Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hey all, I'm playin a game on my Switch and it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I have to say though, my major criticism of the Switch is allowing bad ports. Mr. Shifty runs like poo poo and it's because they allowed the company to release a product that was ported by essentially contractors disconnected from the main development of the title.

Nintendo has to nip this poo poo in the bud. If every new set of games comes with bad port issues, unnecessary frame drops, etc. it's going to really sour people's view of the system.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

parallelodad posted:

Wait. Wait. Wait. WHAT?

There's a Super Mario?

There's a level ABOVE Super Mario

I call it Super Mario Bros 2

But I'm still not done yet...

I call this level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TscjsNMvnDg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Glad to see you shitposting this hard in a non mafia thread

I'm not a shitposter, I just play one on TV

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

chaleski posted:

If Nintendo finally made an full size open-world 3D Pokemon game they'd win E3 and I'd be able to die happy. It's long loving overdue imo

Hire Monolith Soft to help, it'd be a match made in heaven

That's the thing, Nintendo does not make Pokemon games and cannot. Only the Pokemon company can. Nintendo only has so much control over the Pokemon company. They can't order Ganefreak to make X game.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Has anyone taken a look at the Switch Charge thing on indiegogo? Seems too good to be true.

I don't even own this thing yet and I already beat Zelda and and played MK8 to death on Wii U, but I have a feeling that I will be picking one up once more games come out.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hey all, I'm playin a game on my Switch and it's good.

Same. Eventide Island, ya'll.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

the truth posted:

Has anyone taken a look at the Switch Charge thing on indiegogo? Seems too good to be true.

I don't even own this thing yet and I already beat Zelda and and played MK8 to death on Wii U, but I have a feeling that I will be picking one up once more games come out.

Blunty made a video about it pointing out its full of red flags, and said real established and trusted companies are going to make things like this and it'll be better to buy one from one of them than from an unknown on indie gogo rushing to be first to market.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

People also might have bought Zelda while there was a 20% launch discount from amazon prime/best buy club in anticipation of a switch this year. It's likely the best price we'll see for a long time for new copies. I would have done that myself if I wasn't going to get digital.

Has any other game ever hit (or, apparently, exceeded) 100% attach for a console for any period of time? I would imagine Mario 64 got drat close when the N64 launched. I mean, did anybody buy that console solely due to their intense love of launch day Pilotwings?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

parallelodad posted:

That's the thing, Nintendo does not make Pokemon games and cannot. Only the Pokemon company can. Nintendo only has so much control over the Pokemon company. They can't order Ganefreak to make X game.

They can provide heavy incentive with large bags on money.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

the truth posted:

Because what's going to happen is that it'll be made from low quality potentially 3D printed parts because this is a kickstarter level project, then you're going to get it, you're going to dock it, you're going to be so smug with yourself about your extended battery life, but you know what you'll have instead of a crazy awesome portable charging cradle?

You're going to have a bomb.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

bkerlee posted:

Same. Eventide Island, ya'll.

<3 eventide

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

are switches like out in the wild now? can you go and buy them? i havent been to a store that would sell them in like a month

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

the truth posted:

If you mean the charge case/kickstand, it doesn't seem like it's that out there or original (people have been making similar things for phones for years). What's actually going to happen is that some other third party (one who doesn't need to beg on indiegogo for money to make an obvious accessory for an already wildly popular console) is going to have one in stores by christmas 2017 at the latest, and anyone who's backed the indiegogo thing is going to be lucky to get the "whoops we hosed up and can't deliver, sorry" email before the Switch XL comes out in 2019.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
if they go to China to get it mass produced, it will be on AliExpress in about a month.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Anidav posted:

Do Zelda fans just look at it and imagine defeating ganon?

Spoilers

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

XyrlocShammypants posted:

There aren't a lot of games out, and that's 99% of the whining. It's like going to a fish market and complaining about the fishy smell. You bought the device early, deal with the early title issues. So if by defensive you mean annoyed at stupid people then sure.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I have to say though, my major criticism of the Switch is allowing bad ports. Mr. Shifty runs like poo poo and it's because they allowed the company to release a product that was ported by essentially contractors disconnected from the main development of the title.

