Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Soulex posted:

How many privates could YOU fit into a portapotty?

Not as many as in your mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

The Rat posted:

Not as many as in your mom.

That's redundant.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

You guys watching the news?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-may-launch-strike-if-north-korea-reaches-nuclear-n746366

Guys in the IRR like:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so close to reporting soulex

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

so close to reporting soulex

HOOOOAHHHHHHHHHHH

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
like on one hand THOSE WORDS but on the other hand REPORTING

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lmbo if your (insert basic trainer pronouns of choice here) wasn't a seven foot tall, three hundred pound Scotsman with an especially colorful vocabulary, a Medusian gaze, and a penchant for visiting horrific acts of violence on (insert basic trainee pronouns of choice here)

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
One

more

year.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
my DS looked like the encino man and that's about the only thing i remember with any clarity about any of them

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
imagine Major Payne except shorter, blacker, bald, a gold tooth and the same exact enunciation and accent. dude was pretty cool.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

So much dice rolling going on.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
My drill sgts fought over how the first aid pouch on the old ALICE LBE should be carried. (Snap up or snap down)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Someone on their last week of IRR is gonna get called up and be in North Korea three months later.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My DS's nickname for me was Nixon

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Not gonna lie, one of the best things I ever saw was a drill sergeant come out of loving nowhere to flying-tackle some dumbass who turned with his whole body on the range, causing his M16 to stop pointing downrange.

It was magical.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
Lol if your drill sergeant didnt get busted for throwing literal pizza parties for the females while on duty

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lol if you saw a female under the age of 60 at basic

:smith:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
there were some busted navy chicks at medical

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i hate it because I only use "female" when talking about the military for some reason and apparently thats like a huge incel thing

:females:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm starting to realize why everyone in the Army has a drinking problem

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
one day you'll be a captain so you should get hands on with ASAP really, it will put you ahead of your peers

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i hate it because I only use "female" when talking about the military for some reason and apparently thats like a huge incel thing

:females:

:same:

Mustang posted:

yessssssssssssssssss

let the hate flow throug you

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

My drill sergeant got like hulk angry mad after our PT test and rocketed this privates canteen a good 40 feet striking the pull-up bar beam and breaking off the cap. I remember being impressed with his accuracy, assuming that he was aiming for said target.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mustang posted:

If it surprises you, then you haven't been paying attention.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

Wait...we're allowed to drink?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Mike-o posted:

:same:

yessssssssssssssssss

let the hate flow throug you

Ironically I've never been called in the middle of the night or on the weekend because of any of my soldiers, as far as I know they're all saints.

It's all the poo poo outside my platoon that drives me up the goddamn wall sometimes.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Mustang posted:

Ironically I've never been called in the middle of the night or on the weekend because of any of my soldiers, as far as I know they're all saints.

You're either a goddamn unicorn or someone is running interference and when they're gone for one reason or another the shitshow will be spectacular. It can be as simple as the one dude who serves as the unit conscience the dude who takes the drunks home and or stops fights going on leave or taking a 3 day on a fed holiday to go to the beach.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Steezo posted:

You're either a goddamn unicorn or someone is running interference and when they're gone for one reason or another the shitshow will be spectacular. It can be as simple as the one dude who serves as the unit conscience the dude who takes the drunks home and or stops fights going on leave or taking a 3 day on a fed holiday to go to the beach.

no such thing as unicorns, someone is definitely running interference.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

All the crazy soldier legal stuff I experience vicariously through my sister PL's. I wouldn't even know where to start, poo poo's alien to me.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I guess it helps that I've spent the vast majority of my time with my platoon in the field, garrison time is few and far between at the moment

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i guarantee you once you get back that at least 1/3 of your soldiers will be doing one of the following:

• Getting a DUI or narrowly avoiding getting a DUI
  • Using controlled substances in the barracks
  • Buying a decked out vehicle at 30% APR from one of the dealerships in Tacoma or Puyallup on their sweet sweet E1-E4 pay

There's about a ten percent chance that I pulled out of my rear end that one of them will have raped a girl. Or guy.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
probably has a good nco who is running all the screening who will be the first one kicked out for some dumb reason

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Good thing we're scheduled with more YTC rotations in a year than most LT's get in 3 years I guess......

I honestly often feel like I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing when we're in garrison because I've spent so little time actually doing garrison stuff.

My cohort of PL's already have more field time with our PLTs than any of the "senior" LT's ever did with theirs.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
in 12 years I did 1 NTC rotations and 0 JRTC rotations (other than the entired of my time at polk but nothing proper) and literally YTC rotations are just made up poo poo for people at Tacoma because lol.

like YTC is just the field man, your bases field is a long ways away.

its just the regular field, an ftx with some added bullshit driving

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i cant even remember t he name of the base at tacoma thank god

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh yeah JBLM, YTS is just made up poo poo for JBLM its just the field at any other base my friend

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ytc ycs whatever it is

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

That's the thing, it's poo poo that might take 2 weeks tops at most duty stations but ends up being a loving month for us because of land reservations

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

For the awesome benefit of 10% off of lovely fast food and gasoline, you can have a letter sent to your commander every time you forget to pay your bill!

Honestly you can get some pretty fantastic deals with a Star Card if you time it right. Over Christmas I bought a new 15" MBP with mine from the Navy Exchange online; since it was my first purchase with the account I got 15% off, plus the NEX had a 5% off coupon and 24 months no interest. On top of that I got $80 of exchange gift cards via their rewards programs. So basically I saved $500+ on a brand new laptop and got 2 years of no interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

That's the thing, it's poo poo that might take 2 weeks tops at most duty stations but ends up being a loving month for us because of land reservations

LMAO bro just be glad you aren't in the 173d and you have to go to a different country to do any training