Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
and i could make delicious dried strawberries :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

and i could make delicious dried strawberries :kiddo:

https://hardforum.com/threads/i-deep-fried-my-computer-literally.1104341/

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of all this nerdy computer poo poo my girlfriend got me a mechanical keyboard for my birthday.
I never really specified what kind I liked to her all the times I talked about keyboards, she picked up a RAZERRRRRR keyboard but I love it and I love my girlfriend :kiddo:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mike-o posted:

Speaking of all this nerdy computer poo poo my girlfriend got me a mechanical keyboard for my birthday.
I never really specified what kind I liked to her all the times I talked about keyboards, she picked up a RAZERRRRRR keyboard but I love it and I love my girlfriend :kiddo:

That's wife quality imo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Put a ring on that lady.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
marriage is a trap

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
solution: be engaged for the rest of your life

judging by the current state of affairs in the world it won't be much more than a few years until we're all grilling ribs with canned sunshine

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

this.

never get married. Or if you do, marry an old broad with tons of money and just wait for that sweet sweet death money.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I like being married and I love my husband :kiddo:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

That's not very dad.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

joat mon posted:

That's not very dad.

Says a guy not paying child support.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Godholio posted:

Says a guy not paying child support.

Yeah. :(

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

:perfect:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

the new one or the one you buried under the gazebo?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Mike-o posted:

the new one or the one you buried under the gazebo?

Or both

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

you've been married like 3 months lmao

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Hey HCT what's the weather in Idaho like in July? There's an area in the Sawtooth national forest that I'd maybe like to explore, but if it's still a snowed in, muddy mess at that point I'll have to postpone till later.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
theoretically it should be OK but thats like an 8 hour drive from me man IDK

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Does bitching about USAA go into Dad Chat? I feel like it qualifies.

So after my wife died, I kept making payments on her credit card. It was set up for auto-pay anyway, so I just didn't touch it and didn't think anything of it until a couple months ago when they sent her a replacement card because her old one was going to expire.

Which means it was still active, despite USAA knowing she was dead.

So I called USAA, got transferred to the department that deals with deceased members (being on hold for an hour before I got through), only to find out that her card was supposed to have been canceled when I reported her death to USAA, but apparently it fell through the cracks. They told me that the account would be closed and more than likely the interest would be canceled. Because my wife didn't have very good credit when she opened the account, it was backed by a certificate of deposit. So CD - Balance = Refund to me.

I asked if the payments I'd made since she passed would be included in the refund and I was told that they would be.

So here I am now, brain deciding it wants to review everything because gently caress sleep, and I realize that the check they sent me could not possibly have been the right amount. The amount I got was only $74 more than the payments I'd made and I know for drat sure that CD - Balance > $74

In the morning I'm calling USAA and asking them they walk me through how they arrived at the amount they sent me and why they feel as though they're entitled to 15 months of payments on an account that was supposed to have been closed before those payments had been made.

Goddamnit, every time I think I'm done something else pops up.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Same but wife. She's stood by me for 17 years now and I can't imagine a life without her. She's my bestest friend, and the love of my life.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Same but wife. She's stood by me for 17 years now and I can't imagine a life without her. She's my bestest friend, and the love of my life.

Same but only 15 years.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm fairly certain I will be alone forever, I hosed up my chance at being happy 8 years ago and haven't had a girlfriend since :rip:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orange juche posted:

I'm fairly certain I will be alone forever, I hosed up my chance at being happy 8 years ago and haven't had a girlfriend since :rip:

I thought the same for a long time but I'm starting to date again now I've been sober a while and it's fine. Haven't met the right one yet but someday

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
First you get the money. Then you get the power. Then you die because the world is going to end before you can cash it in on gold digging groupies.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Same but only 15 years.

Same but 12. Only life decision I haven't ever regretted.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Meh. I'm three years and change past my divorce finalizing. Year and a half since the last girlfriend. And I'm fine with being single for a while yet. I don't want kids, especially other people's kids. I don't want a house in the city or burbs. And I'm sure as gently caress not playing religious or political tolerance games.

Someone just loving nuke us all already. I don't care what's next, let's just get there already.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Same but 8 years now

wife4Butts owns for dealing with all my poo poo

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

you've been married like 3 months lmao

we've been living together for almost 6 years...

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TBeats posted:

First you get the money. Then you get the power. Then you die because the world is going to end before you can cash it in on gold digging groupies.

To some degree I've been letting all the global warming concern and the fact that I'm in my early 30s and may be starting a family in the next 5 years dictate where I vacation.

My girlfriend wants to save up for starting a family at the moment but I'd rather check out Patagonia or some poo poo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you can still compromise with your spouse, you're leaps and bounds ahead of where I was before my divorce. Bitch wanted everything her way even if it would've killed me. I clearly shared faults of my own, but she was firm in never leaving Memphis and being in control of everything, so she can control her poo poo alone.

I've taken to being more of an rear end in a top hat this past year, and looking like a goddamn wildman. I'm actively repelling occasional single mother advances, holding out for a dog park honeybun without kids. But I'm still shaking poo poo out of my system. I don't need to go spouse hunting. Frank and the cats are an ample echo chamber at home.

Anything serious is years away. Got my own poo poo to do first.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Amen, but :corsair:

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I don't need to go spouse hunting.

Don't do this, even especially if you're 'ready'.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Unless of course you're on post and looking for a clean burning source of lamp oil.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Requested the divorce back in December, should be finalized in June.

Hail Satan

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

not caring here posted:

Unless of course you're on post and looking for a clean burning source of lamp oil.

:golfclap:

I am thoroughly incompetent with women, which should come as no surprise to anyone here.

It's how I can afford so many guns :haw:

:smith:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
A bunch of people who enlisted shouldn't have to be reminded that entering into an Open - General agreement with someone will end badly if not thought out beforehand

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

:golfclap:

I am thoroughly incompetent with women, which should come as no surprise to anyone here.

It's how I can afford so many guns :haw:

:smith:

If your guns are the thing holding you back from a relationship I'll hold onto them for you.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Trump getting elected killed any urge I might have to have kids, at least for the time being. The world is just too hosed up for me to bring anyone else into it in good conscience.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

That's my big sticking point, I don't want kids. Seems like most people do at this age so welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
In my late 20s I had to stop dating women my age because their pressure to get married/have kids was hella crazy and woah there I don't even know your middle name.

So I dated milfs instead.

• Locked thread