Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

agreed but selfish-masturbation via the identity of gamer

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

C.H.O.M.E posted:

yeah, man some of the tintin stuff is so amazingly racist I couldn't read it anymore. when I was a child and I didn't really understand how racist caricatures worked it was good reading though

tintin au congo is pretty fuckin incredible

i like the part where he drills a hole in a rhinoceros and blows it up with dynamite

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jerry Cotton posted:

I was in that Tall Tower in Macao (no idea what it's called) and they have glass windows in the floor and I stepped on one and there was a loud CRACK and everyone just froze and I nearly shat myself but it was just a small pebble on the glass I stepped on. Welp that's my story of pretty intensity high up hope you enjoyed it god bless.

i think it's called macau tower, mate

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol delta flyer. nbd just workin on my hot rod shuttle craft. gently caress you voyager!!

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

pram posted:

lol delta flyer. nbd just workin on my hot rod shuttle craft. gently caress you voyager!!

when you are stuck 60 years from human space you go space mad.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tom paris was the least likeable character on a show that had neelix, and the least memorable on a show that had harry kim.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Sagebrush posted:

tom paris was the least likeable character on a show that had neelix, and the least memorable on a show that had harry kim.

and what did they do with Chakotay from season 3-7?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I wanna get indisputably naked in one of those half mile high clear-bottomed pool

oof

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

C.H.O.M.E posted:

yeah, man some of the tintin stuff is so amazingly racist I couldn't read it anymore. when I was a child and I didn't really understand how racist caricatures worked it was good reading though

The only reason it stands out is because no other comics with similar subject matter from that era have really survived to this day. (I don't mean copies are not available, just that no-one has cared enough to read them for decades.) Some Spirou stuff I've read is pretty jarring as well.

Just remembered this came out only this year:

(Le Maître des Hosties Noires)

e: I forgot about Carl Barks (although this is from 1949 I think)

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 14, 2017

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.

long live the new flesh

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

NoneMoreNegative posted:

absolutely 100% real backpack nukes scouts honour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

C.H.O.M.E posted:

I still have a French version of Tintin au Congo (the one with updated art and color) somewhere, definitely a fun read for both its racist aspects and the absolutely hosed-up poo poo Tintin does to animals.

I also have a Smurfs comic where there's a one-pager where the joke is implying some random smurf is about to hang himself because Smurfette shot him down (the joke being that he's actually building a swing).

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

holy poo poo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tintin au Cannibal Holocaust

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Still one of my fav vidyas ever

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

i keep clicking accept but nothing's happening

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Roosevelt posted:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

Tintin au Congo would have been much better if it had the same ending as Cannibal Holocaust.

Man somewhere out there is a probably-French site and/or magazine that really likes doing Photoshop Phridays with Tintin covers.

univbee fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 14, 2017

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

No need for a Decline button, pls.

Hide it then stretch the Accept button to fill the space.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i'll always decline torturing animals

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

just a couple of enlightened buckaroos clearing the spaceways with their chakras

Ninja Dan
Jun 28, 2005

Barn door's open!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Purrince Randian

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

it iiiit it's pop music - pop music from the 80s morty! but all slowed down

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Roosevelt posted:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

univbee posted:

I still have a French version of Tintin au Congo (the one with updated art and color) somewhere, definitely a fun read for both its racist aspects and the absolutely hosed-up poo poo Tintin does to animals.

I also have a Smurfs comic where there's a one-pager where the joke is implying some random smurf is about to hang himself because Smurfette shot him down (the joke being that he's actually building a swing).

oh my god the skin suit

there would be blood EVERYWHERE

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

C.H.O.M.E posted:

oh my god the skin suit

yeah i don't think he drew an accurate depiction of the results of inserting dynamite into a rhinoceros either

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the spielberg tintin movie was the best indiana jones movie since the last crusade

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010

C.H.O.M.E posted:

oh my god the skin suit

ya, everyone is upset about this because of the incrediably lazy plot hole right?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I read a whole bunch of the late-ish Tintin comics as a kid (I remember Red Rackham's Treasure, a moon landing, something about Indian fakirs, the Chicago mob, the Wild West, Japan, and maybe a few others) and absolutely loved them.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

that's some baby poo poo, try the cn tower's

1,122 feet above anything you'd hit

that's not the cn tower dumbass

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

that's not the cn tower dumbass