Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I wish I was bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

SourDio

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

4 naan blondes

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope
Scone Temple Pilots. Bagel Eye Cherry. Also, Semolina Dunham.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Did they say Bon Hoagie?

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Funny stuff

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Stone Sourdough

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ol yeller posted:

Funny stuff

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

Crossaint Vincent

Pita Gabriel

David Doughie

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wheres the loving ep

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways
I'm 21 episodes in and thought I'd post a list of the best moments thus far:

1) the entire rape episode. Nick made some pretty chill points and the woman was pretty composed, too
2) Seth Dickfield
3) Nick's bit on Hemingway.
4) Nick's bit on Afghani's watching breast feeding videos
5) Jack Lemmon

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

hog fat posted:

4) Nick's bit on Afghani's watching breast feeding videos

Lol

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

hog fat posted:

I'm 21 episodes in and thought I'd post a list of the best moments thus far:

1) the entire rape episode. Nick made some pretty chill points and the woman was pretty composed, too

That's literally the worst episode. There's no jokes in it. And Nick wasn't chill either, it was one of the few times he actually got upset on the show. I mean he wasn't raging mad or anything but it was neither entertaining nor informative, just speculation about the UCB guy.

Unless you mean rape science, in which case, yeah that's one of the best.
https://youtu.be/x1tv-hFjg3A

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 14, 2017

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i remember after the rape ep everyone was like yikes nick defending a rapist then raperguy won a million dollar settlement for defamation and now its like lol nick was right

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

After the Jaime Kilstein scandal I went to his twitter(before he deleted it) to see if he addressed any of it and for some reason I was blocked. I wasn't really sure why until I heard the 1st episode of the podcast found out that Kilstein ran a bot that blocked anyone who followed Mullen on twitter.

What a weird, sad dude Kilstein was. I say was because I presume he's probably done in comedy.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

:rip:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
is that seth cockfield because i immediately read it in his voice

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

is that seth cockfield because i immediately read it in his voice

yes

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Rape science is a classic

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

*in extremely seth voice* Goodbye everybody!

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Was I doing comedy just to make friends? The answer is yes.

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

That's literally the worst episode. There's no jokes in it. And Nick wasn't chill either, it was one of the few times he actually got upset on the show. I mean he wasn't raging mad or anything but it was neither entertaining nor informative, just speculation about the UCB guy.

i thought it was a good episode, it wasnt full of riffs but its still a very listenable conversation. also i think its informative if you view it in a broader context - like title ix investigations, for example, which universities mostly immediately turned into a way of covering their own rear end at the expense of virtually every other party involved.

remember when amy schumer tried to distance herself from metzger by using "he doesn't work for me" to mean "well we're between seasons so technically he's unemployed". cant imagine why his brain has flipped upside down and he thinks political correctness has gone mad

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i remember after the rape ep everyone was like yikes nick defending a rapist then raperguy won a million dollar settlement for defamation and now its like lol nick was right

what?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Aaron Glaser allegedly got a $700k payout from UCB.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

And now he's suing for like 20 million in damages. Which is kinda crazy because his career isn't even worth a twentieth of that.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

worried that nick has killed himself

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

BBJoey posted:

worried that nick has killed himself

That'd be pretty funny

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

is it because he hasn't been on social media at all? didn't he get a strike on twitter and he can't post anyone unless he deletes a certain tweet and refuses to? i could've sworn I heard that a couple months ago.

i also could've sworn him saying he wanted to back away from the whole social media thing.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

he hasn't posted this week's ep

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

He died from autism. Rip

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I'm still running through the very early episodes of the podcast and am still on single digits. I think the last one I finished was 5 or 6 with Bonnie so I'm still very much green.

Who is this guy and what's his deal?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

:whitewater:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Also i'm probably going to end up skipping the Kurt Metzger episodes unless there's any reason not to

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
would still be down for a mass suicide w/ the cum boys in any event

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
thats hosed up

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

next ep better be twice as ironically racist or i'm cancelling my pledge

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i dont actually want to hear a skype version of cumtown, so whatever, godspeed

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
stav and adam should do it with jim norton until nick comes back

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

apparently nick is riding a train back to nyc which is the most nick mullen thing possible

• Locked thread