Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
good lord that looks op but expensive as hell. Thank you :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Following a build guide seems like you're not really playing on paper but it's the best way to learn. I dinged 90 for the first time today and am finally understanding how I might tweak the build I copied.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
So there's a lead to gold darkshrine in Uber Lab today, and I took a look at the cost of white +1 curse amulets right as suitsizesmall discovered it: around 25-35c

About five minutes after he was done. ALL GONE on every league. The only ones left are the absurdly overpriced ones that have been up for weeks and mirrored ones.

Amazing how fast this community responds and the economy shifts.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I kinda want to screw around with SRS but it drives me crazy that minion damage is such a pain to figure out. Apart from aping some existing build, it's hard to have an idea of whether or not an approach is gonna work until you run it up to level 70+.

Anyway, mainly I'm thinking you can get comparable damage out of fewer auras with elemental equilibrium. Leave out hatred and just focus on lit/fire damage, use vortex or freezing pulse for curse + EE, etc. I guess I'll just have to give it a spin.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/305germ/characters

could anyone take a look at my BV character and let me know if there's anything obvious that I could fix? I'm also wondering where I'm going to get a lot more of the damage I think I'm going to need to do some of the higher level content like t12+ and stuff like atziri/guardians.

I followed lifting's guide for the build from his channel, and he said he cleared up to and including shaper with it, although with a slightly modified version of the build(+1gems decay bow with a soulstrike) so I'm just curious where I can stack up more damage.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Bob NewSCART posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/305germ/characters

could anyone take a look at my BV character and let me know if there's anything obvious that I could fix? I'm also wondering where I'm going to get a lot more of the damage I think I'm going to need to do some of the higher level content like t12+ and stuff like atziri/guardians.

I followed lifting's guide for the build from his channel, and he said he cleared up to and including shaper with it, although with a slightly modified version of the build(+1gems decay bow with a soulstrike) so I'm just curious where I can stack up more damage.

By far the most cost effective thing you could right now to boost your damage would be to buy a level 20 BV for 3c.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

YoungSexualNorton posted:

I kinda want to screw around with SRS but it drives me crazy that minion damage is such a pain to figure out. Apart from aping some existing build, it's hard to have an idea of whether or not an approach is gonna work until you run it up to level 70+.

Anyway, mainly I'm thinking you can get comparable damage out of fewer auras with elemental equilibrium. Leave out hatred and just focus on lit/fire damage, use vortex or freezing pulse for curse + EE, etc. I guess I'll just have to give it a spin.

The guy who makes Path of Building hinted that the next version (1.4 i think?) is out very soon and will now support all the minion gems, based on the spreadsheet that was released recently by GGG

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

whydirt posted:

Every time you look in the mirror, cuck

:golfclap:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

YoungSexualNorton posted:

I say leave Hatred in and use Ball Lightning to apply EE and curses. Or orb of storms I guess.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 14, 2017

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Thought I would pick this up again as its been a while, this league is a tad overwhelming if you've missed a bunch of older leagues.

I used a talisman leaguestone and got a stone circle,summoned a talisman dude and as far as i could tell it was literally unkillable, he had a restoration and protective golem who both hit like trucks and couldn't be hurt as well as apparently making the rare impervious too. This is in act 2 normal :(

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Stangg posted:

Thought I would pick this up again as its been a while, this league is a tad overwhelming if you've missed a bunch of older leagues.

I used a talisman leaguestone and got a stone circle,summoned a talisman dude and as far as i could tell it was literally unkillable, he had a restoration and protective golem who both hit like trucks and couldn't be hurt as well as apparently making the rare impervious too. This is in act 2 normal :(
Talisman bosses are based on the ilvl of the Talismans used to summon it.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

theshim posted:

Talisman bosses are based on the ilvl of the Talismans used to summon it.

Well that explains it, serves me right for grabbing some tier 1's from the guild stash, I'll just count myself lucky I didn't pick higher ones and get one shot.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
Somebody give me a big pile of standard currency that they don't care about so I can keep experimenting with dumb builds. I finally used up all of mine on respecs.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
I had a really weird PoE dream last night. I was playing in some sort of event and I dropped a thing called "Goon Sword" and it was basically just a real lovely looking katana worth 8ex. When I woke up it took me around 30 minutes to realize it wasn't real. I was really sad.

I think I've been playing too much :negative:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I used to get that when I played far too much Dwarf Fortress. I would close my eyes and see the icons moving, and dream about it too.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Same but for Puzzles and Dragons.

Games are a hell of a thing.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
You tend to have dreams about things you're invested in and already thinking about. I've had it happen with most games if I play them before I go to sleep, but I've also had it happen for sports, etc

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Highblood posted:

I had a really weird PoE dream last night. I was playing in some sort of event and I dropped a thing called "Goon Sword" and it was basically just a real lovely looking katana worth 8ex. When I woke up it took me around 30 minutes to realize it wasn't real. I was really sad.

I think I've been playing too much :negative:

sword of wrathraven

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

silvergoose posted:

Same but for Puzzles and Dragons.

Games are a hell of a thing.

:staredog: It is time to reevaluate your life choices.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Its called the Tetris effect. It can happen with a lot of repetitive games. Its just a way that your brain can form memories.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Path of Building 1.4.0 is out for people who want to plan minion builds. All minions plus 50 spectres ripped from the game files apparently

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:staredog: It is time to reevaluate your life choices.

