Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Yeah, but I bought a .58 caliber rifle, so there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
"this is what it sounds like when fudds cry"

:golfclap:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

It's me, I am the thread title. :suicide:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That is by far the best box or box-ish thread I've ever read in TFR.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Rat, did you use RIT dye for your stocks?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Yup, RIT and electrical tape for the stencil areas.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I knew from the second that I'd go to the US for a brief and late marketing degree at my age, that I'd have to insulate myself personally from legit loving morons personally, and I've managed to do so mostly for the last two years while getting by and still "hanging out" socially, but there have always been a few lines that I've drawn where I've cut off personal acquaintances with no second thought or discussion.

The most egregious lines were obviously violent crimes or sexual assault or tolerance/downplaying thereof, which - holy loving lol that this is a thing said in the year of our lord 2017 - is still perfectly common in US colleges, but one of the most common things I've come across that I've just straight-up severed contact over repeatedly is drinking and driving.

Both the proliferation of drinking and driving, as well as its tolerance in Flagstaff, is absolutely loving disgusting, and I'm assuming this is goes for the majority of college towns. I've never - in my thirty-four years of existence - experienced either the frequency of people driving drunk/excusing driving drunk, or the audacity related to it.

People are legit loving offended when you suggest their 120-pound rear end shouldn't be operating a vehicle in traffic after "only two blue moons and a shot". Same with people my size when they can barely formulate a loving syllable anymore. "I'm 240 pounds, there is literally no limit for me to drive because I have Adeptus loving Astartes metabolism lol".

My dumb lovely country has problems and issues aplenty, and I'm not gonna stand here and pretend there's no drunk driving back home, but holy loving poo poo, the way that drinking and driving here is tolerated - despite the obvious loving consequences both in life and law - disgusts me to no end.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It's not tolerated, there are just an abnormal number of retards who think they're special and just haven't been caught yet. We're not all that awful, I promise.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Naked Bear posted:

It's not tolerated, there are just an abnormal number of retards who think they're special and just haven't been caught yet. We're not all that awful, I promise.

As someone who has threatened with physical violence and subsequently followed up on said promise for people trying to drive while drunk, this. That and fingerfucking your phone while in control of multiple tons of metal and plastic traveling at high speed are two things I will go absolutely loving ballistic over.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I grew up in Wisconsin, drunk driving was pretty tolerated there - from the court system on down. In fact, getting blasted at bars was kind of expected in some ways

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How else can I brag about how I got home while too drunk to even remember the drive?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Growing up in New Orleans the culture of the city was pretty tolerant of drunk driving, or atleast driving after having a few drinks. You pretty much always assumed that everyone around you on the road was a danger.

My DUI is something I'm pretty ashamed of.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Boon posted:

I grew up in Wisconsin, drunk driving was pretty tolerated there - from the court system on down. In fact, getting blasted at bars was kind of expected in some ways

I mean, straight roads everywhere, no real danger of hitting a mountain or even trees. I can see why

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
"Whoo, jeez, I really shouldn't have driven home last night...ha ha...amirite guys?"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Nice. I literally have no use for any but man would half of those just be fun to own.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I knew from the second that I'd go to the US for a brief and late marketing degree at my age, that I'd have to insulate myself personally from legit loving morons personally, and I've managed to do so mostly for the last two years while getting by and still "hanging out" socially, but there have always been a few lines that I've drawn where I've cut off personal acquaintances with no second thought or discussion.

The most egregious lines were obviously violent crimes or sexual assault or tolerance/downplaying thereof, which - holy loving lol that this is a thing said in the year of our lord 2017 - is still perfectly common in US colleges, but one of the most common things I've come across that I've just straight-up severed contact over repeatedly is drinking and driving.

Both the proliferation of drinking and driving, as well as its tolerance in Flagstaff, is absolutely loving disgusting, and I'm assuming this is goes for the majority of college towns. I've never - in my thirty-four years of existence - experienced either the frequency of people driving drunk/excusing driving drunk, or the audacity related to it.

People are legit loving offended when you suggest their 120-pound rear end shouldn't be operating a vehicle in traffic after "only two blue moons and a shot". Same with people my size when they can barely formulate a loving syllable anymore. "I'm 240 pounds, there is literally no limit for me to drive because I have Adeptus loving Astartes metabolism lol".

My dumb lovely country has problems and issues aplenty, and I'm not gonna stand here and pretend there's no drunk driving back home, but holy loving poo poo, the way that drinking and driving here is tolerated - despite the obvious loving consequences both in life and law - disgusts me to no end.

You live in Flagstaff? I love that place. My Grandpa used to be a professor at NAU.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

It took me until the MP5 to get it.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

I'm graduating in a month :stare:

:same:

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

at the date posted:

It took me until the MP5 to get it.

what exactly did you "get"?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Well it certainly wasn't reservations at Dorsia.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is that Ivana Trump?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This morning, I had a gazillion "x reacted to your comment on y's video" notifications, but the related post had been removed before I woke up. Another friend of mine just texted me "duuuuuude" and then put together the pieces while laughing.

