Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

So this gets a card that's in the next set, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Yeah this is good.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

This is undoubtedly the most disappointing real card from a fake spoiled card I've ever seen.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The two cards that really stand out to me at uncommon are the 3/2 flying deathtouch that only cost B if a creature died,
and the 3/2 that ads +1/+0 when it attacks to your team at R/W.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TheMaestroso posted:

So this gets a card that's in the next set, right?

I was looking for it in this spoiler and couldn't find it either. Wouldn't be the first time they did this, even recently.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
^^ I like those two as well

The 3/3 1RG with trample that gives everything else you have trample seems great for limited too

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
It doesn't look like enough good cards that put -1/-1 counter on opposing creatures were spoiled to hurt winding constrictor decks. One mana deathtouch bird goes directly into those decks, probably as a 4-of, since they already run like eight cheap removal spells.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

red cant have nice things

new toy for living end, it's almost a strict upgrade to carabid. there's also a 7/7 but two mana cycling might be a dealbreaker

gravedigger is back. seems a little poorly positioned for limited, since with embalm everyone is going to have access to 2-for-1 creatures

what a nightmare to play against in limited

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

uninverted posted:

It doesn't look like enough good cards that put -1/-1 counter on opposing creatures were spoiled to hurt winding constrictor decks. One mana deathtouch bird goes directly into those decks, probably as a 4-of, since they already run like eight cheap removal spells.

Pretty sure that bird is going to see modern play.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
The B Delver of Secrets will see play in a lot of formats. It's considerably worse than Delver of Secrets, but it's still really good.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Oh hey the last land was Wilds. That's fixing, I guess.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Pretty sure that bird is going to see modern play.

What deck wants that in modern that is going to be easily able to turn it on?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

InterrupterJones posted:

This is undoubtedly the most disappointing real card from a fake spoiled card I've ever seen.

Why is it a "wurm" when it's obviously a snake head?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I feel like there's too many decks that dodge it for Bone Picker to be good in modern/legacy. Maybe you can hedge a bit by playing it as a 1-of but the card is super embarassing against tron, scapeshift, ad nauseam, control, etc. Or just take out all the removal with discard spells and leave the card stranded in your opponent's hand.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Grixis Delver

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

I'd play that in limited even without the cost reduction ability.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sampatrick posted:

The B Delver of Secrets will see play in a lot of formats. It's considerably worse than Delver of Secrets, but it's still really good.

It's not like Delver's ubiquitous. I'm skeptical - against a lot of decks it's a very embarrassing card.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
What are the odds of Dread Wanderer making its way into Mardu?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sampatrick posted:

Grixis Delver

Only against certain matchups. It's also a more defensive body and Delver is probably just in the market to play a Tasigur on T3 over this.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

you might not care but others do

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

Grixis Delver easily. Sure its crap against decks with little/no early creatures, but thankfully the format is full of poo poo that dies to fatal push. 4 delver, 4 bonepicker, 4 snap, 4 push, 4 bolt, 4 serum visions, then the normal spells snares, remands etc, couple anglers/tasigurs for late game. It won't make grixis delver t1 but it is much better than young pyro in most cases because you play it for B and it is a 3/2 flying deathtouch.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
This card is sick for limited:

all the multicolor uncommons are sweet.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Rinkles posted:

It's not like Delver's ubiquitous. I'm skeptical - against a lot of decks it's a very embarrassing card.

At least in Modern, there aren't really many decks that don't have creatures and of those they're almost entirely tier 2. There are a lot of matchups where this is bad, you're right, but there are also a lot of matchups where this is really good. I would honestly be shocked if it didn't see play.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Barry Shitpeas posted:

That was sincerely the highlight of my day.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Drafting a U/B/x cycling deck is going to be sweet

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

jassi007 posted:

Grixis Delver easily. Sure its crap against decks with little/no early creatures, but thankfully the format is full of poo poo that dies to fatal push. 4 delver, 4 bonepicker, 4 snap, 4 push, 4 bolt, 4 serum visions, then the normal spells snares, remands etc, couple anglers/tasigurs for late game. It won't make grixis delver t1 but it is much better than young pyro in most cases because you play it for B and it is a 3/2 flying deathtouch.

Grixis Delver is a aggro deck. This is a defensive card and it's a complete crap topdeck later in the game. I don't see it. If you think Tasigur is for later in the game you haven't been playing Grixis Delver. That deck wants a T2/T3 Tasigur to do it's thing.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Firebatgyro posted:

Drafting a U/B/x cycling deck is going to be sweet
I feel like drafting anything and black is going to be sweet.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Grixis Delver is a aggro deck. This is a defensive card and it's a complete crap topdeck later in the game. I don't see it. If you think Tasigur is for later in the game you haven't been playing Grixis Delver. That deck wants a T2/T3 Tasigur to do it's thing.

I don't agree that its a defensive card. It also triggers off your creatures dying, which will be a thing that happens against even the creature light decks. It is a downgrade in a lot of situations to delver and won't replace it, but the rate and deathtouch are big upsides that are hard to ignore.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

a 3/2 flier for 1cmc is a defensive card? I can't even man. I know that I always hold my flipped delvers back for defense too. loving bomb rear end blocker against Death Shadow and Goyf. /s

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

mcmagic posted:

You can t2 cast the bird way more consistently than t2 Tasigur. The card might be mediocre late game, but that's also true of Delver of Secrets. Tasigur is pretty weak in Modern nowadays, being able to get aggressive earlier on seems much better. It's certainly worth testing at the very least.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Siivola posted:

Oh hey the last land was Wilds. That's fixing, I guess.

I like this art, gonna replace the ones in my edh decks with it

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

You can t2 cast the bird way more consistently than t2 Tasigur. The card might be mediocre late game, but that's also true of Delver of Secrets. Tasigur is pretty weak in Modern nowadays, being able to get aggressive earlier on seems much better. It's certainly worth testing at the very least.

Tasigur is not weak in modern. Its a big card in grixis death shadow and it currently battle the jund version for the best deck in modern.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sampatrick posted:

I think, T2 this and T2 Tasigur are about equally possible and Tasigur is better. You need to have your T1 play killed on your turn 2 OR have a Bolt/Push and they play a one drop. I don't think that will happen very often.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Yeah, saying that the bird is "way better than Young Pyro most of the time" kinda tells me you haven't played much Delver

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

jassi007 posted:

a 3/2 flier for 1cmc is a defensive card? I can't even man. I know that I always hold my flipped delvers back for defense too. loving bomb rear end blocker against Death Shadow and Goyf. /s

if your opponent has early targets for fatal push, then you are probably in the control role as grixis delver

Sickening posted:

I don't agree that its a defensive card. It also triggers off your creatures dying, which will be a thing that happens against even the creature light decks. It is a downgrade in a lot of situations to delver and won't replace it, but the rate and deathtouch are big upsides that are hard to ignore.

Keep in mind that it has to be done on your turn, and exile effects don't work. these are huge downsides and there's already incentive against U/B to use removal on your opponents turn while they're tapped out

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Barry Shitpeas posted:

What the gently caress?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Is Aristocrats a deck in modern?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

jassi007 posted:

You can't play it on T1 and attack with it on T2 as a 3/2 like you can with delver. Also the card Delver sucks in modern and you should never play it but that is a whole nother issue.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Barry Shitpeas posted:

:stare:
Diegetic arguments are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mcmagic posted:

You can't play it on T1 and attack with it on T2 as a 3/2 like you can with delver. Also the card Delver sucks in modern and you should never play it but that is a whole nother issue.

Ah man I was on your side till this post

• Locked thread