Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

it doesn't go to level four or above until the end of august

I wondered about that, I figured they would freeze it or something. I imagine the game is nice enough to just keep a backlog of all the gained trust or however they track the slink values

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It speeds up quite a bit after rank 4, too. It's more in line with other links. The fact that you need to wait to August to advance is probably why it's so slow at first.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
free clothes
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/persona-5-regular-clothes-school-uniforms-set/cid=UP2611-NPUB31848_00-ADDCONTENT000029

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

think I'm gonna play this on merciless when I do since I just found out that it exists.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only difference between hard and merciless is that you get less money and xp which just sounds boring to me. The damage modifiers aren't any different

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

The only difference between hard and merciless is that you get less money and xp which just sounds boring to me. The damage modifiers aren't any different

fail...after the difficulties in smt4 apocalypse I expected better

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think hard should probably be enough to satisfy even you, EE. I played on Hard for most of the game but decided I'd had enough after the boss of the penultimate dungeon took me like 4 tries. It was fun though.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Why is Sojiro's s.link stuck at 2 for me?? No matter how many times I hang out with him it never changes. I gotta be missing something

Sojiro's social link is back loaded by plot events, if you just learn to make all the types of coffee you'll be able to rank up pretty quickly after a -certain point-

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Im gonna kill this loving cat

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HORMELCHILI posted:

Im gonna kill this loving cat

rude

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

"Saving now is highly suggested, as the story will proceed greatly soon. Save now?" Right before I have to go to work. Gah!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I changed the VO to Japanese so my six year old could listen to the music without hearing them say drat all the time

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Confidant question

So far the two women I've gotten to rank 9 both had the romance options come up then. Do all the girls have the choice come at rank 9?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fumaofthelake posted:

Confidant question

So far the two women I've gotten to rank 9 both had the romance options come up then. Do all the girls have the choice come at rank 9?

yeah afaik this is accurate, it's always rank 9 and don't worry about loving it up either way bc the game warns you that your choices may have consequences there

also can the thread title change "month" to "year" or is that premature

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The battle theme in this game is basically Ether

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Sometimes I still hum some of the Persona 3 music but can't really remember any of 4. I wonder where 5 will end up in my mind.

Also thanks for confidant info... wanna just pick 1 so I get the valentine or Christmas or whatever holiday it is this time scene and don't want to get blindsided by a choice

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Is there a way to tell if a door in Mementos is unlocked other than going there to check?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Is there a way to tell if a door in Mementos is unlocked other than going there to check?

They open after you clear a palace so far, I think they're just parallel to the story.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Technically it's not clearing the palace it's clearing the palace and the related event going public

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah its the end of the palace timer and it probably will give you a heads-up to check out mementos. theres no downside to getting up to the door before though so you can jump right in when its unlocked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mishima has also given me a new target at the door whenever it's avail

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
We fought valiantly against the cables.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This Temperance confidant is...yeah

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah its the end of the palace timer and it probably will give you a heads-up to check out mementos. theres no downside to getting up to the door before though so you can jump right in when its unlocked

Probably after the 3-4 day chunk of events after every pally

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
makoto, i will impress all of your friends with my charm

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i really like how the difficulty curve in the palaces is such that if you've been doing mementos, keeping up on personas, and have a few of the time consuming items for sp you can totally clear it all in one night, but its very challenging

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Once I bought 4 SP recovery bracelets from Dr Death it hasn't been an issue

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i should really just grind out the money for that, now that i have the discount

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hubris.height posted:

i really like how the difficulty curve in the palaces is such that if you've been doing mementos, keeping up on personas, and have a few of the time consuming items for sp you can totally clear it all in one night, but its very challenging

Yeah I managed to do the third palace in one night, it was a little hairy at times but it's totally doable

In Training posted:

Once I bought 4 SP recovery bracelets from Dr Death it hasn't been an issue

drat what rank do those unlock at?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Third palace in one night was rough... I used almost every item I had. Fourth palace in one night was no problem.

Good confidants can make a huge difference.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yeah I managed to do the third palace in one night, it was a little hairy at times but it's totally doable

7 I believe. Or they unlock before then but w/o the discount they're prohibitively expensive

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pablo Gigante posted:

i just finished the 5th in one night, the fourth was the hardest to do in a night

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

7 I believe. Or they unlock before then but w/o the discount they're prohibitively expensive

Cool. I think I'm up to 4 with her I think, I haven't seen it yet but I haven't been to the clinic in a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She's a shockingly bad doctor and frankly I'm surprised that she still a licensed professional.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

In Training posted:

She's a shockingly bad doctor and frankly I'm surprised that she still a licensed professional.

You mean because of her wildly irresponsible research or because she'll throw down with a high schooler in a dusty attic?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fumaofthelake posted:

Third palace in one night was rough... I used almost every item I had. Fourth palace in one night was no problem.

Good confidants can make a huge difference.

i made it like 98% of the way through the 3rd in one night, but just couldn't quite finish the last bit on fumes. :(

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I got the dr to rank 10 and im glad i did because she unlocks one od my favorite sonas. I picked the wrong choise to have sex with her tho becuase i keep picking the joke options oops.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Listening to juju and in the flat field with takemi....

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

If you beat a palace can u go back to it? I have some locked chests in the first one that I haven't opened yet and I' just at the boss now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

If you beat a palace can u go back to it? I have some locked chests in the first one that I haven't opened yet and I' just at the boss now

Nope, but I don't think anything in there is worth blowing an extra day on coming back for.

• Locked thread