Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It actually looks like Riot HQ gave all the resources for Riot OCE to solve this fairly but OCE just ignored them and did the investigation on themselves internally so ???

I can see LoL dying by their own hands. Didn't something similar happen with Blizzard/Starcraft 2 in Korea making it a lot less popular than it should have been?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy posted:

It actually looks like Riot HQ gave all the resources for Riot OCE to solve this fairly but OCE just ignored them and did the investigation on themselves internally so ???

I can see LoL dying by their own hands. Didn't something similar happen with Blizzard/Starcraft 2 in Korea making it a lot less popular than it should have been?

I'm fairly certain it was less blizzard fuckery than it was bad balance for almost the entire lifetime of the game

And then they hosed up the western scene by performing blizzard fuckery

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Also because the Koreans squeezed all the foreigners out, and then the KeSPA Koreans dominated those guys, except what they actually all wanted to do was play more Brood War and now it''s back to that :v:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
xpeke thresh is uhhhhhh

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Lovechop posted:

xpeke thresh is uhhhhhh

are you allowed to report your LCS teammates for feeding

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lovechop posted:

xpeke thresh is uhhhhhh
Tribute to his good friend Yellowstar

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
rip origen

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:byewhore:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Martout posted:

rip origen

Going 0-6 in the promotion tournament is about all that needs to be said about that roster. Jesus.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There and back again: a relegation story by xPeke

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

kirtar posted:

There and back again: a relegation story by xPeke

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Look forward to seeing Origen buy one of the Academy team's slots and immediately get relegated again.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Libertine posted:

Going 0-6 in the promotion tournament is about all that needs to be said about that roster. Jesus.

not a single series won and games won all split can be counted on one hand...

if the lineup survives at all it'll be interesting to see if they can even place for promotion next split tbh, I'm guessing barely if at all

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

njsykora posted:

Look forward to seeing Origen buy one of the Academy team's slots and immediately get relegated again.

They are not allowed to for at least one split

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVyggTKDcOE

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I haven't been able to really follow the EU LCS. I had heard Origen was bad but how did they become so utterly hopeless?

Man...what a role reversal from ocelote and xPeke.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Poor management seems like a good guess

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

people seem to not want to go in on him because he's beloved for a lot of reasons but it seems like xpeke and his mom were just flat out not qualified to be running their org.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
things are look up for na. they might win worlds this year once korea is wiped off the map in nuclear hellfire.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm assuming Origen fell because they didn't want to pay their players or something. All their talented dudes left.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

losing their bot lane was definitely the beginning of the end but whatever player evaluation or planning process lead to them signing a random lspl mid laner from a very bad team was also a problem

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

things are look up for na. they might win worlds this year once korea is wiped off the map in nuclear hellfire.

If North Korea tries to start some poo poo, Samsung will just produce a fleet of drone tanks and aircraft and have the KeSPA organizations pilot them and single-handedly win the Second Korean War.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Does this mean Faker is gonna be the real life D.Va?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

If North Korea tries to start some poo poo, Samsung will just produce a fleet of drone tanks and aircraft and have the KeSPA organizations pilot them and single-handedly win the Second Korean War.

If this takes place during Worlds the Korean teams likely wont have time to attend though. The west might be able to score another win because the relevant region isn't going.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

njsykora posted:

he already is, every time he gets a solo kill in lane the reigning kim loses a year in this life, that's why they all look fat and hosed up

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Martout posted:

he already is, every time he gets a solo kill in lane the reigning kim loses a year in this life, that's why they all look fat and hosed up

I was thinking more about him in a skin tight bodysuit but that works too.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Day 2 of the KeSPA v. DPRK Conflict:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

njsykora posted:

Please.
It'd be Peanut.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Twenty minutes in and Gigabyte Marines have a 12k gold lead against Kuala Lumpur Hunters in the third game of their GPL semifinal match. The latter team basically spent the first twelve minutes inting.

edit: :siren: Sona pick in game 5 :siren:

Max Coveri fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 14, 2017

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Redmark posted:

Also because the Koreans squeezed all the foreigners out, and then the KeSPA Koreans dominated those guys, except what they actually all wanted to do was play more Brood War and now it''s back to that :v:

The Korean foreigner squeeze was the blizzard fuckery I referred to, because they wouldn't have happened if blizzard weren't loving idiots

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

daily hot take: EU LCS has a lot of bad casters

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I would say Piratechnics isn't the worst caster currently in League but he's certainly down there. I like Vedius though.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Taking ez from rallez is good but i think hes good at lucian too and its time to see lucian return

he went ashe tho :(

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

in pokemon memento makes you faint... fitting that elise flashes over a wall into her death

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
giants got 3 - 0'd haha, rip eulcs teams

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think giants have been trying to escape relegations every season forever so its probably for the best

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

I would say Piratechnics isn't the worst caster currently in League but he's certainly down there. I like Vedius though.

Vedius's analysis off sometimes like he often says wrong things about matchups. Like on time he was saying Leblanc should beat Kassadin in lane. Like no that doesn't happen unless Kassadin tries to cs every minion he has more pressure and lvl6 can outright kill her if she wastes e or w. Pre 6 Kass is super safe with tp and his q so he doesn't fall behind too much either.

So another split of challenger teams qualifying in EU and failing in NA. There is always one challenger team that makes it to playoffs in EU LCS. I think misfits could do well if Pridestalker is old enough to play in LCS.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
LPL has a guy whos in game name is Megan, thats next level.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

LPL has a guy whos in game name is Megan, thats next level.

yea, Megan and Marge is the IG bot lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Banner of Command spotted

• Locked thread