Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

My favorite Kyle Boller memory is some training camp story about him on his knees at the 50 yard line throwing a football through the uprights or some such nonsense. I think it was around the Steve McNair era? It's all blurring together at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/852683304360980481

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

They got rid of the giant sweat patches, so I automatically approve.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

I was looking at NHL goalie helmets and marveling at how lame NFL uniforms/helmets are by comparison.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
They brought back the silver/gray alternates from the 90s. gently caress yes! No more black on the uniforms either, which is great because that was the last real vestige of Millens influence. And gently caress Millen, always and forever.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The new aways are pretty great. Not sure about the font.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

They got rid of the giant sweat patches, so I automatically approve.

Thank god, now I can stop bitching about them in GDTs. These things were loving awful and I'm glad the Packers never bothered with that crap.

Looking at the uniforms I don't like that the blue is lighter than it was before, and the steel grey is not really great. Will withhold judgement until I see them in action.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

How far we've come.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Looking at the uniforms I don't like that the blue is lighter than it was before, and the steel grey is not really great.

This is right and proper, the Millen era blue was just wrong and not at all the "Honolulu Blue" the Lions should have been wearing. Though the grey should be lighter and more of a silver...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/MoneyLynch/status/852713621918433281

<a million hand on chin emojis>

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Yeah, something's going on right now

https://twitter.com/Hasselbeck/status/852717284762284032

e:

https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/st...23post471346818

https://twitter.com/Bwagz54/status/852725086457020417

just nut already

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 14, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I can't wait to see Bruce Irvin and Money Lynch getting celebration penalties together. :swoon:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. At best I'd accept didn't actively throw the game away

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Boller constantly threw away games. The excellent defense that propped up rookie Joe Flacco was a loving shadow of the support Boller had. Add to that a HoF left Tackle, a top 5 TE and the best running back in the league. If McNair was there instead of Boller from 03' on they absolutely win another Superbowl. Kyle Boller was a total loving waste and don't let anyone reminiscing about the Farve game tell you different.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/852841506352353280
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/852853725173604352

How creative

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

He lie, bad man being!

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
You would think that a QB who earns more than 20mil per year would not need to scam collectors for a few thousand dollar per year.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

It's the only way he feels alive anymore

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, I know that the $10,000 I spent for the authentic Eli Manning red bucket is a safe investment...........right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm not sure whether I should be more mad at the terrible/lazy pun or that it's the biggest story on both frontpages.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Manning Face used on Daily News' cover is better

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

The Manning Face used on Daily News' cover is better

The New York Post picture has more of the lazy eye effect going though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Eli Manning embroiled in a scandal and Dean Blandino gone from the NFL. What a day!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
God drat but the Mannings do love some money

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They obviously found out about Eli while investigating Brady's missing jerseys.

Mexico guy had 3 SB game worn Eli jerseys

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I like how "mass murder gang" and "US drops a MOAB" are second banana to a fake jersey scam.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Dubious posted:

extremely triggered at Troy Williamson mentions
I actually saw him live against the Bills. The Vikes were down 4 or so with less than 2 minutes to go. All of a sudden, Troy Williamson was streaking down the field, wide open. Quarterback throws to him, and it's right where it needs to be. The entire stadium was quiet in that moment of dread.
Football went right through his hands. The Vikings lost, the Bills won, and I actually felt bad about it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

WHOOPS posted:

I like how "mass murder gang" and "US drops a MOAB" are second banana to a fake jersey scam.

We get the first two every day, :saddowns: being a bizarre clothing scammer is unusual.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Boller constantly threw away games. The excellent defense that propped up rookie Joe Flacco was a loving shadow of the support Boller had. Add to that a HoF left Tackle, a top 5 TE and the best running back in the league. If McNair was there instead of Boller from 03' on they absolutely win another Superbowl. Kyle Boller was a total loving waste and don't let anyone reminiscing about the Farve game tell you different.

You people tricked me into defending Kyle Boller and I hate you all. Also McNair was 2005.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
McNair was 06'. I'm saying if he arrived 3 years earlier, when Boller rolled into town, those Ravens teams would've won it all. They would've been champs :qq:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Am I the only one that doesn't get why the MOAB is such a big deal? Like its a big bomb, but its not like we haven't dropped multiple bombs with a larger effects before.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

Am I the only one that doesn't get why the MOAB is such a big deal? Like its a big bomb, but its not like we haven't dropped multiple bombs with a larger effects before.

It's basically a really big bomb that hasn't been used in combat before, so it's news. Like it can't be dropped out of planes specifically designed to drop bombs.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

It's the most powerful non-nuclear bomb ever dropped outside of testing

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Which angle do you want?

How about the one where it was used to destroy a tunnel system, we somehow know the precise number of militants it killed, and trump didn't know it had happened?

Or giraldo calling the IR video of it "what freedom Means?"

I have all the hottest takes

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Spoeank posted:

It's the most powerful non-nuclear bomb ever dropped outside of testing

Ok, but we have had this bomb for a while now, I think it was developed during the Iraq War. It just seems like such a trivial thing.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Because no one trusts the Trump administration knows what they're doing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

Ok, but we have had this bomb for a while now, I think it was developed during the Iraq War. It just seems like such a trivial thing.

I mean we've never actually used it. Like we've had minuteman missiles for 60ish years and this thing is the next thing to that. Well give or take a Trident or whatever. Like I said it's a super big bomb.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

Because no one trusts the Trump administration knows what they're doing.

Yeah it's really sinking in with people that THIS guy has the bombs and he seems to enjoy using them.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
How much did the MOAB cost? I was hearing like $200 million yesterday but now they I have read the bomb cost $18 million. I mean you need a lot of fuel to fly something that heavy, but still.

Also, why are we losing the OAB race? Russia has a FOAB that is 4x as powerful!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Trump correctly described what kind of cake he had when he ordered the missile strike in Syria. He also called Syria Iraq and had to be corrected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
edit: wrong thread.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 14, 2017

• Locked thread