Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

chutche2 posted:

Also, as Greenmarine shows, not everyone just "dealt with it" because he posted an image of a deimos rhino with a 40k storm bolter.

Yes. That person didn't get angry at people in this thread about his cupola though. They. just. dealt. with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

TTerrible posted:

Yes. That person didn't get angry at people in this thread about his cupola though. They. just. dealt. with it.

Presumably, that person didn't have a bunch of chucklefucks swarming around commenting without bothering to read anything.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It comes with a cupola you can put the two bolters in leaving the other cupola free.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

TTerrible posted:

It comes with a cupola you can put the two bolters in leaving the other cupola free.

Okay?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
So you can keep the twin linked bolter but also have a pintle weapon.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

TTerrible posted:

So you can keep the twin linked bolter but also have a pintle weapon.

You're correct, which is why I mentioned in my original post that it comes with cupolas for one rhino.

Why are you even still trying to answer a question that was never asked, hours after the discussion is over?

The pintle set comes with 5 sets of pintle weapons (2 MMs, 2 HFs, 1 HB), but you can only use 1 of them because it comes with cupolas for 1 rhino. I asked if I should just buy 40k bits. Greenmarine said that is what people do. I said I will buy 40k bits. Buying 40k bits means I will get more mounts without having to buy extra weapon sets just to throw away 20+ pintle weapons that I'll never use so that I can get some cupolas that are compatible with them. This has been resolved already, and I made it clear to you and to others 6+ hours ago that I know what the contents of the legion pintle weapon set is.

I'm sorry, but are you ESL? I don't mean to offend if you are, I just want to know where the communication breakdown is happening.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 14, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

chutche2 posted:

You're correct, which is why I mentioned in my original post that it comes with cupolas for one rhino.

Why are you even still trying to answer a question that was never asked, hours after the discussion is over?

The pintle set comes with 5 sets of pintle weapons (2 MMs, 2 HFs, 1 HB), but you can only use 1 of them because it comes with cupolas for 1 rhino. I asked if I should just buy 40k bits. Greenmarine said that is what people do. I said I will buy 40k bits. Buying 40k bits means I will get more mounts without having to buy extra weapon sets just to throw away 20+ pintle weapons that I'll never use so that I can get some cupolas that are compatible with them. This has been resolved already, and I made it clear to you and to others 6+ hours ago that I know what the contents of the legion pintle weapon set is.

I'm sorry, but are you ESL? I don't mean to offend if you are, I just want to know where the communication breakdown is happening.

You can use them all you put the bolters in the cupola with the two indentations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

No offense, but just drop it for now. You got the answers you needed and this thread is going to continue to overflow with shitposts until you stop responding. Come back tomorrow and all will be forgotten. :shobon:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

TTerrible posted:

You can use them all you put the bolters in the cupola with the two indentations.

Yes, and you get one of those for every 5 pintle weapons.

Safety Factor posted:

No offense, but just drop it for now. You got the answers you needed and this thread is going to continue to overflow with shitposts until you stop responding. Come back tomorrow and all will be forgotten. :shobon:

You're telling me to drop it, but it keeps getting dragged back up. I've said several times I'm happy to stop discussing it, and then more people start quoting me. And now that one of these people changed my avatar, it'll start again tomorrow if I post because for some reason this is the most important thing happening in their lives. I thought this place tended to have a better level of discussion than Reddit.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 14, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
My cupola brings all the boys to the yard,
And they're like
It's boltier than yours,
drat right,
It's boltier than yours,
I could provide you with an additional pintle mount kit,
But I have to charge

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I have seen and done things you people wouldn't believe
I’ve watched cupolas slam shut on the plains of terra
felt the confusion of FW product details glittering from my CRT in t he darkness of my basement
I have asked forbidden questions, and refused the answers from the void
I've been told to stop, and I quietly whisper into the darkness, no.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

chutche2 posted:

cupola.txt

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hixson posted:

I have seen and done things you people wouldn't believe
I’ve watched cupolas slam shut on the plains of terra
felt the confusion of FW product details glittering from my CRT in t he darkness of my basement
I have asked forbidden questions, and refused the answers from the void
I've been told to stop, and I quietly whisper into the darkness, no.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I want a cupola that overflows with love
Although it's not enough to fill my heart

I want a bolter full of love
Although I know it's not enough to fill my heart

I want a resin full of love
But then I know the holes will still remain

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Goddamn dude, just stop replying. So many people would survive so much longer in these threads if they'd just disengage their ego from the posting process.

That said, A Resin Cupola is A 30k Goon In A Well.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Xir posted:

Goddamn dude, just stop replying. So many people would survive so much longer in these threads if they'd just disengage their ego from the posting process.

That said, A Resin Cupola is A 30k Goon In A Well.

If you want to stop the shitposting, stop the shitposters. I don't see a reason to run away and hide because of them.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

chutche2 posted:

:eyepop:

chutche2 posted:

Yes, and you get one of those for every 5 pintle weapons.

You're telling me to drop it, but it keeps getting dragged back up. I've said several times I'm happy to stop discussing it, and then more people start quoting me. And now that one of these people changed my avatar, it'll start again tomorrow if I post because for some reason this is the most important thing happening in their lives. I thought this place tended to have a better level of discussion than Reddit.

mods please name change this nerd to "Frank Cuppola", thanks

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Recoome posted:

mods please name change this nerd to "Frank Cuppola", thanks

Close thread. We're done here.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
This goes without saying, but you're doing this on purpose for whatever purpose. I look forward to when you scurry back to the 40k thread to discuss how lovely the 30k grogs are.

In other news, my coworker snagged SW:A so I'll be playing that in the short term. I swear I'm close to getting him into 30k. I'm wearing him down.

