Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Got into the Quake Champions beta

woooo

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

So, the patch for Mass Effect Andromeda made the singleplayer more fun, but multiplayer is still garbage.

Mustang, have you actually tried multiplayer yet?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Arc Light posted:

So, the patch for Mass Effect Andromeda made the singleplayer more fun, but multiplayer is still garbage.

Mustang, have you actually tried multiplayer yet?

Yup. Every time I try multi it crashes. I've never seen an xbone game crash so consistently. I'm lucky if I can get through one game.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Nope haven't tried multiplayer yet

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Jokers Gamble posted:

I don't know if anyone has been playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds but if anyone wants to add me my steam name is Jokers Gamble.

The thread in Games is pretty good, check it out. They have a Discord set up but I haven't been in it yet, I already have a decent squad of friends.

Best game I've played in loving years.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nintendo stopped NES classic production indefinitely lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I thought they only made like one batch of that in the first place.

anyhow I have my classic nes somewhere in a box :smug:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

anyhow I have my classic nes somewhere in a box :smug:

I have an NES, SNES, and N64 in a box at my parent's house somewhere. Carts for FF3(6) and Chrono Trigger too. I had Earthbound with the original package and the strategy guide but sold it for like $10 in high school like an idiot :cripes:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if i had all my old SNES and GC games I could probably make a few bucks :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Give me an SNES Classic please

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haha loving Nintendo. At this point I assume they're working directly with eBay scalpers.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I get the simplicity appeal but I felt like it was pointless anyways. As one that loves nostalgia people get way too caught up in nostalgia. Those games aren't really that fun anymore, sans a few, but just imo and all that don't burn me at the stake

poo poo, now is the time to try to get one though if you wanna be an rear end in a top hat scalper.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Article said they added more to the production line but yeah still stopping

Surprised no one has made a legitimate knockoff that works as seamlessly yet (with all the games)

Granted, of course you can hack the NES classic to have more games etc

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

3D print an NES classic case, stick a Raspberry pi in it, et voila. Unless you want to be one of those super spergs using a tube television to play it "right".

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Surprised no one has made a legitimate knockoff that works as seamlessly yet (with all the games)

Granted, of course you can hack the NES classic to have more games etc

uh because nintendo would come after them? if youre getting a retail nes clone thing that plays roms of old games, youre gonna get a box full of bootsie rear end chinese clones and rom hacks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ok I meant a Chinese one that isn't poo poo?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Our communal drunk Dark Souls 3-playthrough hit its first major wall today: Pontiff Sulyvahn :darksouls: .

We spent something like ~45 minutes on him before calling it quits, but most importantly we got the strat down and now it's just a matter of execution. He dead next week.

EDIT: That giant dude in the Profane Capital was a giant bitch, what the hell From Software :mad:

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 14, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Unless you want to be one of those super spergs using a tube television to play it "right".

i have a saved ebay search for one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Trinit...X0AAOSwdGFYv5FO

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

gently caress nerds and gently caress every single one of them that have made poo poo like this expensive as poo poo. Consoles, old computers, anything like that is just ridiculously priced nowadays. Especially higher quality CRTs like that. That poo poo went for almost nothing a few years ago, but a nostalgia for retro consoles/computers kicked off and now every poo poo for brains on ebay thinks they can charge $1000 for their broken rear end Apple II/Commodore/Amiga/whatever.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Mike-o have you tried any of the yakuza games? it's not quite as silly as Metal Gear stuff but its kinda up there. More of a beat em up tho

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I think I've got one of them, I need to play it. A friend of mine is super into the series and I've watched him play a bunch, they look pretty fun and good. Kind of a spiritual successor to Shenmue which never got loving finished :argh:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i played 3 for the first time like last month and really dug it, now I'm doing 4, which is kind of an incremental upgrade on 3. I have 0 but havent played it yet but it sounds like its pretty good. Check it out my man, smash peoples faces

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
yakuza dudes are like the antithesis to all the magical girl cutesy anime bullshit. straight up choppin dudes fingers off and poo poo. yeah i'll go dig through my games and find whichever one i have. if i don't have the first one i'll go get it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the first one was like a PS1 or 2 game. Start with any they don't seem to really rely much on each other for the individual games story as far as ive seen. reoccurring characters and stuff but I started on 3 and didn't really feel like I missed a whole lot. A few hours into 4 now and it hasn't yet to reference 3 even. Worst case scenario if you really want to catch up they basically have video synopsis of the previous games in the menus.

edit: don't get me wrong though there is some weirdo anime japanese poo poo in here, like in this game your dude runs a hostess club and you have to dress her up. It's really kinda...uh weird but IDK

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they're remaking another one for PS4 as well

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Yeah Kiwami, a remake of the first one.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Picked up NBA 2K17 this week

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

cowboy elvis posted:

Picked up NBA 2K17 this week

hows the story mode this year

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hows the story mode this year

Dunno yet. I left the PS4 downloading a 5 gb patch so I'll try it out tomorrow. Michael B Jordan plays the best friend so that's cool.

Mlb the show 17 is super cool too dude. I play a few RTTS games every night. I like how the game gives a ton of control methods and options for the auto stuff like fielding/base running

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

In this day and age I wonder why the PS4 has such poo poo download rates.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

In this day and age I wonder why the PS4 has such poo poo download rates.

Pausing and resuming a download helps out most of the time. Still takes like 40 minutes to download 3 gigs.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mine downloads super quick

make sure you port forward and for the love of god dont use the wireless

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah its abmysal, i remind myself of that once a year when I get impatient and buy a game like HZD on the store then wait 12 hours to play it, at which point I could have probably realistically made dozens of round trips to the gamestop thats all of 3 miles away

edit: I don't remember what ports to forward :\ I remembe rthat being a thing on ps3 tho

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480.
UDP: 3478-3479.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress why did i not know that.

i also just figured out the 5Ghz band on my wifi router makes things super fast like my internet shot up from like 30Mbps to about 130Mbps which is basically the limit on the tier I'm paying for. sometimes i'm not a very smart computer dork. but then i also realized afterwards that my ps4 is the non-pro version that can't get on my wifi's 5ghz band :(

but then we decided to let the kid use the spare tv in her room so no more MGSV dogge in my office, gonna play it downstairs but that means i can just hook it up straight to the router.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mine is wired. Tried port forwarding, tried DMZ, tried hooking it straight to the modem. If I want to play something new I plan for 12-24 hours of downloading.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
switching from a usb wifi adapater that sucked to just a regular pci one was such a huge difference on my pc, IDK why I even got a usb one in the first place to be honest oh well

i've always tried to keep my playstations wired though because ehh.

right now my ps3 is on wifi but I dont even sign in or do anything online with that anyhow, other than try to clear my backlog

I'm on a "no new games until august or MAYBE july" rule right now so i'm trying to kill my huge backlog

when the ps4 was newish and I had to drive to take kids to the ASVAB I'd have nothing better to do other than sleep in my car, eat fast food, or go to gamestop and waste money on old ps3 games when the price started dropping :/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mine is wired. Tried port forwarding, tried DMZ, tried hooking it straight to the modem. If I want to play something new I plan for 12-24 hours of downloading.

maybe its time to upgrade the router and modem

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

maybe its time to upgrade the router and modem

Surfboard modem (upgraded for the DOSCIS 3.0 stuff) and a WRT 1200 AC :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
youre probably just hitting lovely psn server boxes. i remember some fauntleroy on the bombcast explaining sonys network infrastructure and why it sucks so hard compared to steam or xbox live, but i cant recall specifics