Nintendo has to nip this poo poo in the bud. If every new set of games comes with bad port issues, unnecessary frame drops, etc. it's going to really sour people's view of the system.
I like you. Though seems like most everything so far hasn't suffered a lot of the later. Zelda got fixed exactly the same on the Wii u and BoI runs as good/bad as it does everywhere else from what people were saying. The biggest slow down thing was the system WiFi eating up too much CPU or hardware problems more than bad game ports.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

I like you. Though seems like most everything so far hasn't suffered a lot of the later. Zelda got fixed exactly the same on the Wii u and BoI runs as good/bad as it does everywhere else from what people were saying. The biggest slow down thing was the system WiFi eating up too much CPU or hardware problems more than bad game ports.

Is that wifi CPU bug still a thing after the latest system update?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the wifi cpu thing was always placebo mysticism of people swearing framerate improved if it went into airplane mode.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The patch notes so far do not state this specifically. I want to say I've not noticed it happening in a while but :shrug:

^^^ fast rmx devs are the ones who brought it up to why their game randomly hitched

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_qbf4Nnzw

Ok guys let's close up shop Senran Kagura is gonna be the GOTY and pretty much proves that the HD Rumble and joycons are gods gift to the earth.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Al-Saqr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_qbf4Nnzw

Ok guys let's close up shop Senran Kagura is gonna be the GOTY and pretty much proves that the HD Rumble and joycons are gods gift to the earth.

quote:

Comments are disabled for this video.

I am not sure if I am happy or angry about that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

CharlestheHammer posted:

I know because the thread gets hyper defensive.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

parallelodad posted:

And there's literally no reason for Game Freak to want or need outside help considering they have the whole "make a pokemon game that sells millions instantly and keeps people wanting more" thing down pretty well at this point.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

I own this, and it owns. I played Super Monkey Ball on road road trips all the time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone talking about the demise of the NES classic?

Cuz if you don't got one, you ain't getting one. (unless you are really lucky or stupid with your $$)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spent the morning of my friday off so far playing Shovel Knight in handheld mode.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Spent the morning of my friday off so far playing Shovel Knight in handheld mode.

Doing the same at this VERY moment and it's amazing. I thought I hated "retro" games but it turns out I just hated bad ones.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
I hesitated for quite a while before getting Shovel Knight back on PC because I thought it was yet another of those bullshit terrible fake retro games that try to get by on just looking old, but then I actually played it and yep, it's actually super good, ended up buying it for Switch as well to have it portable.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Played the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo, and the d-pad buttons are surprisingly not complete trash. Not as good as a real d-pad, but not bad enough to send me running towards the PS4 version.

Also I noticed my perfect Switch isn't so perfect. Got some screen lift on the bottom right corner, reminds me of my old Nexus 7, though nowhere near as bad as that device had it-- this is just like baaaarely poking out.

I can press the screen back down but it eases back out pretty quickly. Guessing it didn't get glued properly during construction and the heat of the console has loosened what glue is there. Or maybe it's been like this since I got it and I just didn't notice it :shrug:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I figured the not d-pad would be lame but after some blaster Master and BoI time I'm all huh this works just fine. I'm happy with it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

LethalGeek posted:

I figured the not d-pad would be lame but after some blaster Master and BoI time I'm all huh this works just fine. I'm happy with it.

On PS4 and now Switch I use the stick for Isaac. It has analog movement, so. Still enjoying that upgrade from the original.

Will surely be completely unusable for Street Fighter, though

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

xedo posted:

People also might have bought Zelda while there was a 20% launch discount from amazon prime/best buy club in anticipation of a switch this year. It's likely the best price we'll see for a long time for new copies. I would have done that myself if I wasn't going to get digital.

Has any other game ever hit (or, apparently, exceeded) 100% attach for a console for any period of time? I would imagine Mario 64 got drat close when the N64 launched. I mean, did anybody buy that console solely due to their intense love of launch day Pilotwings?
Pack in games don't count, which is why you never see something like SMW or 64 or Wii Sports listed.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We won't get a Switch XL, if anything it will be a Switch SL (slightly larger)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Someone should 3D print a dpad adapter to put on the left joycon over the buttons. I'd buy that.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Cuz if you don't got one, you ain't getting one. (unless you are really lucky or stupid with your $$)

Diabolical

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Waltzing Along posted:

It was the right move since when VC launches each of those games is worth 7$.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Bought Jackbox, great fun

Only issue is that playing it kicks off my TV's power saving mode after a while, had to touch a joystick to stop it dimming the screen.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
From the Arms Japanese site

Spring Man
Belongs To: Spring Gym
Height: 182cm
Weight: 76kg

Ribbon Girl
Belongs To: Ribbon Label
Height: 169cm
Weight: Only as much as her fans think!