Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

JackMack posted:

I toxxed too. For what has become known as "the vagina monster" by my wife.

Take the knot! Take it!

Also Lord T fantastic pics.

You've been added to the post

Brokenrecordtalk, I already had you.

E: actually, JackMack was already there too. Jeez, you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I did go and check page 160 however it was the Haiku competition and I got distracted. Sorry.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
What a whirlwind of failure

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TTerrible posted:

What a whirlwind of failure

Actually the Scorpius is great.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Cheat mode engaged

E: now I need to assemble 6 more bikes and poo poo tonne more dudes and 4 storm eagle/fire raptor flyers :negative:

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 12, 2017

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I still haven't decided which primarch to paint :pcgaming:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Endman posted:

I still haven't decided which primarch to paint :pcgaming:

Paint Alpharius, my dude (all of them).

I didnt brush off these models before spraying so some of them are hairy :cripes:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Good to hear pube legion is a go

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

adamantium|wang posted:

Good to hear pube legion is a go

Well, they are Emperor's Children.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Just make sure you boil your crabs before you stick them on the base otherwise they'll stink after a while

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JBP posted:

4 storm eagle/fire raptor flyers

There are much easier ways to punish yourself.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
:rip: on 4 storm eagles, I longed for the sweet release of death after one.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So I've got a deimos rhino here. Because of the way the combi-bolter is actually 2 boltguns on two different cupolas, it makes it pretty hard to put pintle weapons on it. The legion pintle weapon set might come with 5 pintle weapons, but it only comes with cupolas for one rhino. Should I just buy some 40k storm bolter cupolas off ebay and rig up multimeltas on top somehow, or is there a better option?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

chutche2 posted:

So I've got a deimos rhino here. Because of the way the combi-bolter is actually 2 boltguns on two different cupolas, it makes it pretty hard to put pintle weapons on it. The legion pintle weapon set might come with 5 pintle weapons, but it only comes with cupolas for one rhino. Should I just buy some 40k storm bolter cupolas off ebay and rig up multimeltas on top somehow, or is there a better option?

Hmm. I don't have an answer for you, but it's weird no one brought this up before. Not sure I've seen a deimos with a pintle weapon on it. A quick google images search shows people putting 40k rhino cupolas on it, like you suggest:

I'm not sure I'd spend the points on kitting out rhinos. I seem to always prefer using those points to kit out characters.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

chutche2 posted:

The hatch on the right takes the two boltguns so you keep your twin linked bolter.

Or am I not understand what you mean?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yes. But the pintle kit comes with enough hatches for one vehicle, while coming with a shitton of pintle weapons.

I don't want to pay 10 pounds per rhino just for a set of hatches, because of it inexplicably saying you have enough pintle weapons for 5 vehicles but being unable to actually mount them to anything without the hatches.

For 15 points each to give my rhinos BS4 multimeltas, I'm more than willing to spend those points. I'm playing Hand of the Gorgon and am going to drown the opponent in vehicles, any shots going at these rhinos aren't going at real tanks.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

If your rhino is outflanking put a multi-melta on it. Otherwise it will die to something stupid turn 1

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Planning to have the vets and the plasma support squad outflank, while my tac squads deploy normally

Also taking a comm relay.

Might give the tac squad rhinos a combi-melta instead of the multimelta, that'd save 10 points each.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 13, 2017

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I put together a video covering Adepticon 2017, check it out if you didn't get enough from the bonus episode of the Badcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FH8VT9jN0M

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

chutche2 posted:

Yes. But the pintle kit comes with enough hatches for one vehicle, while coming with a shitton of pintle weapons.

I don't want to pay 10 pounds per rhino just for a set of hatches, because of it inexplicably saying you have enough pintle weapons for 5 vehicles but being unable to actually mount them to anything without the hatches

This isn't true. The pintle set comes with 5 little arm things to put the weapons on and it connects to the existing hatch on the rhino. Here's one of mine:

I've even played greenmarine with it! Lotta pintle misconceptions itt.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

tallkidwithglasses posted:

This isn't true. The pintle set comes with 5 little arm things to put the weapons on and it connects to the existing hatch on the rhino. Here's one of mine:

I've even played greenmarine with it! Lotta pintle misconceptions itt.

That's great and all but doesn't change the fact that the deimos comes with 2 cupolas with 1 bolter each, and it looks really loving dumb to then stick a multimelta in front of one of those 2 bolters. The pintle weapon set comes with exactly 1 cupola that is bare and 1 cupola that can carry a combi-bolter, in order to make it look right with a pintle weapon you have to either buy a new pintle set for each vehicle so you get more cupolas, or put on 40k cupolas with storm bolters to represent the combi bolter.

Like, they give you a picture of what's in it and that picture has been posted already, do you really think I don't know it comes with arms when they are there in the picture? The problem is not with the pintles, it is with the cupolas.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 13, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Ah I see, yeah it only comes with one hatch that replaces the twin linked bolters.

EDIT: You're getting pretty salty about this. Just buy a loving set per rhino, christ.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm looking at re-arming an Imperial Knight for 30k - what does the Questoris Battle Cannon and the Questoris Avenger Gatling Cannon look like? Are they just the 40k arms with different stats?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

TTerrible posted:

Ah I see, yeah it only comes with one hatch that replaces the twin linked bolters.

EDIT: You're getting pretty salty about this. Just buy a loving set per rhino, christ.

I'm getting salty because no one here can spend the ten seconds to read two sentences before deciding to respond with poo poo that is entirely irrelevant.

Greenmarine is the only one that read what I wrote and responded in a useful manner, and amazingly enough he was the first to respond. He has some pretty great reading comprehension skills.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The kit doesn't do what you want it to do. Stop poorhammering and buy a kit per rhino.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

TTerrible posted:

The kit doesn't do what you want it to do. Stop poorhammering and buy a kit per rhino.