I did stop playing, but man did that game get me through the first year of my son's life and the 3 AM wakeup calls.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

silvergoose posted:

I did stop playing, but man did that game get me through the first year of my son's life and the 3 AM wakeup calls.
Well, that's fair if anything. I'd probably do something similar in your place either.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's been a pair of BBGG Haemophilia with +gems sitting there all day and the guy has been AFK the whole time. It's been taunting me. I'm 99% sure they're actually for sale since they're actually on the high end of prices.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm trying to figure out a basic bow build on PoB just to see if I can, since I've never played with bows before. How much Life should I be trying to get as a bow-user? All these life clusters are annoyingly out of the way but I'm only sitting with 5k here despite simulating a good life roll on every item at level 92.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm trying to figure out a basic bow build on PoB just to see if I can, since I've never played with bows before. How much Life should I be trying to get as a bow-user? All these life clusters are annoyingly out of the way but I'm only sitting with 5k here despite simulating a good life roll on every item at level 92.

You can get 6k if you wear Kaoms. But yeah 5k life is about all you can hope for unless the build is designed around being tanky.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Hey so I mostly fixed my ES problems without joining the guild (sent a message to sky but that didn't seem to have worked; someone else I should PM?)...so now I'm doing t3ish maps, I just did a t4 rare without much trouble.

A couple questions that have arisen since my last:
Do I just keep farming random maps, most of which are T1-2 that drop?
Should I be combining 3 maps -> next higher, or is that a waste?
Zana sells magic/rare maps but for a bunch of chance orbs, is that worth it?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

silvergoose posted:

Hey so I mostly fixed my ES problems without joining the guild (sent a message to sky but that didn't seem to have worked; someone else I should PM?)...so now I'm doing t3ish maps, I just did a t4 rare without much trouble.

if you're willing to fuss around with trades, you can get low tier maps much cheaper than from zana. it's only a few chance savings each, though, so whether youre willing to put the time in to get the better deal is up to you.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

McFrugal posted:

You can get 6k if you wear Kaoms. But yeah 5k life is about all you can hope for unless the build is designed around being tanky.

I was planning to do a budget TShot build with Lioneye's and a 5L (can't be bothered doing a 6L build) for my first attempt at making a build. First draft was TShot with Poison/Bow Phys/Crit/GMP supports, though that was just the first set of supports that came to my mind and I've messed around a lot with items and passives since so I'm pretty sure I could find a better set-up. I was first building around Lioneye's Glare since it seemed like a fine pDPS bow for budget, but the low Crit% was bothering me. So after checking that any Rare bows anywhere near that pDPS but with better crit would cost out the rear end (well, a few ex which I can afford, but it's the principle of the budget build dammit!) I've gotta rethink things. Maybe look for just a lower-dps rare bow. Slivertongue looks fun but I need Life on my Quiver so I can't fit Rigwald's and I don't have a spot for Fork support on a 5L. By the way, does Fork work well with TShot? I know Fork is apparently pretty bad overall, but compared with other projectile skills I mean.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Okay I made a new character & finally got up to the gems I needed for a sort of lacking guide. It uses Abyssal Cry along with Blade Flurry utilizing Poison Support and Void Manipulation for lots of Chaos damage. Does this sound feasible to anyone?

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
Blade flurry, chaos, poison are all individually some of the easiest dps options in the game, so combining them in any remotely sane way should give you a pretty solid build.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ok so my last big, easily reachable upgrade is a pair of Haemophilia gloves with +gems. This will allow me to kick my Blasphemy, Vulnerability, Temporal Chains and (most importantly) Enhance up another rank. Downside is: it has to be BBGG, and these are AR/EV gloves. So I need to either:

1) buy a pair that's already corrupted that color (1ex)
2) buy a pair that isn't BBGG and Vorici 8 them (25-50c for the gloves, unknown Vaals for colors)
3) buy a bunch of sets and Vaal them myself. If I get a pair with Vulnerability on hit along the way I can always sell it off.

The one guy selling a set of BBGG has been AFK all this weekend, so really it's between options 2 & 3. They're both more than likely going to add up to around an ex, give or take.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

silvergoose posted:

also always just post your character name itt to join the guild

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Oh okay. I did before but sure it's Eylau account name is silvergoose

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Ok so my last big, easily reachable upgrade is a pair of Haemophilia gloves with +gems. This will allow me to kick my Blasphemy, Vulnerability, Temporal Chains and (most importantly) Enhance up another rank. Downside is: it has to be BBGG, and these are AR/EV gloves. So I need to either:

1) buy a pair that's already corrupted that color (1ex)
2) buy a pair that isn't BBGG and Vorici 8 them (25-50c for the gloves, unknown Vaals for colors)
3) buy a bunch of sets and Vaal them myself. If I get a pair with Vulnerability on hit along the way I can always sell it off.

The one guy selling a set of BBGG has been AFK all this weekend, so really it's between options 2 & 3. They're both more than likely going to add up to around an ex, give or take.

I went with option 2. It worked out because I got lucky!

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

What build are you running to use those gloves?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Oh okay. I did before but sure it's Eylau account name is silvergoose

Accidentally sent you a friend invite on top of the guild invite. Ignore that one.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

TheRat posted:

Accidentally sent you a friend invite on top of the guild invite. Ignore that one.

Cold as ice

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

TheRat posted:

Ouch!

(thanks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That wasnt meant to be rude :(

• Locked thread