Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

not caring here posted:

If you're in the IRR or even if you have one of the more favorable reenlistment codes on your dd214, I would not sign for any certified mail any time soon.

I'm even better off - I'll be rolling to a new reserve unit soon and the nearest open billets are Chinhae and ESG 7 dets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It looks like someone in the Pentagon or otherwise is freelancing to NBC News about Best Korea.

https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/852660864931045376

Leaking is fun until it leads to this poo poo.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Chance of nuclear exchange before weekend is over: "decent"

:munch:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Is there a technical reason the news is using the term "non-nuclear" instead of "conventional" to describe the MOAB?

Or do they just assume the general public doesn't know what "conventional" means?

FBS fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 14, 2017

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'm way more likely to believe Don man would alpha strike the poo poo outta North Korea than I am willing to believe he'd go with an even handed diplomatic resolution where he works with China to calm the Norks down.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bird food bathtub posted:

loving kill yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nope.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

FBS posted:

Is there a technical reason the news is using the term "non-nuclear" instead of "conventional" to describe the MOAB?

Or do they just assume the general public doesn't know what "convential" means?

Yeah, I'd believe that.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

FBS posted:

Or do they just assume the general public doesn't know what "conventional" means?

With chemical and biological weapons more or less off the table, the US arsenal is basically "nuclear" and "not nuclear". Saying that this is the biggest bomb we have, except for the nuclear ones, provides useful context I guess?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Chance of nuclear exchange before weekend is over: "decent"

:munch:

Who's exchanging? There hasn't been any indication that North Korea could actually put a nuclear payload on one of their missiles that's worth half a poo poo.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The pentagon is pretty adamantly denying that NBC report that we're prepared to go after the DPRK.

There is, however, a lot of firepower being built up. On our side.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Buca di Bepis posted:

Who's exchanging? There hasn't been any indication that North Korea could actually put a nuclear payload on one of their missiles that's worth half a poo poo.

I'm hoping they actually try to nuke something, but the rocket explodes mid-air.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The pentagon is pretty adamantly denying that NBC report that we're prepared to go after the DPRK.

quote:

The intelligence officials told NBC News that the U.S. has positioned two destroyers capable of shooting Tomahawk cruise missiles in the region, one just 300 miles from the North Korean nuclear test site.

American heavy bombers are also positioned in Guam to attack North Korea should it be necessary, and earlier this week, the Pentagon announced that the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier strike group was being diverted to the area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The Vinson was going to port in Australia but now they are doing this. Lotta guys hoping something gets blown up to justify the change in plans

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

at least post the right one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1ctr877qs

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

The Vinson was going to port in Australia but now they are doing this. Lotta guys hoping something gets blown up to justify the change in plans

The Australia Port Visit Dangle and Cut

A Pacific Theater time honored naval tradition

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Man everything surrounding North Korea is boycriedwolf.txt x1000, people are going to be quite incredulous if anything actually happens, me included

The new street troll was pretty great though. However, thr whole thing is a mess, and has been for quite a while now. No one wants to deal with millions of NK refugees. Plus China's buffer zone of course

This is what I keep telling myself.

Its one loving minute to midnight.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Then Iron Maiden better update their song.

Or better yet write a sequel.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

What do you see happening from here?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

Yo, so in case nukes starts flying how hosed am I if I live ~300km from St. Petersburg & ~100km from the easternmost airfield in Western Europe that can handle anything from fighters to C-17s/B-52s?

I dunno how pretty are you? You could probably get a sweet gig as some dudes twink until you get killed by a feral kid with a metal boomerang

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
personally if there was a nuclear war happening, ghost me would probably be grateful if I died in one of the early exchanges

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

personally if there was a nuclear war happening, ghost me would probably be grateful if I died in one of the early exchanges

Same

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Trump wants to mine the moon

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/trump-transition-nasa-foia-moon

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

so basically gip is gonna be me posting alone asking if anyone is still alive?

not really a surprise. get captains of industry on board and we will get to live out our dreams of surviving in the space slums :getin:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Two Finger you should watch/read "On the Beach" its basically about exactly that but with your big racist uncle (Australia) as the star

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
https://www.facebook.com/crossman.alonso/posts/1103394309765875 holy poo poo Moab explosion

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Buca di Bepis posted:

Yes. That salvo of missiles they launched in the ocean each could have delivered a nuclear warhead to Japan. They still have a 20% missile failure rate, but even one success is too many.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Two Finger you should watch/read "On the Beach" its basically about exactly that but with your big racist uncle (Australia) as the star

both read and watched it, great book, film wasn't quite as good

i thought it was just about the most australian thing ever when one dude gets mad that radiation sickness is gonna wipe out humans before it kills off rabbits :lol:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Buca di Bepis posted:

Famous last post by SA forums member Buca di Bepis as retrieved by the rad-mutant data scavangers in the year 2083.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah the book was like a billion times more depressing but otoh gregory peck :allears:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Meh, that's not soHOLY gently caress

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hot drat

yeah the book was like a billion times more depressing but otoh gregory peck :allears:

yeah that captain who was prepping poo poo for summer with his family was all kinds of :smith:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

That's beautiful. I change my mind. Spend all my tax money on bombs. dont really

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Wasn't that an ammo demo getting hit in Yemen or something along those lines?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Well that certainly is something...
Wow.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

That's the Saudi air force cooking off a Houthi ammo dump somewhere in Yemen. That video has been floating around on Liveleak et al for a couple of months now.

e: beaten

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

that sure as gently caress doesnt look like a bomb hit, more like an ammo cookoff

:negative: beaten so hard

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Not the moab per all the comments on the video...

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
everyone drunk text someone they want to bang "I'll MOAB dat rear end"

trust me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Famous last post by SA forums member Buca di Bepis as retrieved by the rad-mutant data scavangers in the year 2083.

Heeeeey guys, could we not, like, start some poo poo?

Edit : blue dot is me, and weather isn't looking good for ferry ride out.

• Locked thread