Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

EmbryoSteve posted:

I mean Aaron Curry is the obvious choice for biggest hawks bust. 4Th overall and complete garbage. Just so bad. gently caress aaron curry.

Lists are dumb but come on aaron curry loving sucks

Can't miss. Safest pick in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans have released CB Jason McCourty

Come to us Jason, it is your destiny.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yesssssssssssssss, join evil, we have candy. :getin:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dan Rooney died :(

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799785/article/pittsburgh-steelers-owner-dan-rooney-dies-at-age-84?campaign=Twitter_atn

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

How are you so bad at quarterbacks

They tried once and when it didn't work they were like :shrug: and decided to trade for 49ers guys instead. I believe they have spent 2 picks on quarterbacks in the first three rounds in the last 33 years.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
V happy at dead rooneys rn

:)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Oh man, get ready for a season of tributes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Was Aaron Curry just a trash player in Seattle or was it the injuries that did him in? When he went to Oakland there was talk about him not being able to learn the playbook, but it didn't matter because his knees were a loving disaster by that point.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Because they haven't drafted a quarterback in the first round since the Kennedy administration.

lol if your team has to draft a QB in the first round to find a franchise player

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

wandler20 posted:

Can't miss. Safest pick in years.

At least it probably contributed to the ousting of notably bad talent evaluator Tim Ruskell and contributed to manbaby coach Jim Mora jr's firing. God i hated the 2009 season. The only good thing about them was the lime green jerseys which they only wore once because olindo mare blew a bunch of fg's against the bears and Mora somehow attributed the loss to the unis instead of his dumb face and poo poo coaching

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Volkerball posted:

Was Aaron Curry just a trash player in Seattle or was it the injuries that did him in? When he went to Oakland there was talk about him not being able to learn the playbook, but it didn't matter because his knees were a loving disaster by that point.

He just couldnt figure out how to pLay football at the NFL level. Always out of position looking stupid

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans have released CB Jason McCourty

Does he have anything left in the tank?

Could be a reclamation project for Ted.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Look man a LOT of us were wrong about Aaron Curry.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

Does he have anything left in the tank?

Could be a reclamation project for Ted.

I think he could be alright for someone, maybe not a starter level. But he was not worth 10-12 million a year he was making and has had injury problems the last few years. He was mostly healthy last year and struggled a lot, but then again the whole secondary did.

edit: actually, he was only scheduled to make 7m this coming year, I thought he was on more.

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 13, 2017

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

kiimo posted:

I think it approached 100%, he was universally seen as the totally safe, bust-proof choice. Hilarious in hindsight thought.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Is he worse than Kyle Boller?

Yes. Boller was bad but he actually contributed positively to winning games once in a while.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

kiimo posted:

I've just always disliked the pick from day one. They could have held on to julien peterson for one more year and got a DT or a CB. I mean kelly Jennings was still starting and he was just the worst (another ruskell 1st round whiff 2! Whole career picks).

The linebackers were the best part of that lovely defense.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

Yes. Boller was bad but he actually contributed positively to winning games once in a while.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. At best I'd accept didn't actively throw the game away

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Good

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Who the hell is Kevin Allen?

Thought it would have been Mamula for sure

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Thought it would have been Mamula for sure

Mamula was actually a sort of ok player for a few years, not worth the pick but not in biggest bust territory. It's just so memorable because of the fans chanting "We want Sapp" at the draft and then Sapp goes on to be a hall of famer.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

No come to us!

Volkerball posted:

He was like trash in all aspects. Just turtles made of garbage all the way down

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 13, 2017

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Eli defrauding fans via AOL email addy.

https://nypost.com/2017/04/13/heres-proof-eli-manning-was-in-on-giants-memorabilia-scheme/

quote:

Giants quarterback Eli Manning was in on a scheme to sell phony game-worn gear — sending an email asking the team’s equipment manager for “helmets that can pass as game used,” according to blockbuster court papers obtained by The Post.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Larry English* was the worst bust I saw play for the Chargers in my 11 years of fandom, though of course Leaf is by far the worst one in team history and set them back drat near a decade.

*because Buster Davis was too easy, no?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
gently caress Dan Rooney, Rooney Rule should be the Davis Rule

:colbert:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

:wtc:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

Larry English* was the worst bust I saw play for the Chargers in my 11 years of fandom, though of course Leaf is by far the worst one in team history and set them back drat near a decade.

*because Buster Davis was too easy, no?

Leaf at least netted us Tomlinson and Brees a few years later.

English and Davis were awful, but at least they had the health excuse. Antoine Cason was dogshit AND healthy

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

that eli uses an aol email address is far, far worse than the memorabilia scheme

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It is fitting that Obama got the owner of the best franchise in the league to be an ambassador, while Trump got the owner of the Jets.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Shangri-Law School posted:

[...] best franchise in the league [...]

Let's not say things we can't take back.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Shangri-Law School posted:

It is fitting that Obama got the owner of the best franchise in the league to be an ambassador, while Trump got the owner of the Jets.

What do we have to do to get Mike Brown as ambassador to, say, ISIS

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

How has someone this retarded beaten Tom Brady and Bill Belichick twice in the Super Bowl

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
extremely triggered at Troy Williamson mentions

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

How has someone this retarded beaten Tom Brady and Bill Belichick twice in the Super Bowl

His brain only works in insane pressure situations, otherwise he is an apathetic lump who can barely shuffle through life.

"You want fake game helmets? I guess, whatever, just go away so I can stare at the wall and niff glue."

(A billion people are staring at him in the Super Bowl, hacks the Matrix and does a 360 noscope headshot to Tyree)

:c00lbutt:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 14, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: the reaction to this Obit since it isn't endless worship of Dan
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/852638037775405056

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The team that did nothing about Josh Brown of course doesn't give a poo poo that Eli tried to commit fraud. Giants for biggest shitbag organization.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
For those that this pertains to Jmac retiring at the end of the year https://twitter.com/McCourtyTwins/status/852610138934571012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. At best I'd accept didn't actively throw the game away

The game I remembered as being his best (Packers in 2005) he was 19/27 253 and 3tds and the Packers were 3-11 at the time. So he's got that one game going for him at least :v:

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 14, 2017

• Locked thread