Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Eh, they'd have figured out what to do without me, I'm just the guy bullheaded enough to go downstairs, see the store door is locked, and force open a garage door by setting a flashlight under the garage door window's rim and using the added leverage to push the door up until I could slide my feet under and use my body to hold the rest of it up.

I, for one, would probably not have thought of this. You're pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Prepare to die dine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qlKNHgxmSE

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

I live above a pool store and the person operating the pool store was running a generator down there and when they closed up the store, they left the generator on and the generator says not to operate indoors or else because it emits carbon monoxide and can kill in minutes if left running in an enclosed space. Had to open up the windows and ventilate the apartment and go downstairs and pull open their garage door in order to shut off the generator.

You should probably move as soon as you can. Having a neighbor whose ignorance can literally kill you does not sound like a good time. Don't die, dude.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Nintendo Switch sold 900k units in north america, making it the fastest selling Nintendo console so far

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

They also managed to sell more copies of BOTW for Switch than they sold actual Switches :bravo:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lurdiak posted:

I'm glad you did not die.

This, but unironically.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mordja posted:

This, but unironically.

Hey! That's not funny.

I'm greatly enjoying the comments furiously trying to paint this as a fuckup. Nintendo is DOOMED!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nintendo could post Apple numbers and some folks would still think they're doomed. I wouldn't say the switch is a done deal success yet but if it's gonna be that's what its first month would look like.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If someone leaves an indoor generator running that could cause CO2 poisoning that's a prime opportunity to call the fire department and tell them "hey, some dude left a generator running and it's filling the building with CO2."

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
You will never be able to afford a Switch as it happened with wii U. It will stick to the nonsense us$300 forever, because why not?. Before they down it to the right price they prefer to burn in hell slowly, like a roasted ckicken.

What I see this gen is exactly as what happened with ps2 gen, but in a different way. Now ps4 is the most powerful, but people rejects to accept the others are cheating them, and of course, ps4 isn't going to sell 160m, not by any chance, no matter what happens.

So, make you a favour and buy a ps4 unless you already have it, then spend the money you have in games for it.

Reggie isn't going to laught at me in my face :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lurdiak posted:

I'm greatly enjoying the comments furiously trying to paint this as a fuckup. Nintendo is DOOMED!

It's always weird when gamers have to weave fanciful narratives about how the developers they don't like are perennially on the verge of financial ruin.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

man you've gotta be pretty dedicated to the idea of seeing nintendo fail if you're spinning "record breaking 1st month sales" into "disaster for nintendo"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

man you've gotta be pretty dedicated to the idea of seeing nintendo fail if you're spinning "record breaking 1st month sales" into "disaster for nintendo"

It's not record breaking enough.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

nintendo is disaster, so nintendo breaking record mean breaking records a disaster

i am smart caveman me poo poo on the walls and do the calculus

why Nintendo mean and break records vinyl back in style now

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I talk a lot of poo poo about Nintendo and while I don't understand why the Switch's first month sales would be that insane, there is no way to really spin that beyond that this might end up being what Nintendo hoped and needed it to be.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Raserys posted:

You will never be able to afford a Switch as it happened with wii U. It will stick to the nonsense us$300 forever, because why not?. Before they down it to the right price they prefer to burn in hell slowly, like a roasted ckicken.

What I see this gen is exactly as what happened with ps2 gen, but in a different way. Now ps4 is the most powerful, but people rejects to accept the others are cheating them, and of course, ps4 isn't going to sell 160m, not by any chance, no matter what happens.

So, make you a favour and buy a ps4 unless you already have it, then spend the money you have in games for it.

:yikes:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

exquisite tea posted:

It's always weird when gamers have to weave fanciful narratives about how the developers they don't like are perennially on the verge of financial ruin.

This happens a lot in the traditional tabletop nerdgames hobby which is exacerbated by most publishers not releasing any sort of sales data whatsoever, which means the narratives are even more made-up.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Raserys posted:

It took me a good minute to realize you just forgot to source your quotes.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Post the response you were preparing

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i would rather make me a favour and buy games for my ps4 than i would buy a switch though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

subtle

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just enough... exponent?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I saw someone wearing a borderlands shirt the other day, I see the mass effect N7 hoodie a lot too

I wear my Junpei hat from my persona 3 portable pre-order occassionally

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think the N7 hoodie is that offensive. It pretty much passes as regular clothes, right?

