Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Are you guys going to start a new thread for the off season or do you simply want a rename? I'm cool with either one, really.

iospace fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just rename it, it's giddy Mizzou fans just happy to be around and random posts about other things for a few months.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yes, probably rename it. This thread is usually very slow in the summer.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

There you go, enjoy the new name.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

OG Anunoby is declaring for the draft and hiring an agent, to no one's surprise. He'll go down as one of the great "what could have been" careers in IU history.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Former Memphis standouts Dedric and K.J. Lawson are transferring to Kansas, their father told @CBSSports.

Memphis: must hate Kansas so much

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

kiimo posted:

Former Memphis standouts Dedric and K.J. Lawson are transferring to Kansas, their father told @CBSSports.

Memphis: must hate Kansas so much

Apparently they're also family with a couple of top 20 2019 recruits? That's an interesting twist

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Their two younger brothers are highly rated and their cousin is the #8 overall player:

quote:

DJ Jeffries

Recruitment: Offers from Kansas, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Iowa State, Mississippi State, Wake Forest and Memphis.

His day: Playing for a new squad in Team Penny, Jeffries fit in nicely with a group that is deep and super athletic. He played above the rim, put the ball on the floor some and showed off incredible physical tools.

Quotable: "I haven't thought too much about my recruitment. Maybe at the end of the summer I will have a top list."

Prediction: Jeffries doesn't appear too focused on his recruitment yet but with his kind of talent he looks like one that the bluebloods will fight over.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Tubby Smith hosed up so bad lol. The Tigers are gonna be rear end next season

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They have had 5 guys transfer so far, with one more expected. They only had 3 guys show up to a mandatory team workout last week. Now Markel Crawford tells ESPN he will use Graduate Transfer rule to play for another school.

At this point I think goons should just walk on.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Steve Fisher is retiring.

:smith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That sucks. I wonder what his legacy will be, sometimes people still bring up the Fab 5 like he should have been able to control that mess.

I mean, I guess he technically could have, but it would have been by not having those guys on his team.

Also looking up his coaching record I'd forgotten it took him a full decade to really get going at SDSU.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Real sad to see Wichita go but also funny that they left the Valley for a worse conference.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

kiimo posted:

They have had 5 guys transfer so far, with one more expected. They only had 3 guys show up to a mandatory team workout last week. Now Markel Crawford tells ESPN he will use Graduate Transfer rule to play for another school.

At this point I think goons should just walk on.

Mr. Crawford, please consider Butler University. We could use a guard of your talents.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Speaking of schools with a serious transfer isssue, Nebraska just lost another today too. I don't think Tim Miles is gonna last much longer.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MourningView posted:

Speaking of schools with a serious transfer isssue, Nebraska just lost another today too. I don't think Tim Miles is gonna last much longer.

It's a really bad look. Morrow and Jacobsen both started and/or played significant minutes and we've lost two others (Jeriah Horne and Nick Fuller - Horne had a lot of potential).

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

Tubby Smith hosed up so bad lol. The Tigers are gonna be rear end next season

He hasn't recruited a single future NBA player since Rajon Rondo, right?

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Technically Royce White.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Peanut President posted:

Real sad to see Wichita go but also funny that they left the Valley for a worse conference.

There's just not enough Evansville to go around. They'll have to make do with ECU.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Willninho posted:

Technically Royce White.

Haha, there's more technically here than in most 'technically' statements.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cross posting from the draft thread
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/852211363816636416

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Tom Izzo is a dark wizard who somehow continuously gets players to stay 5 years and then go undrafted when they were a 1st round pick after their freshman year

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Tom Izzo is a dark wizard who somehow continuously gets players to stay 5 years and then go undrafted when they were a 1st round pick after their freshman year

It's usually more like they were a recruit with lottery potential and then they underperform for 2 years and become Extremely College Players.

Except Deyonta Davis who really needed another year of seasoning but left early, went in round 2 and is buried on the Grizzlies bench

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

what the gently caress

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Who wouldn't want a full 4 or 5 years in East Lansing?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Nice comeback, Roy

quote:

Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's usually more like they were a recruit with lottery potential and then they underperform for 2 years and become Extremely College Players.

Except Deyonta Davis who really needed another year of seasoning but left early, went in round 2 and is buried on the Grizzlies bench

Davis was definitely the one guy who really should have listened to Izzo. Maybe that's the trick, guys who absolutely shouldn't go pro do, and those who could do not.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Glad coaches are teaching opportunity cost these days

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Then again, gently caress Maryland.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

kiimo posted:

Then again, gently caress Maryland.

Yea, fuckers waited on my Ph.D. application for four months before rejecting me four days before April 15th. gently caress Maryland.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/PeopleofMemphis...emphis.58195%2F

"this is what we do when we leave Tubby. gently caress Tubby."

:munch:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

alpha_destroy posted:

Yea, fuckers waited on my Ph.D. application for four months before rejecting me four days before April 15th. gently caress Maryland.

This at least is not unique to them, grad school admissions is a shitshow everywhere.

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 13, 2017

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Memphis is a total clusterfuck.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just posted that ha

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Framing this as good news for Tubby Smith is the most insane way to present this development

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Allonzo Trier is coming back to Arizona next year, don't know why but I'm good with it.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

some pretty choice material in the comments section :discourse:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

some pretty choice material in the comments section :discourse:

holy poo poo :eyepop:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

More, bearing in mind that these are the most liked comments on the article. I actually didn't know the Yahoo comments were this bad, no wonder they hide them under a fold

edit: hmm dunno why that didn't attach, forums themselves possibly recoiling

elentar fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 14, 2017

• Locked thread