Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
MOAB is just a big conventional bomb, it is in no way comparable to a nuke. It's the difference between tons of TNT and the equivalent of hundreds of thousands of tons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Football.

Schedule next week

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chilichimp posted:

If he actually solves NK by parking a carrier battle group off the coast and dropping a MOAB on their nuke test tunnel network... I'm gonna be real mad. If it turns out he just brazenly ignores the accepted norms of geo-policy out of a sheer lack of will to learn the norms... and then everyone laughs at him, but it all works... we'll have to live with him for 4 more years...

My lovely conservative work friend thinks that Trump "struck a deal" with China and they're gonna help us invade Korea. He's convinced all of this is just proof of how great a deal-maker Trump really is.

I reminded him that even if that were true, and China agreed to help us whack the CCP vassal state, we likely had to GIVE SOMETHING UP IN RETURN. What could that have been? We agree to help them gently caress Taiwan? We let them have North Korea, to the disgust and outrage of South Korea? We extradite the Dalai Lama?

To have gained something as huge as Chinas cooperation in removing their "regional madman buffer" we would have had to have buckled real real hard on something else. He disagrees and said things like, "Why would China side with the North Koreans over the US?"

Putting pressure on China is probably the right way, but China does NOT want to create a humanitarian crisis that it has to deal with primarily, so yeah, we would have to give something up massive in return.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Michael Corleone posted:

How much did the MOAB cost? I was hearing like $200 million yesterday but now they I have read the bomb cost $18 million. I mean you need a lot of fuel to fly something that heavy, but still.

Also, why are we losing the OAB race? Russia has a FOAB that is 4x as powerful!

The MOAB project cost about $300 million for research and development of 20 bombs. Cost per bomb is about $16 million, so lunch money for congress for a day.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

McNair was 06'. I'm saying if he arrived 3 years earlier, when Boller rolled into town, those Ravens teams would've won it all. They would've been champs :qq:

https://youtu.be/d9n4DlmibDQ

Argh I'm on my phone and can't seem to get an embeddable link

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 14, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

If he actually solves NK by parking a carrier battle group off the coast and dropping a MOAB on their nuke test tunnel network... I'm gonna be real mad.

Well that won't happen at least, you can't drop this from a plane that could safely get there, even with North Korea's outdated AA stuff.

sean10mm posted:

MOAB is just a big conventional bomb, it is in no way comparable to a nuke. It's the difference between tons of TNT and the equivalent of hundreds of thousands of tons.

Oh agreed, but it's still the largest conventional bomb we have by quite a bit.

Also we should move this discussion to the chat thread.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
isn't there a chat thread for this poo poo?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Backseat modding well I never

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

McNair was 06'. I'm saying if he arrived 3 years earlier, when Boller rolled into town, those Ravens teams would've won it all. They would've been champs :qq:

Yes if Baltimore had an elite qb their chance to win the super bowl increases exponentially

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Let's reflect on the true afccg in 2006 that never was

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

Backseat modding well I never
he's right tho

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"give us a chat thread"

"What the gently caress stop expecting us to use the chat thread"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I brainlessly clicked on a thread with unread posts and it was alot of Trump chatter so I posted thinking it was the Trump thread.

My bad, friends.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

a neat cape posted:

Let's reflect on the true afccg in 2006 that never was

Imaginary SB 41 champion Baltimore ravens

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I've been hanging around D&D lately, trying to get my finger on the pulse of current events, and I get sad and upset when I see TFF regulars get screamed at and called bitchmade dumbass fucks. Mcmagic, Fiz and Volkerball seem to catch a lot of poo poo in particular lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

^^^ this is basically volkerball in the Middle East thread

Oberst posted:

Imaginary SB 41 champion Baltimore ravens

Feat. Shannon Sharpe

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 14, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I've been hanging around D&D lately, trying to get my finger on the pulse of current events, and I get sad and upset when I see TFF regulars get screamed at and called bitchmade dumbass fucks. Mcmagic, Fiz and Volkerball seem to catch a lot of poo poo in particular lol

McMagic is easily hated more in TFF than D&D, so the first call-out post there wasn't a super shock.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chilichimp posted:

McMagic is easily hated more in TFF than D&D, so the first call-out post there wasn't a super shock.

"Hated" seems a bit strong. These are sports opinions, nothing more.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sharknado slashfic posted:

^^^ this is basically volkerball in the Middle East thread

Hahaha

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

warcrimes posted:

"Hated" seems a bit strong. These are sports opinions, nothing more.

Yeah, he posts like a caustic rear end in a top hat, so people act that way back at him, but I definitely don't hate the guy. I always found his style pretty funny.

Now important topics like D&D or traditional games, there you'll see people really go for the knives against everyone.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I want mcmagic to post in Pet Island.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I want mcmagic to post in Pet Island.

I really want to ask PI if I should continue feeding my dog Kibbles N Bits from the pet store I bought him from or if I should switch to Alpo.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I wonder what the record for death threats received over PM is, because I'm sure that post could compete for it.

Nov 6, 2002

Oh also, I want to breed him with my neighbor's dog. Do I have to untie him for that or can we just tie them both up to the same pole and let nature happen?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jury reached a verdict in the Aaron Hernandez double murder case after 6 days of deliberations.

It's one day off from the two year anniversary of his previous murder conviction.

This gif is from a game months after he murdered Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado by driving up to their vehicle and firing into it in retaliation for spilling a drink on him.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 14, 2017

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Jury reached a verdict in the Aaron Hernandez double murder case after 6 days of deliberations.
He's already doing life so I'm waiting with baited breathe to find out if he'll continue serving life.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

He's already doing life so I'm waiting with baited breathe to find out if he'll continue serving life.

I know, it seems like a waste of everyone's time to me, but hey.

At least the guy he shot and lived just testified against him instead of pressing charges and giving us a 3rd trial.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Holy poo poo, Not guilty :stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

what the gently caress

Nov 6, 2002

How deflating.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol what

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahahaha America is full of loving retards

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot
Aaron "Free like OJ all day" Hernandez

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I think the main witness for those shootings got given immunity and the jury asked about that specifically (what weight to give the testimony of someone who had gotten immunity), if I had to guess they decided they didn't believe the witness because of that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not guilty of killing the two victims.

Not guilty of witness intimidation for shooting Alex Bradley in the eye. (his defense was that he didn't kill them, that Alex Bradley actually killed them over a drug deal).

Guilty of weapons charges. (lol)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

That result is under appeal. Because of this result, if the Odin-murder guilty verdict gets overturned, he walks entirely.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
This just in: pats sign TE aaron hernandez to vet min contract

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They're not sending their best.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012