Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

the Orb of Zot posted:

Sadly, no. There's no way to get 3 mana on turn 2 in this standard, because WOTC are cowards.
T1: Forest, Loam Dryad. T2: Mountain, Ornithopter, tap creatures for a red, cast Glorious End.

T3: Plains, tap creatures for a white, Gideon, emblem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

T1: 4x Ornithopter
T2: Cryptolith Rite

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

odiv posted:

I tried this, and it's unfortunately not as great as it sounds.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

An opening hand of two lands, four ornithopters and an echantment sounds like feelbads.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

odiv posted:

T3: Rishkar's Expertise, stare at the opponent and ask if it resolves.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

I can't wait to play this right after my opponent has played that 4/3 minotaur for 1R and swings with it :)

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm going to have to put together amulet hive mind for modern. Glad I kept my azusas

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I didn't spot anyone posting this so:

Disposses
2B
Sorcery
Name an artifact card. Search target player's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with that name and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A long time ago I remember a discussion about getting foils signed, and some artists were commenting that they hated FTV foils because you couldn't use sharpies and had to use . . . some other type of permanent marker that didn't dry instantly.

Anyone here know what type of permanent marker they were talking about? My google skills are failing me.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Just a reminder for those who don't know that the LRR Pre-PreRelease is starting at 2 PM EDT. If you want to watch it, you can do so here: http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun.

For those who don't care about watching people play with the new set, that also means that the full spoiler will be dropped sometime before then, (since it doesn't make sense for WotC to let someone stream with cards that have not yet been spoiled.)

Also, Aaron Forsythe will be playing. So, that's cool.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Full spoiler today?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Man I'm super pumped for all the zombies. Is it worth going back to pick up the SoI/Eldritch Moon stuff if I'm getting back in? If yes, what'd be the best way to do that? If not then I'm fine cracking these open at draft and slam-jamming them together.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Alaan posted:

Full spoiler today?

Yeah, 11 eastern

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Inglonias posted:

Just a reminder for those who don't know that the LRR Pre-PreRelease is starting at 2 PM EDT. If you want to watch it, you can do so here: http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun.

For those who don't care about watching people play with the new set, that also means that the full spoiler will be dropped sometime before then, (since it doesn't make sense for WotC to let someone stream with cards that have not yet been spoiled.)

Also, Aaron Forsythe will be playing. So, that's cool.

I've tried to watch these the last couple of times but its full of people who are both not funny and not good at magic.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Well they keep inviting Wizards employees.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Firebatgyro posted:

I've tried to watch these the last couple of times but its full of people who are both not funny and not good at magic.

Siivola posted:

Well they keep inviting Wizards employees.
How could they not invite Rich Hagon? :eyepop:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Deleter posted:

Man I'm super pumped for all the zombies. Is it worth going back to pick up the SoI/Eldritch Moon stuff if I'm getting back in? If yes, what'd be the best way to do that? If not then I'm fine cracking these open at draft and slam-jamming them together.

I would bet that the best Zombie deck is still going to be UR. The black zombies are pretty terrible.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

You could probably make something neat with Lili the Last Hope and Wayward Servant.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Tapping their dudes at instant speed with cryptbreaker and binding mummy could be kind of neat. I don't know if the mana is there to support an esper deck that wants to curve out though.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

full spoiler is up http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/amonkhet

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

This set is very unexciting for standard constructed to me. Plenty of stuff that could make decks pop up in other formats though.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

No, it isn't. There are plenty of ommissions still, looking just at commons.

NVM - apparently I got an non-updated version of the page at first?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I can only see yesterday's gallery?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

TheMaestroso posted:

No, it isn't. There are plenty of ommissions still, looking just at commons.

NVM - apparently I got an non-updated version of the page at first?

Thank goodness.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
I think it's probably on a CDN or something, so people might get the updated page at different times

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Yeah, the CDN thing must be it. Kind of annoying since this is the only site I know of with this kind of delay.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Battle buddies! :unsmith:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Siivola posted:

Battle buddies! :unsmith:

x/w humans might really be a deck. This hitting a thalia's lieutenant might be a thing.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

this works with persist, right? :staredog:

oh I guess it's not any better than melira

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

I'm excited about this in limited. Doing this for just 3 dudes on turn 5 or 6 is fantastic.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

little munchkin posted:

Melira and Anafenza already exist.

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Chill la Chill posted:

How could they not invite Rich Hagon? :eyepop:

Probably because Rich lives in England and they don't have a travel budget (but they are only a few hours drive from Seattle).

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

http://mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/bonepicker.jpg

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

http://mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/faithofthedevoted.jpg Hey combo, whats up.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

TheMaestroso posted:

I'm excited about this in limited. Doing this for just 3 dudes on turn 5 or 6 is fantastic.

this owns so much

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

This seems really nice in a removal-heavy midrange deck. Turn two, fatal push their two-drop and play this guy.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

little munchkin posted:

oh I guess it's not any better than melira

You might run one copy, at a stretch. It's the fringe upside of not stranding one copy in your hand if you draw both, vs. the downside of not randomly hosing infect quite so much.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

http://mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/supernaturalstamina.jpg

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

uninverted posted:

This seems really nice in a removal-heavy midrange deck. Turn two, fatal push their two-drop and play this guy.

I think a flipped delver for 1 cmc is a pretty great in a deck where removing creatures is pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

http://mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/cancel.jpg

Look at this art. What a waste.

http://mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/galestrike.jpg

• Locked thread