Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Shadow of Mordor was 2014s latest romp through Tolkiens universe, taking a different approach and showing us the inner workings of Mordor and the ork forces/hierarchy. It basically was Arkhams Batman in LoTR, down to having the same combat system, but with a deeper emphasis on stealth, assassination and infiltration and with some new tricks to make it stand out. This 2017 sequel so far promises to be more of the same, only deeper and more polished.

The games main selling point for many will most likely be the Nemesis system. The Nemesis system is a dynamic RNG kinda thing that generates orks with unique appearances, skills and backstory based on your interaction with them in the world. Kill some random ork on the field and some time later he might reappear with a grudge as a miniboss type enemy. Kill him again and maybe he even cheats death again and comes back as GORBAG THE PUS-EATER and only communicates in labored breathing and maniacal laughter.

Shadow of War has refined the Nemesis system to now include dynamic allies with important skills, dynamic set piece boss battles and dynamic sieges of Mordors various castles. It has also expanded the nemesis system to include friendly uruks that remembers how you treat them and can both save and betray you accordingly.

:siren:The July 17th update :siren:
The July 17th update brings with it a whole host of changes. Most notably the shortening of the Shadow Wars, new Legendary gear (from the Shadow Wars), the removal of the in-game store and microtransactions and an increased chance for captains to cheat death in the endgame.
For a more comprehensive list of changes, either watch this video or click the link below it for the patch changelog. Don't do it if you haven't played the game tho, as there are spoilers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly4iPsE0mgg
https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Middle-earth-Shadow-of-War-Patch-14-July-17-2018/td-p/1882311

The Blade of Galadriel story DLC is out in the US and out tomorrow in the EU when i'm writing this. It is a standalone story/map much like the DLC for the previous game, but we do get some improvements to the core game as well:

Nemesis System Enhancements – Orc Captains (whether friends or foes) can exhibit new traits and behaviors, adding further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, such as:
Tunnel Rat – Orcs can burrow into the ground and summon Ghûls.
Sniper Shot – Archers can fire from great distances with pinpoint accuracy.
Tremor – Ologs can pound the earth with tremendous force, staggering nearby threats and heavily damaging structures.
Gifts of Treasure – Followers can now bring players the gift of a Treasure Orc, providing even more ways to earn Gems and Mirian.
Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customizing in-game action shots.
Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign.
Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment.
Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more.
Field of View Options – More ways for players to customize the user interface and scale their field of view.
Dark Talion will get actual new voice clips to replace the missing SUFFER ME NOW. (!)

Removed in the July 17th update! And there was much rejoicing.

Cirofren posted:

Game is good, and nice and tough on nemesis. I have one Orc, Maug, who I need to sort out some tactics for before I take on again, he has these things he throws that I can't even see and explode into a fine white mist taking a quarter of my health with them, and if he gets the final blow there's no last chance. Instead of the button prompt it even shows some text saying I don't get a chance and he pulls out a special hook knife to gut me with.

So I'm avoiding him and trying to find some Orcs lower than my level to recruit. I get a mystic then decide to go a Captain v. Captain quest.

These two captains are going at it, I jump in, summon the mystic, and immediately this huge Orog captain appears calling me a coward, he grabs my new mystic buddy in one hand and slams him to the ground, where he lays bleeding to death for the rest of the fight. RIP my first recruit.

I kill one captain, shame another, and as I'm about to start working on the Orog captain loving Maug the rear end in a top hat shows up. Turns out the first guy was his blood brother. He's Maug the avenger now, Warcheif.

MadDogMike posted:

Only had uruks coming back from the dead twice, but I swear the game had a perfect sense of who to pick for it. First resurrecting captain I got was the very first one I downed; he pops back up with the title "the Survivor" and proceeds to merely harass me through several defeats. Second one was my bodyguard who decided to betray me in the middle of my trying to down an enemy captain inside a fortress. As I had spent some time and effort leveling him this was rather unfortunate, though I managed to kill him then. But sure enough he pops up several more times, each time ranting about how I sucked as a boss. Nemesis system is simply AMAZING this time around. Though I wish it hadn't sent an olog with 5-6 levels on me and the trait for massive hit points and an immunity to fire and poison, I'm not sure how in hell to bring him down before he adapts to whatever I use.