Apparently, I commented "Do you not have black folks in your club?" on a friend's video of her sorority competing in some dumb dance even while hammered yesterday. Turns out her sorority sisters didn't take kindly and shat on my comment because it was so insensitive or something. Since the post was public, someone that looked to pour gasoline on the fire then shared the post in some NAU-wide social media group for shits n giggles, which kicked off a shitstorm from the local SJW crowd. At some point, my "friend" seemed to have gotten spooked and removed the post because it was getting too much traction with people that disagreed with her sorority.

She's now no longer my Facebook friend :(

Realtalk though, how hard is it to have a single black person in your sorority? I feel like following up on their Facebook page. loving white girls :confuoot:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This morning, I had a gazillion "x reacted to your comment on y's video" notifications, but the related post had been removed before I woke up. Another friend of mine just texted me "duuuuuude" and then put together the pieces while laughing.

Apparently, I commented "Do you not have black folks in your club?" on a friend's video of her sorority competing in some dumb dance even while hammered yesterday. Turns out her sorority sisters didn't take kindly and shat on my comment because it was so insensitive or something. Since the post was public, someone that looked to pour gasoline on the fire then shared the post in some NAU-wide social media group for shits n giggles, which kicked off a shitstorm from the local SJW crowd. At some point, my "friend" seemed to have gotten spooked and removed the post because it was getting too much traction with people that disagreed with her sorority.

She's now no longer my Facebook friend :(

Realtalk though, how hard is it to have a single black person in your sorority? I feel like following up on their Facebook page. loving white girls :confuoot:

Mr. Pappy: Two tablespoons of machine oil can contaminate an entire ship's fresh water supply.

my brother's frat had one black guy, something like Melvin Arthur Woodrow III

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Another friend of hers is now trying to "put it into context". Part of the explanation is that "people" just generally tend to associate with one another, no one is actually forbidding anyone from joining specific frats or sororities. Discrimination is totally illegal by "greek life carta" or something.

:lol: at both that explanation and "greek life" in general.

What a dumb loving term.

/ninja edit:

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. A human being I know just showed up on my doorstep to "put into context" how there are sororities everywhere in the US that don't have black people.

it's like a stdh.txt feverdream

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Another friend of hers is now trying to "put it into context". Part of the explanation is that "people" just generally tend to associate with one another, no one is actually forbidding anyone from joining specific frats or sororities. Discrimination is totally illegal by "greek life carta" or something.

:lol: at both that explanation and "greek life" in general.

What a dumb loving term.

I can't not associate "greek life" with buttfucking

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Now that I've googled "greek life" for the first time, I can't believe how deep the rabbit hole goes. I mean, I knew frats had dumb rules and dumb symbolism, and used greek letters, but holy poo poo, there's a "Panhellenic Council".

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If they're so greek, I feel like I should tell them how they should run their finances and maybe cut their partying budget.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Anyone who stays involved with their greek organization 5 or more years after graduating should be embarrassed for themselves. It's the bro rape equivalent of telling basic training stories in a VFW.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I used to work near a brothel and there was a noticeably sized sign outside that said "NO GREEK STYLE" so welp that's my Greek life story.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Man just say no butt stuff

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeris posted:

Anyone who stays involved with their greek organization 5 or more years after graduating should be embarrassed for themselves. It's the bro rape equivalent of telling basic training stories in a VFW.
One of my underlings is up to 8 years after graduation with his. He got really mad when my states reason for not joining a frat was that I'm not into binge drinking and rape.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Casimir Radon posted:

One of my underlings is up to 8 years after graduation with his. He got really mad when my states reason for not joining a frat was that I'm not into binge drinking and rape.

you really loving owned him bro. thats probably why hes so mad.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

The VFW helped with my my disability paperwork, but that was an office in a federal building. Do they have elk lodges or something too?

timma85
Feb 13, 2006

App13 posted:

The VFW helped with my my disability paperwork, but that was an office in a federal building. Do they have elk lodges or something too?

Yea find your local VFW post It's been a while since I've been in a VFW post but their pretty good if you want some cheap beer.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Survived another semester. Time to start summer class in less than a month. Hurry and give me my GI bill money!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i still have like 3 weeks until summer break i can't wait I don't even care about the money i just want to be not surrounded by a bunch of legit misfit geek motherfuckers

i mean i'm a misfit geek motherfucker too but I carry it well

App13
Dec 31, 2011

My school is holding my free FAFSA money hostage until the VA pays the bill. I wish the VA would just pay the bill already.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My school puts my fafsa money into my student account regardless if my tuition has been paid. But the VA pays the full tuition and not what my student account says so eventually I get a fat check written to me by the school.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I'm in exactly the same boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
im still waiting for ebenifits to approve my gi bill application.