Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Also, best way to avoid self-owning: never assume size. Otherwise you'll get a two-inch tall cat tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Get a 2 inch tall cat tree and keep caterpillars instead

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

Seriously, how does the chinese postal system work? If I wanted to buy these worms it would be 46 cents CDN including postage. If I was really impressed with them and wanted to mail one to my aunt, it would cost me 85 cents CDN to send her a letter with a worm in it. To be fair she'd get that worm within a week, rather than the 2 months I'd have to wait to get them from China, but still.

How?

The short version is that your local postal delivery company subsidises it, leading to a ton of lost income for them.

The longer bit is that ages ago, long before the days of mass buying chinese stuff with free postage, the various postal companies in the world hashed out rules for handling international post alongside the UN. One of the things they agreed on was that to make mail from developing countries, to industrial/first world countries practical, they'd have to waive some of the cost/subsidize it. (When you send a package abroad, some of the money you pay is passed on to the various postal companies that handle it.)

So, China only has to pay what their postal service thinks is reasonable to get it to the other country, plus a token fee to the recipient country that does in no way cover the expenditures.

And China of course fights tooth and nail to prevent this from being anulled, because the moment they can't sell stuff with free shipping, I imagine the economy might take a bit of a gut punch.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SubNat posted:

The short version is that your local postal delivery company subsidises it, leading to a ton of lost income for them.

The longer bit is that ages ago, long before the days of mass buying chinese stuff with free postage, the various postal companies in the world hashed out rules for handling international post alongside the UN. One of the things they agreed on was that to make mail from developing countries, to industrial/first world countries practical, they'd have to waive some of the cost/subsidize it. (When you send a package abroad, some of the money you pay is passed on to the various postal companies that handle it.)

So, China only has to pay what their postal service thinks is reasonable to get it to the other country, plus a token fee to the recipient country that does in no way cover the expenditures.

And China of course fights tooth and nail to prevent this from being anulled, because the moment they can't sell stuff with free shipping, I imagine the economy might take a bit of a gut punch.

Cool and good, I should get an agent in China to handle all my correspondence. LOL, just kidding, I haven't sent a letter in years.

Years ago I remember my grandparents mailing the invitations for their daughter's wedding during a trip to the US. It cost slightly less to pay the US international rate than the canadian domestic rate and grandpa was thrifty as hell. Imagine if a chinese company would print up and mail all your invitations for you? Or all your christmas cards???

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Guy Mann posted:

-scrunching face up in intense concentration- sex and violence...are different things...?!

I imagine Americans have either the most vanilla sex experiences possible or full on BDSM furry vore

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

angerbeet posted:

I imagine Americans have either the most vanilla sex experiences possible or full on BDSM furry vore

Weird, this is what we assume about the British.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

angerbeet posted:

Speaking of bdsm furry vore, how's the quality on bootleg aliexpress sex toys?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

Speaking of bdsm furry vore, how's the quality on bootleg aliexpress sex toys?

don't buy anything that you have to put your dick in

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

ravenkult posted:

Coincidentally, that is on my family crest.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Weird, this is what we assume about the British.

it's where you yell at your partner and make them warm your toilet seat for you, then you hit them with a riding crop. also pedophilia.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

ravenkult posted:

My dick doesn't fit in anything on aliexpress anyway.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

FrozenVent posted:

it's Asian sizing, if you want an American 4XS just order an S

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

That's actually why I said it

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Click here to buy your shirt with a unicorn that simultaneously pukes poo poo and shits rainbows.

Ceive
Dec 19, 2006

thank pizza skeltal

Impulse sale purchases started showing up this week!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I got another $11 flannel shirt. Fits great. I think I'll take it down to Chinatown and get it tailored to wear untucked for another $5 or so.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I got the 100-pack of these and I'm really satisfied with it, there's a good variety of weird artwork to bootleg pop culture stuff and surprisingly little gaudy cheesecake/pinup stuff. Also the manufacturing quality is pretty solid, I totally buy that they're waterproof. Though it does have a few repeats in it.