Sindai posted:

My first recruit and long time bodyguard olog in Seregost suddenly betrayed and murdered me tonight, I guess because I'd swapped bodyguards. :smith:

So I did the only reasonable thing: I hunted him down and shamed him until he went deranged and lost iron will, then tracked him to that little cave in Seregost where deranged/shamed captains go to cry, and recruited him again. Then I threw him into the champion fighting pit against someone with 10 levels on him, whereupon he reminded me of why I liked him so much by enraging and crushing the poor guy almost instantly. First time I've won the a champion level arena fight.

I forgive you, buddy. :unsmith:

The cool thing about this game is that when I first started it up tonight I planned on polishing off some story missions, and instead I spent a good hour or so managing my personal relationships with orcs.

Untrustable posted:

Yesterday I found an orc that had a face on the side of his face. A little tiny second face. He was called Dush The Twin or something. He wrecked my poo poo and then humiliated me and left. I quit out for the night but his rear end, and by extension his tiny second face's rear end, is mine tomorrow.

Karanas posted:

Hear Ye Hear ye. Gather 'round to hear the tale of Ghura the Branded. So once upon a time I was wondering: what's up with those pale, almost naked orcs with a brand on the forehead? For the hell of it I let myself be killed by one and lo and behold, turns out they're slave. This particular slave's name was Ghura and he psyced as hell that no one would ever spit on him again. "Cool" I thought, I'm gonna turn him and make him my bodyguard. Unfortunatly he takes the first opportunity to betray me, that is when I call on him when I'm already fighting two captains. I slip up and he makes the killing blow, making him epic, the ungrateful bastard.

But then he challenges Cirith Ungol's Overlord and replaces him. You go buddy, now no one can ever look down on you:unsmith:. But now my nightmare begins.

I don't know how, but he suddenly gains 10 levels on me with no weaknesses and enrages to pretty drat much everything. I try again and again to kill him but he beats me down in two or three hits each time and levels up everytime he kills me. (Playing on nemesis with no counter marker btw). Until one blessed moment I remember to bring my bodyguard for added support. I finally kill him, get a nifty cloak and gain Cirith Ungol. Farewell Ghura, we hardly knew ye.

Of course once I reach Seregoth it turns out about 15 min later that he cheated death and is now legendary. He promptly kills my rear end and of course goes on to kill Seregoth's overlord because he's a total pussy compared to him. So now I have a lv55 legendary poisonous overlord to deal with when I'm only 40. He kills me in literally one hit and he has , without a doubt, the most kills on me than any other orcs in my playthrough and I don't know what to doooooooo:cry:.

All this because I got curious about orc slaves.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I started a run on Nemesis difficulty yesterday, and Act I has been a bit crazy so far.

The second captain I killed was some unremarkable Tracker named Bolg that I cleaved, only for him to ambush me as "Bolg the Machine", having been mostly grafted with orcish robot bits, and deciding that orc cyborgs are the future and that flesh must be purged. Including mine. Since I was in another tough fight at he time, it ends poorly.

During the Nemesis mission, after like a 30 minute fight (complete with him getting up the first time I knock him out), he says some line about "You can kill flesh, but you can't kill the machine!!!" before I cleave him again.

He has since been on my rear end like a Terminator all through Minas Ithyll, having ambushed me at least five times, saying that every time I cut him it only purifies him of his inferior flesh. He has been stabbed, cleaved, dismembered, shot in the head and burned multiple times to date, only to come back stronger each time. He has super strength, a rapid-fire bow, liberally sprinkles traps everywhere, draws other orcs towards me, and being a tracker, he can track me down anywhere so fighting him has been very much a cat and mouse game. Since this is the beginning of the game, access to poison (his one weakness) has been a little lacking, so I couldn't really capitalize on it. I fully expect him to be waiting for me once I return from the first Shelob consultation.

I loving love this game.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I got this game in the sale, and I've already got a STORY.

In Gorgoroth, there was an Olog called Ar-Henok the Guardian, and he was the captain for a warchief I don't remember. Ar-Henok was very big, and had a kickass hat made out of bones. I wanted him for my army, but there was one problem: Iron Will

I beat him, and shamed him. This did not break his will, but it certainly affected him. He ambushed me so frequently that I could basically guarantee him showing up in the middle of any big fight. Every time he did that, I shamed him but it didn't break his will. Eventually, he was lvl1 and I went after his warchief. In the fight, the other captains went rogue and killed their boss, and cut off Ar-Henok's head while the Gravewalker watched from a nearby rooftop. Ar-Henok got set on fire then 1-shot and went down like a chump. For a moment I was sad at losing out on an olog with a cool hat, but then I moved on.

