Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Radio 1 breakfast or bust. I miss Grimmy, though. He's been off for what feels like weeks. Scott Mills and his lackey are less enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Car Share is awesome.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

All of those people and things can gently caress off

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Grimmy is a twat.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Dead Goon posted:

Grimmy is a twat.

I refuse to listen to him. Would rather sit in silence.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

The Big Taff Man posted:

Car Share is awesome.

Yes! I was going to bring this up since we were on the subject of poo poo radio. The Chorley FM segments are the best part of the show.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Yeah Car Share was great, sad it never got renewed.

I keep meaning to dust off and binge through my Ideal DVD's too. Has Graham Duff done anything recently?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yeah Car Share was great, sad it never got renewed.

I keep meaning to dust off and binge through my Ideal DVD's too. Has Graham Duff done anything recently?

The 2nd season literally started monday on BBC1 and the full 4 episodes went live on iplayer

I cant believe that in the last episode it ended after John and Kayleigh didnt finally get together.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh poo poo, it got renewed? It's been ages since I saw it I must have made a phantom series up in my head.

Well, now I know what I am watching tonight. Also, Psychoville is on the iPlayer too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Big Taff Man posted:

The 2nd season literally started monday on BBC1 and the full 4 episodes went live on iplayer

I cant believe that in the last episode it ended after John and Kayleigh didnt finally get together.

Yeah, that ending was a massive "Oh nooooo" as soon as it cut back to reality and he was still in the car.

I realized all of League of Gentlemen is up on Netflix now, so I binged through it. Still properly loving amazing.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yeah, that ending was a massive "Oh nooooo" as soon as it cut back to reality and he was still in the car.

One of my favourite bits of carshare is seeing where they drive as its by where I used to live. The bit where he got roadrage was next to my old flat.

I was convinced that the fat female smurf (who was Varis from game of thrones) was going to be caught by Kaileigh getting off with John. Did you watch it Rarity?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
The way it ended means there has got to be more. No way they'd end such a cheery show with a downer ending.

Thanks for the heads up about League of Gentlemen. I was thinking about the show the other day and wondering whether it'd stand the test of time. Well, time to find out!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I wonder if pissflaps would enjoy the gentle comedy of Car Share like a monkey pissing in the back of a car, or if he enjoys incest based tv shows like Taboo or Fortitude where Robert Sheehan crucifys a guy and cutting off his own knob.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Dead Goon posted:

Grimmy is a twat.
Nah he's good

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Akuma posted:

Nah he's good

But would you shag him?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Strom Cuzewon posted:

But would you shag him?
No he's not my type for shagging, but for talking into my ears via the radio he is quite good.

Edit: I do like his voice

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How is Ripper Street?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It's alright

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I love Ripper Street. Series 1 and 2 were good fun but tended towards the formulaic, but the three main characters made a brilliant trio and it was very enjoyable.

Once Amazon picked it up, the 3rd series hit a high point of the series with much richer and more developed episodes and more of a storyline to tie it all together. 4 was also pretty good but flagged slightly as it tried to resolve the storyline it had set itself.

Haven't yet finished watching the last season. Quite enjoying it but it's not as good as what came before.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I've just started watching Ultraviolet again, after noticing it's on All4. It's been forever since I've seen it (possibly not long after original broadcast) and it's surprisingly holding together well despite being nearly 20 years old. Mobile phones are commonplace in it which is surprising.

Also, young Idris Elba :swoon:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

The_Doctor posted:

I've just started watching Ultraviolet again, after noticing it's on All4. It's been forever since I've seen it (possibly not long after original broadcast) and it's surprisingly holding together well despite being nearly 20 years old. Mobile phones are commonplace in it which is surprising.

Everyone had a mobile by the late 90s though. Except in the US where everyone was still rocking pagers for some strange reason

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Everyone had a mobile by the late 90s though. Except in the US where everyone was still rocking pagers for some strange reason

It's funny how texting has only relatively recently become A Thing over there too.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The_Doctor posted:

It's remarkably good isn't it? What a cast. Philip Quast, best Javert.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
They also didn't have widespread chip and pin till very recently. The US is bizarre- very wealthy and advanced but your average person often has to deal with technology that would be considered decades out of date in most of the first world

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ineptmule posted:

I love Ripper Street. Series 1 and 2 were good fun but tended towards the formulaic, but the three main characters made a brilliant trio and it was very enjoyable.