Also a 100-pack of generic melamine foam blocks for the price of about 5 name-brand Mr. Clean Magic Erasers is a goddamn steal. The quality is identical to the real thing, I cleaned my filthy goon hovel's kitchen and bathroom with just a couple of them and no cleaning chemicals, they're gonna last forever.

SubNat posted:

The American postal service doesn't actually get any money from taxes, it's technically owned by the government but thanks to Republicans it has to operate completely off of its own revenue on top of a bunch of other bullshit regulations designed to try and cripple it so they can privatize the whole mess. It does really well considering the limitations but our shipping would be way better and cheaper if we actually subsidized it or properly nationalized it.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

I got another $11 flannel shirt. Fits great. I think I'll take it down to Chinatown and get it tailored to wear untucked for another $5 or so.

Link?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Facebook Aunt posted:

Imagine if a chinese company would print up and mail all your invitations for you? Or all your christmas cards???

I love this idea, I wonder if there's something like this already. Except for the fact that half of them would be sent to the wrong place it would be great.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Snowy posted:

Except for the fact that half of them would be sent to the wrong place it would be great.

Ah yes, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Q. Rando, are you with the bride or groom?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2550664396.html

I got it during the Super Whatever Sale so it was cheaper. I wear a US medium and asian XL is what works.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Got my first parcel from the stuff I ordered during the big sale:

It's furry and cute, A+ would buy for $14 again.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

There are way too many unicorn pooping and/or puking rainbows shirts on Aliexpress.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

cyberia posted:

Got my first parcel from the stuff I ordered during the big sale:

It's furry and cute, A+ would buy for $14 again.

Poor Sully.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh my god, I bought the mystery peanut and it is so much larger and so much worse than I ever could have imagined

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my dream is an aliexpress gang tag

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

my dream is an aliexpress gang tag

wouldn't that just be an existing gang tag that costs a tenth the normal price

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

And jpg artifacts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

it's an incorrect url that links to a heavily compressed image of off-brand totoro

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Pick posted:

totoro

*funny cool CAT grey totoro fashion anime cute free tax to russia

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I bought a dress for $13 during the sale... it's a pretty dress made of a nice poly cotton blend. does not feel like plastic. the fit isn't perfect but it's still a good look. :)

Pick posted:

oh my god, I bought the mystery peanut and it is so much larger and so much worse than I ever could have imagined

the mystery peanut???

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The Mystery Peanut is literally the worst thing I've ever seen and it's less than $2, you need it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/LlsupeY.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Foo...d5caeb058&tpp=1

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
a merry Fool's Day spoof my gentle friends.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

The Mystery Peanut is literally the worst thing I've ever seen and it's less than $2, you need it.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Guy Mann posted:

I got the 100-pack of these and I'm really satisfied with it, there's a good variety of weird artwork to bootleg pop culture stuff and surprisingly little gaudy cheesecake/pinup stuff. Also the manufacturing quality is pretty solid, I totally buy that they're waterproof. Though it does have a few repeats in it.

Seems to be a lot of people itt buying these sorts of stickers... Why? What do you all use them for?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Pick posted:

Can it actually gag children as the full item name implies?

And who's "Audlt"?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pick posted:

Larger? After reading about it on X-Entertainment ages ago I always assumed it'd be at least 10 or 11 inches long, but it's like half that size.

But that noise it makes, I opened it once and while I was delighted to finally own a mystery peanut I vowed never to open that loving thing again.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

General Bullshit > AliExpress: oh my god, I bought the mystery peanut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Anyone try ordering cheap chinese mystery seeds? I thought my favorites were the seeds for plants that were biologically impossible.

Nice photoshop, guys.

Then I looked at the seeds for aquarium plants. Seeds for moss? Does moss even grow from seeds? And then I found the lowest effort fake seeds.

Seeds that grow plastic plants. :aaaaa:

What do they even send you if you order plastic plant seeds? Just sweep the floor and mail floor grit?

A while I bought a bunch of packs of mystery seeds, PMed a GBS mod about starting a thread to see what grows, never heard back. I think Pick also has seeds that are coming in well!

Then I moved my partner from NC to MD on April 1st, so I haven't been around. I could get started this weekend though! I'd be happy for more than one of us to grow random stuff together!

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 14, 2017