A couple of hours later, a familiar face ambushes me. I say familiar, but Ar-Henok's face is hosed up. Half of it is a ragged mess of burns, and it appears he's stitched his own head back on. He's lost his hat, but he hasn't lost his iron will. Despite his loss of a hat, he'd proven to me that he had what it took to be in the bright lord's army, so I shamed him to try and break him.

This was apparently one shame too many. Ar-Henok the Stitch is now hatless, lvl49, and communicates only via high-pitched screams. He loves to ambush, but now I cannot deal with him. He has no major weaknesses, he's enraged by everything (not "enraged by everything" the stat, like he's enraged by five different common individual things and he will rage every single fight) and he can down Talion in a single hit. I'll be Gravewalkin' along minding my own business, and Ar-Henok the Stitch will come screaming out of the bushes and utterly destroy me. He's killed three bodyguards and shows no sign of stopping. He still has his iron will and hopefully he's on his way to acquiring a new hat. He's a train made out of flesh, catgut and screams. He puts every other orc utterly to shame and I made him.

This game surprisingly has a bit of (optional) ranked and unranked online gameplay to it. It functions a lot like FOBs from Metal Gear 5:

You set up a online fortress complete with uruks of your choice and people siege it or you siege other players fortresses.
If you are the defender you lose nothing if your fortress fails to defend itself, you also cannot be there yourself to defend it. There is no PvP.
If you are the attacker you can still lose the uruks you bring to the fight just as if it was regular gameplay.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/178416861 for those that want to check out some goon fortresses, you will have to add people to your friendslist to be able to lay siege to their fortresses in UNRANKED online play.

We also have this:

Vendettas also make a return, beefier than ever! If someone on your friends list die to a captain, you may get a vendetta mission to go and take revenge on behalf of your friend. These are no longer quite as simple as in SoM, but can now be much more intricate. But i'll leave you to discover that yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLnBUI3ysDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-O0Aw6WXko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ7aLU6rHLk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIcKv1YCO3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvmM5V_-M2s

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Just watched the gameplay trailer and I am stunned they've made the Nemesis system even better. Can't wait to storm castles with my crazy orc buddies.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

It's cool that the orc says he's normally the forgiving type and from the first game I know that's a character trait he can actually have

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Agutter posted:

It's cool that the orc says he's normally the forgiving type and from the first game I know that's a character trait he can actually have

Haha, that's true, i missed that.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
Proud to be working on this!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was already interested in this game from seeing the initial announcement (also because I loved the first one) and after watching that video...oh my god.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah looking forward to this. Though they probbably should have disabled the health bar so we could not see that they had auto regen on and unlimited use of special moves.

Anyway this is going to be cool.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

-A n i m 8- posted:

Proud to be working on this!

Nice, monolith has been a great dev for a long time

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
One of the best things about the first game was when you stormed the castle towards the end, and they have one of your Nemesis' come out to fight you again, and they manage to pick out the motherfucker that you had the most trouble with every drat time. If there was an orc that was truly my Nemesis, that fucker was the guy at the castle gate.

I really would love to see more moments like that happen here, where the game looks at what orcs you've been interacting with the most, and has them show up in different ways, hostile or otherwise. Not necessarily ones that every player would see, either.

Sdoots fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 8, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sdoots posted:

One of the best things about the first game was when you stormed the castle towards the end, and they have one of your Nemesis' come out to fight you again, and they manage to pick out the motherfucker that you had the most trouble with every drat time. If there was an orc that was truly my Nemesis, that fucker was the guy at the castle gate.

I really would love to see more moments like that happen here, where the game looks at what orcs you've been interacting with the most, and has them show up in different ways, hostile or otherwise. Not necessarily ones that every player would see, either.
I just got one random dude who managed to kill me once and had popped up a couple of times so I walked up and chopped his head off. The second half of the game was a bit too easy to make the nemesis thing memorable.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just got one random dude who managed to kill me once and had popped up a couple of times so I walked up and chopped his head off. The second half of the game was a bit too easy to make the nemesis thing memorable.

