Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Millennial Sexlord posted:

I never got to play this back in the day. I'm wondering if it's worth it to get in on mobile over pc. Thoughts?

In my experience at least, the only times I've wished I'd been playing the other EE games on pc was during extended combat sequences with more opportunities for misclicking.

Since combat isn't much of a thing in Planescape I'd imagine that's less of an issue, and the others are great otherwise seems like it's a really good fit for mobile.

E: also, for me at least, I like getting infinity engine games on mobile because then they don't have to compete with like, tyranny or other pc only rpgs for gaming time. I probably wouldn't have played them again if I couldn't do it on my commute etc.

foutre fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Dammit. Now I'm gonna be playing the original on mobile and the sequel on PC. Best game ever.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Planescape: Torment is a text-heavy game and reading all that on my S7 screen sounds like a recipe for sore eyes, so I'd pick it up on PC.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A Normal Lost Phone is currently $0.20.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I played this when it came out and thought it was absolutely fantastic, it's a steal at that price.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hope it's better than Sarah is Missing!

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

B33rChiller posted:

I am curgently being slowly consumed by Grow Castle. Is there a goon guild I can join for this game?

A leaderboard idle game wherein idling is a $1/hr IAP. Just what the marketplace needed.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

the auschwitz diet posted:

A leaderboard idle game wherein idling is a $1/hr IAP. Just what the marketplace needed.

I've tried this game for a bit. The imbalance and value of some items is hilariously bad ($200k = 25% gold gain, $300k = 25.1% gold gain (.1 improvement for 300k)), as mentioned -- there is no free offline money accumulation and I might be alone in this pissing me off but the fucker thinks it's spelled "turrent."

Malek fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 13, 2017

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This Transformers game seems alright, do we have a clan yet?

Goddamn does it kill your battery though.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
The fact that Dungeon Raid is still not functioning as intended on Android is the most painful thing about switching phones. I found a game called HERRSCHAFT which is a weird Japanese knockoff Dungeon Raid with ripped assets and none of the depth, but it is on a hex grid, which is neat I suppose.

What I guess I'm saying is please tell me if there's a proper Dungeon Raid-like out there because honestly, not having it makes me want to go back to iPhone.

Dream Quest, too, but I've given up all hope on that front. I play Hearthstone wishing it were Dream Quest. :v:

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

explosivo posted:

This Transformers game seems alright, do we have a clan yet?

Goddamn does it kill your battery though.

I'm not liking this trend of slow/no reroll gacha games. I played transformers and dynasty warriors unleashed for about a week each never pulling anything better than the midrange star level (transformers goes up to 4, DW 6) and hit the difficulty wall in both. Transformers is especially douchy about it as itll ask you to stop the prize wheel but will click over an extra time to screw you out of something good.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

Goodpart posted:

The fact that Dungeon Raid is still not functioning as intended on Android is the most painful thing about switching phones. I found a game called HERRSCHAFT which is a weird Japanese knockoff Dungeon Raid with ripped assets and none of the depth, but it is on a hex grid, which is neat I suppose.

What I guess I'm saying is please tell me if there's a proper Dungeon Raid-like out there because honestly, not having it makes me want to go back to iPhone.

Dream Quest, too, but I've given up all hope on that front. I play Hearthstone wishing it were Dream Quest. :v:

Wait what is broken about Dungeon Raid? I recall primarily being annoyed with the lengthy end of turn animations.

I think WarGames: WOPR was more or less a Dungeon Raid clone. 10000000 and it's sequel You Must Build A Boat are good faster paced match 3 games. Gems of War is a more in depth Match 3 RPG ala Puzzle Quest.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lone Goat posted:

Hope it's better than Sarah is Missing!

Depends on what you're looking for I guess. I didn't look anything up about it and was expecting a spooky twist but it's more of a Gone Home style game.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Goodpart posted:

What's wrong with it? I play it on my phone and tablet all the time without any issues besides somewhat lengthy animations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

the auschwitz diet posted:

I just leave it turned on and plugged in overnight, collecting the "colony gold". I'm not suggesting paying for this game, that's for sure.

Malek posted:

I've tried this game for a bit. The imbalance and value of some items is hilariously bad ($200k = 25% gold gain, $300k = 25.1% gold gain (.1 improvement for 300k)), as mentioned -- there is no free offline money accumulation and I might be alone in this pissing me off but the fucker thinks it's spelled "turrent."

Uggggggh "turrent" pisses me off too.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Isn't "turrent" a thing, like "pwned" is?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

B33rChiller posted:

I just leave it turned on and plugged in overnight, collecting the "colony gold". I'm not suggesting paying for this game, that's for sure.

Isn't this really bad for your battery/general phone health?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Goodpart posted:

I'm happy that dream quest creator got a nice job at blizzard. But I'm sad he won't make any more games or update dream quest with graphics.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

B33rChiller posted:

uggggggh "turrent" pisses me off too.

