Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
summon fuckin' spider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Orv posted:

Straight from a notepad;

Where did you get all that? Maybe i can link it in the OP.
Ooohh, there was a stream yesterday, i was horribly out of it all day and spaced out on that. I'll link this post in the OP since it has a lot of good condensed info in it.

Unrelated, i binged all the LoTR movies yesterday while fixing my sleepschedule and i'm really hoping to meet some iconic Mordor characters like Shelobs and maybe the Mouth of Sauron. Shelobs is sounding more and more plausible with this spider news and at the very least we are gonna meet the ringwraiths which is supercool in it self.

Orv posted:

Regions are different difficulty levels, you see higher level and more challenging orcs the deeper into Mordor you get

Awww, i didn't like that about the original, it made it pointless to revisit the first region.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 14, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm pretty sure they've said there's a balrog in the game, and they'd be super dumb to not have Shelob when the game starts almost next door to her lair.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

and they'd be super dumb to not have Shelob when the game starts almost next door to her lair.

Certainly, but even Sauron wasn't mad enough to try to tame her. He just left her alone as a 'natural' blockade.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Sindai posted:

I'm pretty sure they've said there's a balrog in the game

Oh yeah for sure, they even show one in the announcement trailer, i hope its balls to the wall hard to fight.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
god i hope they have easterlings or harradan or black numnerions. i want some humies to fight.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bloodly posted:

Certainly, but even Sauron wasn't mad enough to try to tame her. He just left her alone as a 'natural' blockade.

I am dumb and i could ask my tolkien fanatic gf, but what is shelobs deal. isnt she the daughter of the spider who ate the two trees?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am dumb and i could ask my tolkien fanatic gf, but what is shelobs deal. isnt she the daughter of the spider who ate the two trees?

Ungoliant, yes

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Iron Crowned posted:

Ungoliant, yes

I only know that name from people playing Angband, but wasn't that the spider that ate everything to the point it actually ate all light around it and then ate itself or something?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zaodai posted:

I only know that name from people playing Angband, but wasn't that the spider that ate everything to the point it actually ate all light around it and then ate itself or something?

i wouldnt know. I like middle earth lore (love the books and the original movies) enough but alot of it is extremely dry yet overly prosy to me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god i hope they have easterlings or harradan or black numnerions. i want some humies to fight.
They've said you don't fight humans.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bloodly posted:

If Talion is crazy/badass enough to dominate a Nazgul, I think he's crazy/badass enough to tame Shelob.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Zaodai posted:

Pretty much. Eats light, shits a dark that actively drains light out of everything. Nearly killed Morgoth(He tried to cheat her on the deal they made....she wasn't having ANY of it), but Balrogs came running at his yelling in pain and drove her off. The yell is still echoing around that area.

No one knows what happened to her after that; the eating herself is an 'it is said'.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

It doesn't have to be Shelob herself, theres probably some lesser giant spiders out there, like the Mirkwood spiders for example

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Pakled posted:

If Talion is crazy/badass enough to dominate a Nazgul, I think he's crazy/badass enough to tame Shelob.

Its almost certainly going to end in a "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal" I know it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Josef bugman posted:

Its almost certainly going to end in a "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal" I know it.

Well, orcs can turn against you now so I would be shocked if anything stronger could even be branded tbh.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Your two avatars make me so happy.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The one tidbit of info I didn't note down under Allies is that de Plater said we won't be able to fight/hurt humans in the game, so I suspect Gondorians are the only humans this time around.

Also hey, hey, I'm not an autist. I'm just the conductor of the Mordor hype train and I take those duties very seriously. :colbert:

Orv fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 14, 2017

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Orv posted:

Your two avatars make me so happy.

The one tidbit of info I didn't note down under Allies is that de Plater said we won't be able to fight/hurt humans in the game, so I suspect Gondorians are the only humans this time around.

Thank you, I think my one is one of my better purchases.

A shame, I'd like to see us get booted from Mordor and then have to step up the fight in Harad.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If you really care about the LotR timeline, here's a lot of half answers about SoW for you.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sindai posted:

They've said you don't fight humans.

aww :( i mean thats fine but still kinda lame. thanks for the info.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Choice quote for all the spider talk

quote:

IGN: Have you ever been tempted to go into any of the weird stuff like barrow wights and Shelob and anything that surrounds the text there in Mordor?

