultra-generic, and the whole artstyle doesn't particularly work given the setting it wants to be set in, I think. It did make me laugh a couple of times, but I'm checking out so many other shows that I might drop it anyway. Maybe one more episode if I'm feeling particularly bored when it airs.

ID-0: didn't like the mechanical design, characters or setting, and it looks much worse than Bubuki, so dropped before I even finished the first episode. :rip:

I still need to check out Tsuki ga Kirei, Fukumenkei Noise and Hinako Note.

e; Hinako Note: nothing about this really stands out as worth watching and the first episode was very boring. Dropped.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 14, 2017

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Shows so far:

Alice and Zouroku: the bits where they take care of Alice are cute, the plot could potentially be decent but no way of knowing yet, I'm not a fan of the character design. I'll wait a couple more episodes before committing (which is going to depend on how high the ratio of SoL antics to plot is).

Re:Creators: very pretty, lead's boring as hell (by design, I'm fairly sure) but the actual characters are entertaining. Seems like it could be good, and I'll keep watching it.

Sakura Quest: I've not seen ep02 yet but the second half of episode 1 was funny. I might end up dropping it if I don't particularly care about this week's episode.

Rage of Bahamut s02: I've not seen s01 but so far that doesn't seem like an issue; the plot seems unrelated, from the synopsis I've read, but I still hope I won't need to go back and watch 12 episodes to make sense of this at some point. That aside, it looks good and has some very excellent goofy faces from Nina. I liked it and will keep watching.

SukaSuka: I wasn't expecting this to turn into dad anime, and I hope that's not a fakeout because the kids are cute. :3: I'll give it a few more episodes to see which direction it goes in.

Grimoire of Zero: the character design looks ultra-generic, and the whole artstyle doesn't particularly work given the setting it wants to be set in, I think. It did make me laugh a couple of times, but I'm checking out so many other shows that I might drop it anyway. Maybe one more episode if I'm feeling particularly bored when it airs.

ID-0: didn't like the mechanical design, characters or setting, and it looks much worse than Bubuki, so dropped before I even finished the first episode. :rip:

I still need to check out Tsuki ga Kirei, Fukumenkei Noise and Hinako Note.

You should watch Bahamut s1 anyway because it's good

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

You should watch Bahamut s1 anyway because it's good

I don't have the time! Otherwise I would. :(

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Not a whole lot of new stuff is sticking out to me this season. I don't think there's any series that's not a second season which is really catching my eye so far. I've never seen Rage of Bahamut, so maybe I'll watch that, but it's also a second season.

Boku no Hero, Little Witch, and Eccentric Family (also haven't seen the first season) i'll probably watch, but everything else seems kinda meh.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Not a whole lot of new stuff is sticking out to me this season. I don't think there's any series that's not a second season which is really catching my eye so far. I've never seen Rage of Bahamut, so maybe I'll watch that, but it's also a second season.

Boku no Hero, Little Witch, and Eccentric Family (also haven't seen the first season) i'll probably watch, but everything else seems kinda meh.

watch the first season of eccentric family first

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's all up to individual preferences here. I like the mecha designs being so funky since it gives them a little personality. I think that was reflected in their use of body language (particularly with Maya's yellow robot). The setting is also a plus for me because I am getting tired of Gundam-style endless space wars, so something with more room for adventure seems nice and the mind transfer concept helps to spice things up.

The biggest contrast with Bubuki Buranki is that the human characters are less important right now, so there's no need to showcase a broad range of cartoon-style expressions, but I don't see any technological differences in the rest of the 3D. Too early for snap judgments about the cast, in my opinion, but I liked that the pirates had decent camaraderie (no silly rivalries between them) and were kind enough towards Maya. Based on the framing and the newest PV, I think there is going to be a fair amount of actual character development for Maya and Id as an absolute minimum.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I hope all the characters are in robot mode as much as possible, I hated how the humans moved in Bubuki.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu--KuTeLok

this is the va of koharun from tesagure bukatsumono right?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
KADO seems pretty interesting, but the two episodes that are out are pretty much all setup, so I guess the next one will be the one to judge the show.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Tsuki ga Kirei continues to be wonderfully simple and down to earth romance/drama about totally normal school kids.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

RottenK posted:

KADO seems pretty interesting, but the two episodes that are out are pretty much all setup, so I guess the next one will be the one to judge the show.