This was my main gripe with the original also. If you were at all experienced with Arkham combat it was very difficult to actually die and as such the game never seemed to generate any good nemesi for me, player dying was a integral part of that i guess.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Holy shiiiit it's better than I could have possibly imagined. :woop:

The crazy 5v5 final assault combined with all the ways your minions could interact with enemies were the highlights of the first game, doubling down on those things is the best they could have done. GOTY 2017.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 8, 2017

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
CG Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__N7mt5Clwg

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I cannot wait for this game. Honestly, make as many of these games as you want, I don't give a poo poo about the actual story. Just keep refining the Nemesis system because it's the best thing ever and I want it ported to more games. In the first one, I went out of my way not to decapitate people just so there would be a better chance for them to show up again. I threw one dude off a bridge, into fire and shot him in the head and by the 3rd time he showed up he was keeping his brains in his head with a chunk of metal bolted to his skull. It was great. Can't wait to make more friends this time with the system refinement.

Also hope they keep the crazy dialogue from when you died that heavily implied the orks were doing obscene things to your body. By the end of the game, I may have left 1000 corpses in Mordor. I'll beat Sauron by drowning his land in clone corpses.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I love that they've clearly just decided to dial everything up to 11 in that trailer. Having the courage to take something that was a little over the top into full on hyperviolence is awesome.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Dongattack posted:

This was my main gripe with the original also. If you were at all experienced with Arkham combat it was very difficult to actually die and as such the game never seemed to generate any good nemesi for me, player dying was a integral part of that i guess.

There was some random chance involved too. Some orcs got just the right combination of perks to be absolute bastards to actually fight.

Oh nice you're immune to ranged weapons, melee finishers, and stealth. This should be a cake walk.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Barring a few small concerns that Talion may be too overpowered (It's hard to tell how much of that in the gameplay demo was just hours in and a skilled player or just them turning on god mode), but this is easily on my to buy list. Might actually convince me to rebuy the original and finally buy the DLC- was it any good?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

GoneRampant posted:

Barring a few small concerns that Talion may be too overpowered (It's hard to tell how much of that in the gameplay demo was just hours in and a skilled player or just them turning on god mode), but this is easily on my to buy list. Might actually convince me to rebuy the original and finally buy the DLC- was it any good?

Meh. I wouldn't replay the game for it.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
One thing I'm glad they did is make it so branded uruks can betray you. You pretty much had zero reason not to brand uruks in the last game so this is a welcomed change.

Also brandable trolls? :getin:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

BillBear posted:

One thing I'm glad they did is make it so branded uruks can betray you. You pretty much had zero reason not to brand uruks in the last game so this is a welcomed change.

Also brandable trolls? :getin:

Yeah, I'm hoping there's more limits and consequences to branding.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Spikeguy posted:

I cannot wait for this game. Honestly, make as many of these games as you want, I don't give a poo poo about the actual story. Just keep refining the Nemesis system because it's the best thing ever and I want it ported to more games. In the first one, I went out of my way not to decapitate people just so there would be a better chance for them to show up again. I threw one dude off a bridge, into fire and shot him in the head and by the 3rd time he showed up he was keeping his brains in his head with a chunk of metal bolted to his skull. It was great. Can't wait to make more friends this time with the system refinement.

Also hope they keep the crazy dialogue from when you died that heavily implied the orks were doing obscene things to your body. By the end of the game, I may have left 1000 corpses in Mordor. I'll beat Sauron by drowning his land in clone corpses.
It didn't get that far since he gets killed by some random after switching maps. I could have spent a couple hours trying to promote him and get bodyguards or see more of the game. Never got to see a poet live longer than an hour on my side.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If all those flashing lights on the map at the end of the gameplay video are meant to be fortresses there's like 20 of them, which seems crazy if there's an overlord, a few warchiefs, and a bunch of captains for every one.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Sindai posted:

If all those flashing lights on the map at the end of the gameplay video are meant to be fortresses there's like 20 of them, which seems crazy if there's an overlord, chiefs, and a bunch of captains for every one.

There's going to be a lot of content but the question remains: how samey is it going to be?

Despite people gushing over the Nemesis system it only produced a couple of interesting outcomes over my entire run of SoM. Most of the time it was the same old stuff with a new face and few new voice lines.

