Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

backers must realize none of this is possible in an actual mmo setting right

Of course not, they're all too busy being stoked that CIG is going to render the player's UI projected against the inside of their helmet glass instead of just doing it the easy (and possible) way for some loving reason lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/377179/how-to-go-about-asking-refunds

he needs starcitizen_refunds

e:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 14, 2017

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
Spectrum everyone.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Kosumo posted:

I can help you on that, Doctor Kos is here to help

...or some say Dr. Kosm.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
And here is the final email.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

DapperDon posted:

I don't think Mac is very versed in the ways of the world.
Where the hell do they find these customer support people. Rejects from the local municipality red tape office?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

DapperDon posted:

Just reply that, no, much like CIG, you have done nothing noteworthy.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

DapperDon posted:

We already rectified the situation... by deleting the forums in question. Thank You.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MilesK posted:

We already rectified the situation... by deleting the forums in question. Thank You.

I told Beer that was exactly what they would do yesterday.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ripptide posted:

Just reply that, no, much like CIG, you have done nothing noteworthy.

:drat:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/852868126291238912
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/852264691304980480

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DapperDon posted:

I told Beer that was exactly what they would do yesterday.

It's pretty impressive.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/852193587567763457
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/852194312628711424
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/852891014792654848

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

For comparison:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

What the gently caress is wrong with that dude

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo

Well we went ahead and reverted the ban and deleted any notes you might have wanted to see ... so problem solved !

They really are the absolute worst at everything customer facing

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Propagandist posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with that dude

Everything.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Remember who headed security at Citizencon.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

lol DapperDon that isn't even what they're supposed to give you when you request what information they have on you.

quote:

This right, commonly referred to as subject access, is created by section 7 of the Data Protection Act. It is most often used by individuals who want to see a copy of the information an organisation holds about them. However, the right of access goes further than this, and an individual who makes a written request and pays a fee is entitled to be:

told whether any personal data is being processed;
given a description of the personal data, the reasons it is being processed, and whether it will be given to any other organisations or people;
given a copy of the information comprising the data; and given details of the source of the data (where this is available).
In most cases you must respond to a subject access request promptly and in any event within 40 calendar days of receiving it.

and the US version is pretty similar and might even go further.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/aboutFTB/privacy/principles.shtml#P5

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Stoca Zola posted:

lol DapperDon that isn't even what they're supposed to give you when you request what information they have on you.

and the US version is pretty similar and might even go further.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/aboutFTB/privacy/principles.shtml#P5

They're all idiots, and they seem to think that 'information' means just on their forums (which are now shut down)

I can bet you a brand new Constellation they had something really damning in their internal notes that they purged, and they're trying to avoid showing any other account details lest DapperDon figure out the ruse

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Star Citizen: gamey constaints

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Does this guy legit think that SC has realistic flight mechanics? he has to be a troll.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

Does this guy legit think that SC has realistic flight mechanics? he has to be a troll.

Nah, angry pacifist is just one of the most insane citizens, which is quite a feat.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Are the thruster values still bullshit? It used to be that the engine did simulate the effects of the thrusters in their modeled locations, but the models were so lovely and unbalanced that they had to resort to things like maneuvering thrusters producing more force than the main engine.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DapperDon posted:

Plead the 5th

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Plead the 5th

I still haven't decided how I am going to replay to that yet.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"I've taken notes on the lack of information that my request for information has provided and I will be forwarding it to the proper authorities."

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Kosumo posted:

One person who was not that impressed was WTFOSAURAS, cos he's a pick up artist. He already has grabby hands as seen on that NYE D&D stream.

What? No, citizens are well adjus

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"I've taken notes on the lack of information that my request for information has provided and I will be forwarding it to the proper authorities."

I'd be tempted to preface that with Dear Cunts in Charge of Internet Spaceships

his nibs fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 14, 2017

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

What? No, citizens are well adjus

:vince:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

I have taken notes on your lack of notes in relation to my request for the notes on my account, please keep this note handy for future reference when the local authorities send you a notice of intent

or something like that

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

DapperDon posted:

Keep it simple.

"Noted."

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

...or else!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

This just (re)surfaced on FDev, and I wonder…

quote:

CR: So it’s really more just about the fact that there will be a limit to how many players we can simulate on one server. Right now it’s 24 in Arena Commander and it’s about 40 when you’re running around Arc Corp. Really, that’s actually 8 instances running on one server. So, if you just times it by 8 and figure it out we could have 200 players if we could scale the game linearly that way but right now we can’t because it’s not – parts of it are built for multithreading and distributing to all of the cores but some aren’t. That’s what we’re doing a lot of refactoring on, so an individual server instance could perhaps run 200 players which then is obviously a lot denser than what we have right now and you would still seamlessly go between locations. But, on top of that if you can mesh those servers together and each server is authoritative over a group of players and generally those players would be based on colocation and each server tells the other servers what it has done with the players it’s responsible for. You can sort of, on a peer-to-peer basis on the server side, you can have thousands of players being simulated all at once but each server is only doing the work for its little portion. That’s the new model, we’re not the only people that are working on this or trying to work on this. It is the new model of using the big – using the cloud to give you a lot more game experience and that’s where we’re going. At some point, you know, we may even – that may allow us to have 2,000 people in the same area or whatever but what if there was maybe 10,000? At that point we probably would still have to instance. At the beginning here we’re trying to make it not feel instanced so you would be gated. So, if there’s already too many people in a location, ‘the landing pads are all full’.

Full episode transcript:https://relay.sc/transcript/reverse-the-verse-special-edition
…this was back in October, but I don't remember it being mentioned here. Was everyone's mind just so completely blown by Chris turning generic and highly standardised AWS virtual servers into a custom cluster architecture with zero transaction costs that no-one noticed?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

This just (re)surfaced on FDev, and I wonder…

…this was back in October, but I don't remember it being mentioned here. Was everyone's mind just so completely blown by Chris turning generic and highly standardised AWS virtual servers into a custom cluster architecture with zero transaction costs that no-one noticed?

a) Chris is never wrong
b) When he's wrong is because he's naive and trusting
c) If it is not naiveté it's because he's been forced to lie.
d) Him telling lies is actually good.

Rahtas
Oct 22, 2010

RABBIT TROOP FOREVER!

tuo posted:

...or some say Dr. Kosm.

What the backers need are more eyes. GRANT THEM EYES...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Just FYI the Warlord's freaking out on the Tweetré.