I judged it on the one: boring and ugly.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there was nothing ugly in kado

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/852653257600192513

:f5:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The girl in FAGirls is surprising three-dimensional. The robots are actually pretty well-developed too. They all stick to their "type" which makes sense as they are robots, but the scene where they were all laughing at Ao's poetry established a sort of baseline normalcy that I wasn't expecting, they don't just stick to "I am the kuudere one, I am always a kuudere" like you'd expect from this sort of show. And Ao is more complex than them because she's an actual human who has been alive. I'm not saying FAGirls is like, a masterclass of character writing, but more than zero thought went into it. Which is a pleasant surprise

Shame about the horrible fights and occasional creepyness tho

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/Disco_Brando/status/852249447547326464

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Just came back from seeing Kimi no na wa. It was amazing.

This season I'm watching Re:Creators, Attack on Titan S2, and hopefully Rage of Bahamut S2. The R:C thread sold me on the first one and I went back to watch RoB S1 based on what everyone was saying here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu--KuTeLok

this is the va of koharun from tesagure bukatsumono right?

Sounds like Nep to me

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Sounds like Nep to me

English Nep top Nep.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

ID-0 is.... interesting. It's all CG, right? But it doesn't make my eyes bleed so I'm content to keep watching. Curious if geology will really matter much in this show or if they'll drop that angle, but eh. The ED is charmingly old sounding.

Why would you want pain sensors in your space robot?

Grimoire of Zero is fine so far. Zero herself seems like the best character. Catman casually killing dudes right before being shown as a bullied kid was a bit of tonal whiplash, I thought? But that's how you establish character I guess.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

rincewind101 posted:

ID-0 is.... interesting. It's all CG, right? But it doesn't make my eyes bleed so I'm content to keep watching. Curious if geology will really matter much in this show or if they'll drop that angle, but eh. The ED is charmingly old sounding.

Why would you want pain sensors in your space robot?

Grimoire of Zero is fine so far. Zero herself seems like the best character. Catman casually killing dudes right before being shown as a bullied kid was a bit of tonal whiplash, I thought? But that's how you establish character I guess.

ID-0: so your space robot can tell you what's been harmed/broken in its systems, I assume.

Zero: It reminded me of Inuyasha in a charming way. Here's a kid who's been bullied all of his life, with the bullying just getting worse to the point of armed bandits trying to kill him everywhere he goes that...it made sense? And it helped ground him as a character, remind you that he's as human as a tigerman can be. He can kill, but he didn't start out that callous.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I started watching MHA this morning, now I've on the second season and it's not even noon yet :stare:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

I started watching MHA this morning, now I've on the second season and it's not even noon yet :stare:

Yeah, MHA is really good, I'm really happy that we are getting a two cour second season, it should give them a chance to really flesh out some of the other students who are pretty great in general. Also more All Might. :getin:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

rincewind101 posted:

If punching people in the face with a fist named "character exposition" is how you do it, then sure.

About 50% of that first episode could have been trimmed out no problem. It spent a lot of time rehashing the same information as if concerned that its audience was too stupid to get it the first time, and made every piece of exposition as blatant as possible. That covers things like very overt characterization to people just constantly telling us the things we need to know, or already knew.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I judged it on the one: boring and ugly.

it wasn't boring to me :(

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its good

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Really liking KADO so far. The CG is good and I hardly even notice its done in CG after a while. The story is also really cool so far.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I had completely forgotten the Bahamut OP was engrish screamo until season 2s OP reminded me

People always say black or white but the world is so GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hahaha

https://twitter.com/B0bduh/status/852959626924441600

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Reported

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Hinako Note might not survive the season for me. The first half of the episode with Hina's mom was funny, but the rest of it just dragged forever, and the fan service scenes (Hina lying on her bed looking at her cell phone, the camera pointed at her rear end while she kicks her legs and jiggles it) really throw me out of the tone of the show.

Plus, the "I'm always hungry" girl is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I was okay with the first ep being as slow as it was but it's gonna need to up the energy levels pretty quick if I'm gonna keep watching.

• Locked thread