Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Also he eats ice cream and shits

Leave him alone he knows what he's doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

lmao

"There are two kinds of scuds, my friend. Those that come in by the car; and those that come in through the desert."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

... is it just me, or is there a night or day different between F1 and social media this year compared to last year?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

iospace posted:

... is it just me, or is there a night or day different between F1 and social media this year compared to last year?

Well they didnt have any social media before liberty bought them so yes

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah the only social media they did before was sending cease and desist notices.

Sim racing liveries and cars for 2017 are also staying online this year! Last year they aggressively went after the 2016 stuff.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NBC just showed a clip of Hamilton saying he tried to run a NASCAR race during the season but Mercedes refused because they don't have an engine in the series.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

NBC just showed a clip of Hamilton saying he tried to run a NASCAR race during the season but Mercedes refused because they don't have an engine in the series.

Wow, gently caress Mercedes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wicka posted:

I'll take poo poo that didn't happen.txt for 500, Dan.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

somebody is a little bit jealous.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Right? What assholes. :colbert:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Renault engine go boom

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Norns posted:

Also he eats ice cream and shits

Same, same

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Just saw the first shot of our Lee McKenzie in 2017, the season has officially started

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

wicka posted:

If they can't sabotage his engine he could win, which goes against everything Mercedes stands for

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

I'll take poo poo that didn't happen.txt for 500, Dan.

Right? I don't think Mercedes corporate is stupid enough to think there's a conflict of interest in putting Hamilton in a Ford or a Chevy.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RAI-HAM-BOT-VET

the way god intended.

e: RIP that set of vettel's supersofts.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 14, 2017

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

It was probably something casual like Lewis mentioning to Toto that Daytona seems like a fun race and Toto reminded him that Mercedes doesn't participate in NASCAR so he wouldn't be able to race even if he wanted to.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I think he meant "no one there would put up with you Lewis"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Powershift posted:

RAI-HAM-BOT-VET

the way god intended.

e: RIP that set of vettel's supersofts.

What are the rules regarding FP tires this year, did anything change?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Why are sky debating the coat hanger wing like the teams have a choice. If the Mercedes coat hanger flexes and isn't secure enough on the car than the FIA will simply tell them to take it off.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

...and the t-wing has fallen off again

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The Sauber looks nice in this light. That's a positive for them to take away from this weekend.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

HJB posted:

The Sauber looks nice in this light. That's a positive for them to take away from this weekend.

Well done Sauber

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

...and the t-wing has fallen off again

I i learned from sky in china, that's not what they want to happen.

Gigi Galli posted:

What are the rules regarding FP tires this year, did anything change?

They have to give 2 sets back at the end of FP2, but they only get 7 sets of supersofts for the whole weekend, so that limits their testing time on them if they intend to qualify and race on them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The entire ferrari pit crew runs like a bunch of fairies.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for fucks sake Ferrari

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

DoctorGonzo posted:

for fucks sake Ferrari

Forgot to put £1 in the meter.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sure looks like Ferrari's upgrades this weekend are working well.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

At least it's not Kimi

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh shut up crofty, Nando hit the neutral button last year and you circlejerked about how clever he was.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Hulkenburg must be quite close to a race ban just because of stupid little poo poo at this point.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lauda and wolf laughing at ferrari.

"and i grabbed a hand full of sand, lifted the air filter and just dumped it in, just like i did to hamilton last year"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Powershift posted:

They have to give 2 sets back at the end of FP2, but they only get 7 sets of supersofts for the whole weekend, so that limits their testing time on them if they intend to qualify and race on them.

Ah, thanks.

Whatever the gently caress overreaction Ferrari are doing is making me mad. Just stick to the goddamn plan.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

loving Ferrari. Here's the start of the decline this year!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vettel coming right back out after that is good though, hopefully it was just some bullshit

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol detective Sky has figured it out, Max ran over botas' coat hanger and it hosed his car.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Should have given him the coat hanger treatment 19 years ago.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

How many issues do the IUDs need to cause before they are banned

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

• Locked thread