I am not saying this to be a prick, btw. I'm interested in this new title. But the gushing about Nemesis basically boils down to getting excited about a few randomized coats of paint, a couple of flags that get checked and trigger a comment later, and the occasionally goofy situations that occur when 4 near-invincible Orc Captains show up and turn a regular melee into an insane scrum. Much more interested in seeing if they fixed the core gameplay issues, or pulled an Assassin's Creed by papering over them with RPG loot and progression treadmills.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That'll be the real improvement that makes me want to get the game. I want the nemesis system doing something every couple of minutes. And a good way to do that I think is what they say they are doing: by making it do more than just make enemies.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Dongattack posted:

I started encountering nemesi in really high population areas with invulnerabilities to things I was relying on. The new abilities they gained on my death were even more invulnerabilities. Eventually, they were seemingly indestructible.

I was having half hour long fights against swarm after swarm of orc, while one of these assholes laughed every time I ended up hitting him with an attack. It was both fun as hell, and infuriating.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This looks real good.

Also, it sounds like the game is going to try to take territory back from you, with how it talks about how one of the orcs you could promote could help defend against attacks with sorcery.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My favorite part of the game is how you grab an orc and turn into a ghost and then the main character says something badass as he rapes the orcs mind.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I am looking forward to Orc Politics Simulator 2017.

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

I'm going to make friends with every orc, whether they want to or not.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

This looks pretty good and well-timed as I'm currently re-reading LOTR.

I understand that obviously they have the make the game about Mordor and rings and familiar poo poo, but I'd love to have a game in the same vein set in the First Age of Middle Earth, give me a "lore accurate" Turin Turambar game.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Man I'm already dreaming up ways to troll orcs in this.

We already know we can have friendlies infiltrate enemy territory. They set up traps and ambushes and poo poo. That owns. But to what extent? Like can I walk in on an Overlord and his cronies, listen to his speech, and sadly shake my head and walk out, tossing "I've already won" over my shoulder as his cronies shank him Caesar-style because they're really MY cronies? Please say yes!

They mentioned stealth gameplay. Can I waltz into one of these areas solo, build up my army in secret, then take it over from within without storming the gates as the various captains scream obscenities at their (former) armies? Please say yes!

Is there a cross-region nemesis that will crash my party, kill me, make a reference to giving my corpse a Cleveland Steamer, and laugh at me when I return? And then I get my revenge by finding out he hates bugs, luring him into a jungle, then pinning him to a tree while I shoot every nearby hornet's nest? Please say yes!

And please for the love of god let there be orcs who are literally scared of everything (including the player character) like in the first game.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Question for LOTR nerds: What does a ring of power actually do?

You forge a new one in this game, but what does this mean. Does it give you +4d6 damage or +20% critical chance or is it just something vague like power.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I am not saying this to be a prick, btw.

It kinda sounds like you are.

Anyhoo,looking forwards to playing House of Cards:Mordor Edition.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Question for LOTR nerds: What does a ring of power actually do?

Lets you rape minds.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

VolticSurge posted:

It kinda sounds like you are.

I'm sorry that my tempered enthusiasm for marketing fluff reads like that. I knew it would to some of the more...shall we say, "fragile" Games posters.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
things i saw that i liked.

i liked more orc variation

holy gently caress, even more gore and dismemberment.

combat still looks fun and more powers

questions.

so is it still open world. it said it still was in the trailer, but it looks like you just pick fortress fights :(

also what kind of trolls were those?

also was the narrator the same voice actress who plays Diana in the hitman games, because it sounds like her.

also love the joker orc.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 9, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

questions.

so is it still open world. it said it still was in the trailer, but it looks like you just pick fortress fights :(

also what kind of trolls were those?

1. I'm pretty sure it's still got the open-world map. Those orcs didn't brand themselves, after all.

2.Olog-Hai.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It's an open world game, you run around building up your army in each region, you do the fortress assaults as the "capstone" to bring each region under your control.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's an open world game, you run around building up your army in each region, you do the fortress assaults as the "capstone" to bring each region under your control.

it looks like at the ending that their are a gently caress ton of fortresses, least 15 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
According to the giant bomb video they said each fortress map is the same size as one of the maps from the first game.

• Locked thread