As said elsewhere by lovelyjoestalin, the name should be "Cupola Bad Posts".

Xir fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 14, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Xir posted:

This goes without saying, but you're doing this on purpose for whatever purpose. I look forward to when you scurry back to the 40k thread to discuss how lovely the 30k grogs are.

In other news, my coworker snagged SW:A so I'll be playing that in the short term. I swear I'm close to getting him into 30k. I'm wearing him down.

Not sure why you're talking about the 40k thread? I barely use it, my army is intended for 30k primarily. It's just convenient that bolter marines are bolter marines, and my models can be repurposed for a 40k game if it's easier to get games that way. I mainly just check it for SWA stuff lately.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

poo poo I picked a bad time to ask if Questoris Battle Cannons had a model.

I'm just going to make some weird muzzle break to I can stick into a 40k BC when I want the extra -1S shot.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

moths posted:

poo poo I picked a bad time to ask if Questoris Battle Cannons had a model.

I'm just going to make some weird muzzle break to I can stick into a 40k BC when I want the extra -1S shot.

Sorry, I meant to reply to this. I think questoris is just the ingame name for all knights based on the plastic ones. I suspect the weapons are the same as the rapid fire battle cannon etc from 40k

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I really need to get a better lighting setup in here, so I can tell the difference between the black primer and the black paint I'm using over it. Want to keep it consistent.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

chutche2 posted:

I really need to get a better lighting setup in here, so I can tell the difference between the black primer and the black paint I'm using over it. Want to keep it consistent.

Only way can tell is to roll the mini around and try to spot the more matte black primer. What lighting are you using? I've got twin 6500k lamps on my desk in IKEA tertials

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

TTerrible posted:

Only way can tell is to roll the mini around and try to spot the more matte black primer. What lighting are you using? I've got twin 6500k lamps on my desk in IKEA tertials

Two $5 LED lamps I got at walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-MS1602100201-Mainstays-LED-Desk-Lamp/49333225

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah gently caress those off and get some proper retina searing bright white LEDs from amazon

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
This one is good:
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-C...00VFN5CRS9ZAH2N

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Why would you pay for two lights if you only need one?

Seems like a waste tbh.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Stanyer89 posted:

Why would you pay for two lights if you only need one?

Seems like a waste tbh.

I bought them for a cheap lightbox actually. A lamp on either side with some tissue paper to diffuse the light, plus the ceiling light overhead. Painting is a secondary job for them.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Serious cupolatalk, I do wish that kit come with more than one cupola set for rhinos. That said, you can use the rest of the guns on the sets to add pintle weapons to other tanks, too - things like sicarans, land raiders, predators (and drat near anything else based on the land raider/spartan/sicaran/rhino chassis) can also accept an extra pintle-mounted gun.

I just took a silicone mold out of the cupola bits, so I can cast extras. Best of both worlds.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
They also work perfectly for Javelins and speeders.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My Emperor's Children before getting some ink on them and poo poo. I think the pink highlights are a bit much, but I also like them and am conflicted.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They look great! The pink stands out now but once they've been inked they'll be fine I think.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

JBP posted:

My Emperor's Children before getting some ink on them and poo poo. I think the pink highlights are a bit much, but I also like them and am conflicted.

Such beautiful boys :swoon:

I really like that purple. How did you find assembling the Phoenix Spears? Mine are fairly straight, but always look less straight the instant the glue dries and I change the viewing angle slightly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Such beautiful boys :swoon:

I really like that purple. How did you find assembling the Phoenix Spears? Mine are fairly straight, but always look less straight the instant the glue dries and I change the viewing angle slightly.

I found them ok to straighten out, but I force myself to unsee that sort of thing now. The spear shown here is from a terminator before fw released them for power armour. It was not fun to convert.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

JBP posted:

I found them ok to straighten out, but I force myself to unsee that sort of thing now. The spear shown here is from a terminator before fw released them for power armour. It was not fun to convert.

Yeah, mine are definitely in the range of "Good enough" for the most part. I assume the reason the Custodes got a plastic kit was to prevent Loyalist players from knowing the sadness of a resin spear.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

TTerrible posted:

I suspect the weapons are the same as the rapid fire battle cannon etc from 40k

Thanks! It seemed strange that they can also take Rapid Fire BC instead of the Questoris, I wasn't sure if there was some dumb OOP resin variant I'd missed.

Also those EC look delightful. In the fluff they started individually customizing their wargear, so there's no "wrong purple" from an historical perspective.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

moths posted:

Thanks! It seemed strange that they can also take Rapid Fire BC instead of the Questoris, I wasn't sure if there was some dumb OOP resin variant I'd missed.

Also those EC look delightful. In the fluff they started individually customizing their wargear, so there's no "wrong purple" from an historical perspective.

Thanks man. I thought hard about the purple I wanted and went for a really bright royal, I'm really pleased with how they came out. I'm using Kromlech bits and I'm going to add some laser lines to them plus some hot pink plates here and there. They're basically traitors early into the heresy so they're not all hosed up looking, but they're definitely doing a lot of coke and having a good time.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
That is a lovely purple, good job.

Mka course in two months... Getting hard already. Going to focus on gathering all the supplies... And starting IF off the back of the course. I'll do a damocles IF rhino and some thousand sons troops for the masterclass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Lord Twisted posted:

That is a lovely purple, good job.

Mka course in two months... Getting hard already. Going to focus on gathering all the supplies... And starting IF off the back of the course. I'll do a damocles IF rhino and some thousand sons troops for the masterclass

So jelly that you goons from across the pond can do that kind of thing so much more easily than us Trumplandia goons can. Be sure to post lots of pictures when you go.