Once Amazon picked it up, the 3rd series hit a high point of the series with much richer and more developed episodes and more of a storyline to tie it all together. 4 was also pretty good but flagged slightly as it tried to resolve the storyline it had set itself.

Haven't yet finished watching the last season. Quite enjoying it but it's not as good as what came before.

I like Jerome Flynn and Matthew Macfadyan (I was a big fan of the first couple of seasons of Spooks when it was him, David Oyelowo and Keeley Hawes).

Oyelowo's departure from that series is the one I'll always remember. I was sad that he went but "gently caress you, you death-worshipping fascist!" aren't bad last words for a cool character to get.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

PYF Spooks Death: Tariq in the last season - activates a tracer in some recovered hardware, yet professionally and (relatively) calmly disconnects and covers his tracks before legging it back to MI5. He almost makes it, but gets poison umbrellad getting into the taxi and dies on the steps of Thames House.

Brutal, unflinching, and with none of the melodrama and ticking clocks they got obsessed with towards the end.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Gum posted:

They also didn't have widespread chip and pin till very recently.

It's not even that, they've just got chip.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Gum posted:

They also didn't have widespread chip and pin till very recently. The US is bizarre- very wealthy and advanced but your average person often has to deal with technology that would be considered decades out of date in most of the first world

Yeah, and most of the first world is moving on from it. Even in Dublin it's all contactless, I've barely used chip-and-PIN in over a year

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I just watched series 4 of sherlock. Dear lord what a crock of poo poo. Jesus wept when he saw the finale.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

dex_sda posted:

I just watched series 4 of sherlock. Dear lord what a crock of poo poo. Jesus wept when he saw the finale.

a take: sherlock has always been bad

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

WeAreTheRomans posted:

a take: sherlock has always been bad

Yeah it really has been but the first and to some extent second season were at least a bit interesting and fun. Then it turned into a complete shitshow

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Wheat Loaf posted:

I like Jerome Flynn and Matthew Macfadyan (I was a big fan of the first couple of seasons of Spooks when it was him, David Oyelowo and Keeley Hawes).

Oyelowo's departure from that series is the one I'll always remember. I was sad that he went but "gently caress you, you death-worshipping fascist!" aren't bad last words for a cool character to get.

Jerome Flynn is wonderful, Macfadyan is great. If you don't know Adam Rothenberg, you're in for a treat. He is (possibly) my favourite character of the three on the show.

Also Oyelowo's Spooks death was really brilliant. I always remember that line.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Probably unpopular opinion: the Robot Wars final was real good and Carbide deserved to win, though I wish lovely nerds Aftershock had managed some points.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

eating only apples posted:

Probably unpopular opinion: the Robot Wars final was real good and Carbide deserved to win, though I wish lovely nerds Aftershock had managed some points.

Yeah they were adorable, especially their 'what have we created???' moment. :3:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They still would have a nip at an immobilized opponent, which is pretty rude when their nips turn robots into shrapnel. But they're setting up a multi-season arc after Ironside or whoever dinged their engine, showing they do have an achilles heel. They could barely tear through steel after that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I enjoyed Maigret on the ITV last night. Did anyone else watch it?

I've never watched the Michael Gambon series from 20 years ago. How is it?

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Gum posted:

They've got literally thousands of retail banks, so widespread adoption of new technology is inevitably slow in that sector.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

ineptmule posted:

Jerome Flynn is wonderful, Macfadyan is great. If you don't know Adam Rothenberg, you're in for a treat. He is (possibly) my favourite character of the three on the show.

Also Oyelowo's Spooks death was really brilliant. I always remember that line.

The deep fat fryer death is one that haunted me for weeks afterwards, it's so horrifically visceral in your mind, but brilliantly and suggestively shot so that not a lot is shown on screen

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Total Meatlove posted:

The deep fat fryer death is one that haunted me for weeks afterwards, it's so horrifically visceral in your mind, but brilliantly and suggestively shot so that not a lot is shown on screen

:cry: Oh god that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The deep fryer one and Danny being shot are ones everyone remembers but I always thought Colin being murdered by these rogue MI6 agents was rough going. :(