Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Throne of Bhalz posted:

Almost at the top of the tower. There's a sub boss talking mess about creating stairs for me. I haven't fought it yet.

Try and see if you can get through it, if you can you can hang on to the Soma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ann's dub va is better than her jp one. i love nana mizuki but she is giving such a nothing performance in this game.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Please no, Palace 7. Please, that's enough corridors now, I get the picture, I get the gimmick, just let me finish the fuckin dungeon. Ive got 2 letters left,
I just did one corridor section, then I get a crappy little fight against some cleaner minions and now it's back into corridor hell again? Jesus gently caress.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Baal posted:

If you look for the vids on youtube you can listen to Hoshi's performance and it is absolutely one of his best performances especially with some of the Persona calls he does. It's very clear how much he got into the character and it's part of the reason I love Goro so much.
oh gently caress, i absolutely will when I'm done that sounds rad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bardeh posted:

Please no, Palace 7. Please, that's enough corridors now, I get the picture, I get the gimmick, just let me finish the fuckin dungeon. Ive got 2 letters left,
I just did one corridor section, then I get a crappy little fight against some cleaner minions and now it's back into corridor hell again? Jesus gently caress.

every dungeon past the second seems to outlive its welcome by about one 'section.'

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I never thought I'd actually want a return to the quick, featureless corridors of P3 and P4 but well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/852699061522120704

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

DO IT TO IT posted:

Goro: I guess there are lots of places I'm not wanted.

MC: Oh, so it's not just here?

God I love being an rear end in a top hat to him.
Keep your friends close, and your enemies far away. That's just common sense.

Bardeh posted:

I have more bad news for you. :(

I liked Palace 7 in principle, the mood and audio were brilliant in places, but it could really have benefited from being about 30% shorter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I never thought I'd actually want a return to the quick, featureless corridors of P3 and P4 but well.
i still vastly prefer this, i just wish they didnt try to force you to do the dungeon in multiple days via sheer length. you should have a full party of SP adhesives by dungeon 5 anyway, so you're never leaving that thing until you finish.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's dumb that they try to bully you to do it in multiple days, and also force you to spend another day sending the calling card as well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also it's insane how missable the second safe room in palace 3 is.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Man, Palace 3 was longer than I was expecting. The last part, where you go hunting for PIN clues to open the vault lock, took forever and could probably have done with like one or two fewer repeats of the same concept. In general, I think if there are multiple times in one area of a dungeon where you have to give the player the option to teleport back to a place to do something because it'd be tedious to walk back, you've dropped the ball a bit on dungeon design.

Still did it in one day, and most of it on Hard mode, too. I did turn it back down to Normal for the very last part just because I was down to like 30 SP on every character and I didn't want to spend another whole day for the last 10% of the dungeon.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Having a bunch of smokescreens prepped for Palace 7 is a good idea.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

n i c e

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

get dunked on buddy!!!!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Endorph posted:

every dungeon past the second seems to outlive its welcome by about one 'section.'

I think 5 was by far the worst for that each gimmick had exactly 1 too many repeats.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

get dunked on buddy!!!!

I don't dislike Mishima like a lot of people seem to, but you better believe I still dunked on him every chance I got.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

"You were super cool!"

"You think? Even if I peed my pants a little?"

loving Mishima

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

get dunked on buddy!!!!

oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mishima's a real shitlord but I am glad he is who he is.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Very dissappointed when you start Haru's confidant and it goes back to Sae her lines weren't something along the lines of:

"Your group has to have been in peak physical form to commit these crimes. Someone you know taught you how to grow organic vegetables. Who was it!?"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Terper posted:

Mishima's a real shitlord but I am glad he is who he is.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Palace 5 spoilers: Haru makes me glad I have the Japanese voices DLC. Goddamn her English voice is grating. When will they understand that Western audiences loving hate squeaky-rear end voice acting?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's really only her introduction's that's overplayed, imo

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The first stage of palace 3 (Kaneshiro's Bank absolutely demolished me.

And the thing is none of it was hard, but I got so profoundly unlucky so many times it felt like my party had a -25% accuracy modifier while the enemy had +25% to criticals (on the protag). I was prepared, properly leveled, recently fused decent Personae, and none of that stopped me from dying more to random crits than I did against the first 2 bosses combined. Sometimes the game just decides to push your poo poo in.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The only english voice I don't like in this game is Shinya but thankfully he doesn't have many voiced scenes.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Terper posted:

It's really only her introduction's that's overplayed, imo

I'm not a fan of her English voice acting. The JP acting in general is better produced and executed too, IMO.

Regy Rusty posted:

The only english voice I don't like in this game is Shinya but thankfully he doesn't have many voiced scenes.

This is the exception actually, I prefer Shinya's English VA. The JP VA doesn't really fit for some reason.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mishima asked me to like, go to the planetarium or something with him and I denyed him cause I planned to Rank 10 Ann that day, causing him to say "Oh...well, I already bought two tickets so I guess I'll just go twice" and that was the only time I've felt bad about owning him, but jeeeez do I feel bad.

also Ann's awakened Persona design loving sucks compared to Carmen, im mad

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I don't find Haru's voice all that grating myself. I was far more annoyed by Teddy in P4.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I don't find Haru's voice all that grating myself. I was far more annoyed by Teddy in P4.

How can you hate Teddie's English VA what is this

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Moltrey posted:

Mishima asked me to like, go to the planetarium or something with him and I denyed him cause I planned to Rank 10 Ann that day, causing him to say "Oh...well, I already bought two tickets so I guess I'll just go twice" and that was the only time I've felt bad about owning him, but jeeeez do I feel bad.

Really because he did a decent job of owning himself there.

Pollyanna posted:

It's not hard when you hate everything about Teddie.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I love Haru's english voice, it puts a spin on the her character that she's not totally naive, but really straight-forward and honest. I think her intro was better in english than in japanese as far as carrying that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Pollyanna posted:

Teddy was the worst character in that game. :colbert:

I'm looking forward to Persona 5 Arena so I can have Morgana beat the poo poo out of him and establish mascot superiority.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Pollyanna posted:

oh how can i? it's actually very very easy actually

Deified Data posted:

Really because he did a decent job of owning himself there.
look i felt bad man. no one should have to go to planetarium alone

no one should also have to deal with isolation vacuum caused by their best friend leaving them after she completed physical therapy after trying to kill themselves either sooooo

sorry mishima but not really but kinda actually

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im okay with morgana but i still wish this game didnt have a mascot in general. he's not a bad character but he's so divorced from the stuff that unites the other party members.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Endorph posted:

im okay with morgana but i still wish this game didnt have a mascot in general. he's not a bad character but he's so divorced from the stuff that unites the other party members.

Just wait till he becomes the main character in the post-game that will be added to Persona 5 Tungsten

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

every time he starts talking to me about how he wants his memories back or if he's really human after i just done helping ryuji put his guilt and failures behind him or modeling the passion of the christ for yusuke, my eyes glaze over

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tae posted:

I love Haru's english voice, it puts a spin on the her character that she's not totally naive, but really straight-forward and honest. I think her intro was better in english than in japanese as far as carrying that.

Haru sounds like she inhaled an entire tank of helium. I don't blame the VA herself because she was almost certainly being directed to aim for that kind of pitch, and it gets better after her introduction, but all I could think for her initial scenes was "holy poo poo no one talks like that".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh i have an aunt that sounds exactly like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

granted she also spent twelve years doing speed