Mike: We've definitely got more stuff to show at some point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On Shelob it should be noted that she is super strong. Like she could easily slaughter the entire fortress next to her lair. Even stuff like Trolls can't harm her. Her body is too tough for normal weapons to harm and magic ones still need a ton of strength behind them to harm her. Sam only succeeded in driving her off because Shelob accidentally used her own strength to stab herself with the dagger when trying to sting him.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

aww :( i mean thats fine but still kinda lame. thanks for the info.

I think it might be because it'd be impossible to start hacking of limbs from people without it getting banned in a fair few countries.

Also I am really impressed with how monolith are talking to people, this constant stream of info and videos is really well done considering there is still a long time till release.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I said it before and I'll keep saying it, Monolith's press tour before SoM was so utterly perfectly handled that it took SoM from "Yeah that might be to cool" to :gizz: for me in the space of an afternoon.

Regrettably (but understandably) they started a little early this time around, but it's good that they're still trying to get as much info as they can from between the cyclopean jaws of marketing.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
IGN video about skillz:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/855088688430063616

I couldn't find a youtube version :negative:

edit: hell yeah, poison tendril! it was often so awkward trying to poison the grog without getting seen

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 20, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dongattack posted:

IGN video about skillz:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/855088688430063616

I couldn't find a youtube version :negative:

edit: hell yeah, poison tendril! it was often so awkward trying to poison the grog without getting seen

It's nice that they're finding more uses for the focus bar. In SoM I barely ever paid much attention to it and skipped most of the runes related to focus simply because you rarely ever needed to pull our your bow in a hurry.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I like all the new ways they've come up with to use your ghost buddy.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I really like all the ways to improve your muderghost buddy.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I bet there is a possession ability where Celebrimbor walks an orc into a group and explodes him.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I bet there is a possession ability where Celebrimbor walks an orc into a group and explodes him.

If so, I hope the orc is speaking gibberish praising the Bright Lord as he walks in.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

I think it might be because it'd be impossible to start hacking of limbs from people without it getting banned in a fair few countries.

Also I am really impressed with how monolith are talking to people, this constant stream of info and videos is really well done considering there is still a long time till release.

true. and its awsome that they are talking about the game so much.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

What I hope they add is being able to use the bow while vaulting over an enemy.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
this is some very slick marketing for sure but at least they are showing off features and content and not just flashy trailers

their stream host hypeman is kinda grating but far from the worst of his kind

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Zaodai posted:

If so, I hope the orc is speaking gibberish praising the Bright Lord as he walks in.
He does so by shaking the hell out of the orc until dizzy and sets him in their direction. Just like the Overlord.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Scalding Coffee posted:

He does so by shaking the hell out of the orc until dizzy and sets him in their direction. Just like the Overlord.

No, I mean the orc is, true suicide bomber style.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
New vid mostly about drakes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nJJfWXmkY

Didn't think this one was very interesting, mostly stuff we already knew with a lot of footage we've already seen sprinkled with some "i know stuff i can't talk about yet".
Still probably at least 1 more IGN vid to come tho, wonder if they will look at nemesis stuff.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 21, 2017

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

it had a troll throwing a snowball at a dragon what more do you want

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dongattack posted:

New vid mostly about drakes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nJJfWXmkY

Didn't think this one was very interesting, mostly stuff we already knew with a lot of footage we've already seen sprinkled with some "i know stuff i can't talk about yet".
Still probably at least 1 more IGN vid to come tho, wonder if they will look at nemesis stuff.

I don't think we've seen most of the dragon flight footage, that's pretty loving baller.
Especially being able to shadow strike mount them holy poo poo

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Deakul posted:

I don't think we've seen most of the dragon flight footage, that's pretty loving baller.
Especially being able to shadow strike mount them holy poo poo

tbf, you could shadow strike mount caragors and graugs in the first game, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
They shadow strike mounted the drake in the first gameplay vid also, that 15 min one and a lot of the footage in this vid is from the same vid. There was a lot of news stuff too tho, mounting beasts and being even more overpowered just never appealed to me. I used caragors sometimes to travel tho, cool little beasts.

• Locked thread