I just don't like waste. Buying a kit per rhino would leave me with 20 or so unused pintle weapons that I can't really see myself ever using.

I'll go with my first instinct and just use 40k cupolas, Greenmarine said that's common.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 13, 2017

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
You can just put the pintle on an open hatch and then the bolter in the other cupola and it looks pretty good and everything is fine? I guess I just don't understand what the problem is.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

tallkidwithglasses posted:

You can just put the pintle on an open hatch and then the bolter in the other cupola and it looks pretty good and everything is fine? I guess I just don't understand what the problem is.

What do you mean by "the bolter in the other cupola"?

The standard deimos cupola won't accomodate a full combi-bolter, there's only room for 1 on each side. I'd have to do some really extensive modeling to let it fit both bolters on it, filling in the current peg hole, drilling two new ones, and expanding the slot for the magazines quite a bit.. And I don't want to just leave it as a single bolter on the side, I want the combi-bolter modeled on the rhino.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
It would also probably take less time to modify the existing hatches than it took to make any of the entirely too many posts there have been on the subject, so, you know, there's that.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

chutche2 posted:

I just don't like waste. Buying a kit per rhino would leave me with 20 or so unused pintle weapons that I can't really see myself ever using.

I'll go with my first instinct and just use 40k cupolas, Greenmarine said that's common.

So find (buy) other units to put the leftover pintle weapons on. This is the 30k thread, never not be buying more useless expensive resin toys.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

SRM posted:

I put together a video covering Adepticon 2017, check it out if you didn't get enough from the bonus episode of the Badcast:

This was great mate, really enjoyed it!

I've done a blog post about 30k at Warhammer World - goodbadgreenskin.tumblr.com

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

chutche2 posted:

What do you mean by "the bolter in the other cupola"?

The standard deimos cupola won't accomodate a full combi-bolter, there's only room for 1 on each side. I'd have to do some really extensive modeling to let it fit both bolters on it, filling in the current peg hole, drilling two new ones, and expanding the slot for the magazines quite a bit.. And I don't want to just leave it as a single bolter on the side, I want the combi-bolter modeled on the rhino.

Just say your legion found an ancient technology allowing a single, vehicle mounted bolter to fire as a combi-bolter.

loving hell.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Lobster God posted:

Just say your legion found an ancient technology allowing a single, vehicle mounted bolter to fire as a combi-bolter.

loving hell.

Or, I'll go with the thing I've said I'd do 2 or 3 times now and use 40k cupolas. Thanks, though.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Forge World hosed up one of my orders that had a few pintle weapon sets in it. It never appeared so I e-mailed them about a replacement. They shipped one out and the original order showed up a few days later, giving me double. I now have all the combi-bolters and multi-meltas I need. I grafted the multi-meltas to the blank cupola covers and I have my rhinos magnetized between the split combi-bolters and the single combi-bolters with multi-meltas. I have enough for 6 rhinos even though I only have three currently. :pcgaming:

Anyways, I had a ham dream last night. A package came in from Forge World with a loving warhound in it. I was sure I hadn't ordered one, but all the shipping/billing details checked out. I was confused and angry and wondering how this could have happened, knowing I can't really afford something like that right now. Then I opened up the box and saw that it had come with a broken, bent turbo laser and a mega bolter. I distinctly thought, "I wouldn't order a loving mega bolter, this couldn't have been me." I was trying to figure out how to send it back for a refund and to replace it with a glaive when I woke up.
:shepspends:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Safety Factor posted:

Forge World hosed up one of my orders that had a few pintle weapon sets in it. It never appeared so I e-mailed them about a replacement. They shipped one out and the original order showed up a few days later, giving me double. I now have all the combi-bolters and multi-meltas I need. I grafted the multi-meltas to the blank cupola covers and I have my rhinos magnetized between the split combi-bolters and the single combi-bolters with multi-meltas. I have enough for 6 rhinos even though I only have three currently. :pcgaming:

Oh? They seem like they slot in comfortably enough that they don't need magnetizing, other than having the pintle magnetized to come off if it's attached direct to the hull.

SRM posted:

Really cool to see some of the poo poo described in the podcast, like the EC army.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
check your cupola privileges itt

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

Oh? They seem like they slot in comfortably enough that they don't need magnetizing, other than having the pintle magnetized to come off if it's attached direct to the hull.
Just because I magnetize something doesn't mean they actually need to be magnetized. :v: What I did was glue a bit of spure under the roof of the rhino, running under the holes where the cupolas go. I glued the cupolas themselves in place, but left the covers separate. I glue a flat, round magnet to the sprues and then built a stack of one or two magnets on the undersides of the covers, gluing them in place. I could've used spacers, but I was lazy and had a surplus of magnets. The intent was to reach the magnet on the sprue, but a gap doesn't matter too much as the magnetic attraction keeps them in place. They pull off easily enough, but won't dislodge from simple, general use.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I glued two Mk3 marine bolters togeter and put it on a storm bolter mount. My legion puts clip fed guns on vehicles because they are not very clever.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I glued two Mk3 marine bolters togeter and put it on a storm bolter mount. My legion puts clip fed guns on vehicles because they are not very clever.

I seem to remember some Japanese tanks in WWII that made use of machineguns with 20 round or so magazines. Reminds me of that.

Anyway, my plastic cataphractiis came today and I literally can't tell the difference between their combi bolters and a storm bolter so I feel fine now using storm bolters on these vehicles. The cataphractii combi bolters are virtually identical to the stock 40k rhino storm bolters, the rhino just uses two boxes instead of two drums and is a bit bulkier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
it puts the cupola on the rhino

IT PUTS THE COUPLA ON THE RHINO