More likely to make me chuckle than cringe.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I saw someone wearing the Nier Automata T-Shirt (&#@! Square Enix) in public the other day and wanted to point at them and go YEEEEE out of excitement but I did not because I am a normal human being.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CJacobs posted:

I saw someone wearing the Nier Automata T-Shirt (&#@! Square Enix) in public the other day and wanted to point at them and go YEEEEE out of excitement but I did not because I am a normal human being.

you should have talked to them

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CJacobs posted:

A normal human being would have talked to them and potentially made a friend :)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This might shock you but the person wearing a shirt with a videogame on it would probably enjoy talking about it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

an actual dog posted:

you should have talked to them

Hahaha, talking to other people. You're funny

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Blotto_Otter posted:

I really don't know what Microsoft is hoping to accomplish with Scorpio. I don't give a poo poo about 4K if there aren't good games to play in 4K, and the only Xbox exclusives I care about (Forza Horizon) are on PC now so if I did care about 4K I could just get a new video card instead of a Scorpio. 2017 is making me regret my decision to get an XB1 instead of a PS4 a few years ago.

They needed a response to the PS4Pro, and as long as you're spending money on a chip respin it doesn't cost any more in up-front development costs to make it more powerful. (Especially the way the Pro & Scorpio add power, the GPU units are super modular and you can basically just pick a number for how many you want.) It makes the chip more expensive to produce though, so the Scorpio is gonna be more expensive than the Pro. Unless MS decided they're gonna sell for a loss, which doesn't seem likely.

MS gaming division is caught between a rock and a hard place. The rock is the legacy of One's beyond awful first year and how completely they owned themselves. The hard place is that they don't have support from the CEO level to solve the problem by throwing money at games. Exclusives are expensive, buying studios is expensive. That's how they did it with the 360, not gonna happen this time.

So I think scorpio is a play for more time & wait for sony to gently caress up. Being the MOST POWER gives them something to sell, and a reason for the people who have every console to fire up their xbox for multi-platform titles.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only video game shirts I wear outside are the subtle ones that just look like a cool design if you don't already know what they're referring to, like this.

I saw a guy once wearing a shirt that looked at first glance like typical tourist crap from some coastal city but by the time I realized it read Greetings from Dunwall he was too far away to show any appreciation.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I usually pick up a fangamer shirt or hoodie at PAX. I think they look pretty nice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's definitely embarrassing gamer merch and there's something to be said about wearing what's essentially advertisements as clothes, but I think if you love video games you shouldn't be worried that someone might know your t-shirt is about video games.

It reminds me of that N-gage marketing strategy that relied on the idea that it was embarrassing to be seen playing games in public.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Hahaha, talking to other people. You're funny
I think you made the right call. That person could have been wearing that NieR shirt as a part of elaborate long con they were trying to pull. For all you know, they've been staking you out for months, studying your every move, your every purchase, building a psychological profile in order to easily manipulate you. After tricking you into thinking you've made a friend, they pull the rug out from under you and steal your wallet before running away wildly into a crowded street. You could try and give chase, but alas CJacobs they may be too fast for you.

Just preemptively ignoring them was clearly the safer move, and probably one they weren't expecting.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I have a shirt of Metal Gear Rex hiding in a giant cardboard box.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A nice girl at the register at my Stop & Shop thought my Zelda Triforce fangamer shirt was really neat.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I usually pick up a fangamer shirt or hoodie at PAX. I think they look pretty nice.

The only gamer thing I ever felt comfortable wearing out of the house was their Lavos hoodie.

I also bought a Wolf Team shirt back when 1cc shirts was a thing but always felt too self conscious to ever wear it in public, especially after I realized in my mind that it's a stealth wolf shirt, too.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Someone posted a picture of a rolling suit-case with Tales mascot character stickers plastered all over the case earlier in the thread and even I'm not brave enough to use that in public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i like this video game shirt

• Locked thread