Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Thanos is Cable

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-josh-brolin-play-cable-993232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Isn't it primarily a voice over role?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
boooooooooo

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Was Brolin even rumored for the part?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

parallelodad posted:

Isn't it primarily a voice over role?

I think he's doing mo-cap for Thanos

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's definitely gonna be a thanos or avengers gag in deadpool now lol

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Was Brolin even rumored for the part?

Nope. Biggest rumors were Pitt, Michael Shannon, pierce Brosnan and David Harbour.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Dacap posted:

Josh Brolin has been cast as Cable. Wonder how this will work with his Avengers filming schedule

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-josh-brolin-play-cable-993232?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I suppose that's appropriate seeing as Cable is such an oldboy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If there was any kind of contractual or scheduling conflict he wouldn't have been cast.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Presumably he's going to be pretty much done with Thanos after Avengers while Cable is more of a moving forward role seeing as he signed up for 4 movies.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I wonder if Avengers 4 will be less of a Thanos sorry than initially thought. They did get rid of the "infinity war part 2" name.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I was wondering if you guys could help me understand something.

I keep hearing that Marvel should "play nice with Fox" re: the X-Men. "Stop being petty", so on and so forth. Except... I don't really understand what people saying this think this is supposed to achieve. Fox is keeping a death grip on the franchise and is clearly intent on doing so as long as they can, so there's not really any sign that doing this would lead to a Spider-Man Homecoming deal where they can work them into the MCU.

That would leave the comics, except... between the franchises that Marvel doesn't have the rights to produce films with, the X-Men are the only ones they haven't either cancelled or put on the back burner. Everyone keeps saying they're screwing them over, which is arguable and understandable from a narrative perspective (but that seems to be down to a matter of narrative, not business concerns), but in a business sense nothing seems to have changed. I guess there's still the matter of merchandise like toys and such, but X-Men figures are still getting produced, just without any overt branding.

So I just don't get it. What do people think will happen if Marvel "played nice" on this matter? Because no amount of that is gonna make them put X-Men on Agents of SHIELD instead of Inhumans or that they'll make an MCU X-Men movie or whatever people seem to think will happen. What exactly do X-Men fans expect anyone get out of this? It's not like Fantastic Four, which isn't being published anymore. X-Men comics are still coming out, and no amount of Fox-Disney cooperation is going to really change any aspects of the story there, because they don't have much to do with each other.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The belief is that if Marvel would let up and allow Fox to make merchandise and make money off of it, they might be willing to work with them. Fox doesn't make anything from X-Men stuff if it's not tied in to the movies, and Fox can't make movie merchandise deals without Marvel approval.

Both sides are the inspiration for the film Boss Baby though so it's not realistic.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

The belief is that if Marvel would let up and allow Fox to make merchandise and make money off of it, they might be willing to work with them. Fox doesn't make anything from X-Men stuff if it's not tied in to the movies, and Fox can't make movie merchandise deals without Marvel approval.

Literally everything I know about Fox leads me to doubt that would even come close to occurring.

Like Marvel and Disney aren't saints themselves, but.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Dacap posted:

Josh Brolin has been cast as Cable. Wonder how this will work with his Avengers filming schedule

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-josh-brolin-play-cable-993232?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Wow. I didn't see that coming at all and I guess neither did anyone else.

I like it. Brolin can be gruff but also funny, and makes an excellent straightman.

Boy, as an actor (and if you liked comics) imagine being both Thanos and Cable. Kinda like how you could be both Deadpool and Green Lan--oh wait.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

That or they're secretly combining the Super Villain origins of Stryfe and Thanos and so Brolin is playing a time displaced mutant clone of himself from a possible future

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Both sides are the inspiration for the film Boss Baby though so it's not realistic.

Que?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Longbaugh01 posted:

Wow. I didn't see that coming at all and I guess neither did anyone else.

I like it. Brolin can be gruff but also funny, and makes an excellent straightman.