Also he spells Assassin with 3 S's. The descriptions are absolutely a mash of future and past tenses as well.

It's an absolute grind fest later on that tries to bottle neck you into endless grinding or paying money (as is most games just this one is more heavy handed)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of award winning adventure puzzler Lumino City is out now for Android. Look at all those laurels!

Speaking of adventure puzzlers, Lara Croft GO also got updated with the Mirror of Spirits chapter originally exclusive to the PS4/Vita release so there's another chunk of levels to work your way through.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 13, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Egg Inc got an update.

There's more stuff now.

:negative:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
And a large update at that. Nice to see the devs attempted to make manual hatching worthwhile. The offline hatch boost is nice, too.

Hell of a timing, though, I was only one gold trophy away from the full set.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Deakul posted:

What's wrong with it? I play it on my phone and tablet all the time without any issues besides somewhat lengthy animations.

Watch a video of it running on ios and you'll understand. End of turn animations are maybe 10x faster there.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

How is the new Kairosoft game, Bonbon cakery?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I picked this up, and I thought it had an interesting little story. It wasn't challenging at all, but I appreciate its unique style.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Michaellaneous posted:

How is the new Kairosoft game, Bonbon cakery?

Newest one is Shiny Ski Resort. Bonbon Cakery is sort of old and full of microtransactions

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Duggler posted:

Isn't this really bad for your battery/general phone health?

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for pointing it out. That drat game had to go anyhow.

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.
So I can't stop playing Hungry Cat Picross even though I've finished all the puzzles and gotten 3* on all of them. I still have the big grids but they aren't very challenging. Thread, I need more things like this. I have CrossMe but it doesn't really grab me in the same way. I think traditional nonograms might just not be that exciting to me? Anyways, what's sorta like HCP? Also interested in other puzzle-y things that have some math content to them (but no sudoku, please)

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

EvilChameleon posted:

So I can't stop playing Hungry Cat Picross even though I've finished all the puzzles and gotten 3* on all of them. I still have the big grids but they aren't very challenging. Thread, I need more things like this. I have CrossMe but it doesn't really grab me in the same way. I think traditional nonograms might just not be that exciting to me? Anyways, what's sorta like HCP? Also interested in other puzzle-y things that have some math content to them (but no sudoku, please)

Buy a DS and play picross DS, e picross and Mario picross. Mostly just picross DS though.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Picross 3D is good too. It would be great on a phone :allears:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

EvilChameleon posted:

I've been scratching that itch with Griddlers Plus. The interface is a little different, but it's still a picross game, and it's got literally thousands of puzzles. Some are a breeze, but some I had to literally screenshot what I'd done so far and reset so I could get more hints.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

IAmTheRad posted:

Newest one is Shiny Ski Resort. Bonbon Cakery is sort of old and full of microtransactions

Can confirm that Shiny Ski Resort is a really nice return to form for Kairosoft. Lots of game mechanics, and lots of things to do.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Gardenscapes is pretty great, thanks for pointing me at it

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Michaellaneous posted:

Can confirm that Shiny Ski Resort is a really nice return to form for Kairosoft. Lots of game mechanics, and lots of things to do.

Yes, this is classic Kairosoft. Good fun.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just picked up Mage and Minions and drat if it isn't a great little diablo-like. Easy controls, min-maxing, gear collecting fun, not too bad thus far with the cash shop either. It also let's you play offline, though you can't save progress until your connected again.

This is far better than any of the more popular dungeon crawlers I've played on android. Not sure how new the game is or anything, but just thought I'd give it a post if anyone was looking for sonething similar.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Just picked up Mage and Minions and drat if it isn't a great little diablo-like. Easy controls, min-maxing, gear collecting fun, not too bad thus far with the cash shop either. It also let's you play offline, though you can't save progress until your connected again.

This is far better than any of the more popular dungeon crawlers I've played on android. Not sure how new the game is or anything, but just thought I'd give it a post if anyone was looking for sonething similar.

How far have you gotten? I played to like the 4th level and it was pretty boring with really small zones. Does it pick up later?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Just picked up Mage and Minions and drat if it isn't a great little diablo-like.

quote:

In-app Products
£0.89 - £90.99 per item
I think I'll pass on that one!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I haven't gotten too far admittedly. The early levels are short and sweet, the maps aren't as big as Diablo or anything. This is the cash shop type of stuff:

It seems to be geared more towards the completionist, or min/maxer. I have about 4500 gold and 250+ gems and I'm only level 5. You use gems for unlocking stash and inventory slots, and various other slots.

This is the store where you would buy weapon upgrades and stuff like the shopkeep npc:

I have yet to see anything that would require any purchase.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 17, 2017

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Tunga posted:

You do need gems to unlock a few upgrades, but the game is very generous with them. You can finish it pretty quickly without buying anything. The real grind starts after that (Legendary mode or whatever it's called), and then it's just a big time sink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Tunga posted:

That's like all in-game stores though. There's the cheapy stuff, then to account for possible whales there's always something that's like $100.