Boy, as an actor (and if you liked comics) imagine being both Thanos and Cable. Kinda like how you could be both Deadpool and Green Lan--oh wait.
Affleck is the one who's truly living the dream.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They are childish.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Dacap posted:

I wonder if Avengers 4 will be less of a Thanos sorry than initially thought. They did get rid of the "infinity war part 2" name.

I feel like they said they're filming both back to back, and IW has been filming for at least a few weeks now... he could probably be done with both Avengers well before he has to step on set as Cable.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

irlZaphod posted:

Affleck is the one who's truly living the dream.

Honestly forgot him. The director's cut of DD is ok.

Edit: Maybe I've asked this before either here or in the TV thread, but we don't have a BSS animation (tv/movie) thread? Has there ever been one?

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 12, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well that sure is some lackluster casting.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rhyno posted:

Well that sure is some lackluster casting.
Yeah...I'm not sure if this is going to work but I guess we will see. I was hoping for the guy who plays the Sheriff on Stranger Things.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
If this means less MCU Thanos then I approve.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Edit: Maybe I've asked this before either here or in the TV thread, but we don't have a BSS animation (tv/movie) thread? Has there ever been one?

There is one.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Thanks! Missed it somehow.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Longbaugh01 posted:

Thanks! Missed it somehow.

It basically withered away in activity the same time superhero cartoons did. Like for a long stretch the only conversation topic was like 300 episodes of Teen Titans Go and talking about how much The Killing Joke sucks.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

mycot posted:

It basically withered away in activity the same time superhero cartoons did. Like for a long stretch the only conversation topic was like 300 episodes of Teen Titans Go and talking about how much The Killing Joke sucks.

I was just curious about it because I started watching that new Teen Titans movie.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
E: may have been a slight exaggeration.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shamiek Moore, who some of you may know as Malcolm from Dope, will be voicing Mile Morales in Lord and Miller's animated Spider-Man movie. Liev Schreiber has also been cast as the villain of the film. This is great news as Liev is a great voice talent as well and Shamiek was fantastic in Dope. I wonder what age they're going with for Miles as Shamiek does have a young sounding voice but not quite like 12 or 13 like Miles was in the beginning before being aged up.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If Wallopin' Websnappers guy can voice a teenager then Dope guy can voice a young teen.

Also I love that my phone remembered what word followed wallopin'.

Edit: n/m, forgot 60s cartoon Peter was in university

Lobok fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 14, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

X-O posted:

Shamiek Moore, who some of you may know as Malcolm from Dope, will be voicing Mile Morales in Lord and Miller's animated Spider-Man movie. Liev Schreiber has also been cast as the villain of the film. This is great news as Liev is a great voice talent as well and Shamiek was fantastic in Dope. I wonder what age they're going with for Miles as Shamiek does have a young sounding voice but not quite like 12 or 13 like Miles was in the beginning before being aged up.

He is also awesome in The Get Down as the comic book and martial arts movie-obsessed Shaolin Fantastic.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
It's incredible I somehow forgot shaolin and Malcom were the same actor.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Longbaugh01 posted:

I mean if I had to rank comic movies Daredevil was far from the worst, I absolutely loathed X-men 3, Spider Man 3 and pretty much anything Fantastic 4 related far more than I did Daredevil.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean if I had to rank comic movies Daredevil was far from the worst, I absolutely loathed X-men 3, Spider Man 3 and pretty much anything Fantastic 4 related far more than I did Daredevil.

Someone has never seen Shaquille O"Neil as Steel.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

X-O posted:

Uh, sorry, but everyone should know that Shamiek's real name is DJ Shaolin Fantastic.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The Daredevil film was especially frustrating because there was a good movie in there somewhere. It got a lot right which only made the parts that made it suck that much more glaring.

So glad Netflix loving nailed it for the most part.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

bunnyofdoom posted:

Someone has never seen Shaquille O"Neil as Steel.

His character's name was Kazaam, not Steele.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

His character's name was Kazaam, not Steele.

Actually the character was called "Shazam" and he was played by Sinbad.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I wish I had liked Dope so that I could ride the hype wave with everyone else. I hope the guy rocks the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
How did anybody not like Dope?

• Locked thread