Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Baloogan posted:

ya i know, friend of mine has a story about playing it and how 4/5 players were `companions` and basically solved everything through whoring.

Sounds about right when it comes to Browncoats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

speaking of KOTOR, why do the far in the past prequels like KOTOR have the same technology as every other entry in the series? does their universe never change?

Coolguye posted:

people say this but how many movies or other major productions did he appear in after star wars, what exactly did those performances leverage him into?

he got a steady gig as the joker which eventually turned into the arkham series of games, but that was what, like 15 years of remaking himself from being luke skywalker? and even after that the best non star wars thing he could land was some bullshit in loving star citizen?

his career was over after star wars lol, he just had the gumption to make a new career from scratch.

I mean, kind of, but that's true of many actors who just kind of fade away after a big role. The fact that he still exists and makes money outside of Star Wars means his career wasn't destroyed, it just didn't do as well as you might've expected.

Dude's still loving rich though.

Epic High Five posted:

I look forward to hearing the screams of the "both sides are the same heh" dorkbros and the incel basement dwellers screaming about getting drafted

I also look forward to busting out the old, "well if you love your President and his beliefs so much why don't you sign up to fight for him?" line again
:same:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Serf posted:

dude got into a car wreck and was all hosed up for a while and then he went to make a bunch of weird movies in japan apparently

he said at some point he got into voice acting because he was self-conscious about his face after the accident

isn't this not true - the accident was mid-way through doing Star Wars and was mostly just a broken nose plus a bit of scarring?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
u are what u post

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Yinlock posted:

uh aren't both the sith villians completely falling apart because they have nothing except anger and an empty void, respectively

the emotional stuff seems to be mostly regarding the Sith in the past but yeah the villains in the game are hollow husks, and i guess you could call nihilism a sort of passion if youre really aggressive about it like Darth Nihilus or whatever that guys name was

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Ramadu posted:

Jurassic World owned because lmao their plan was to market velociraptors powered by verizon (tm) in afghanistan to hun isis.

and they put the t-rex pen next to the hotel lmao

If you thought that stuff was cool you really really owe it to yourself to hunt down the original JP4 script that's talked about here...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/18166

quote:

All of that happens by page 39, at which point I realized I had no idea where this thing was going, and I quit trying to guess. It kept confounding my expectations. It certainly didn’t feel like it was just another rehash of the same formula. When Nick wakes up, he’s in the tower of a medieval castle in the Alps. Seriously. That’s the precise moment when the entire enterprise goes so over-the-top loony that you’ll either go along with it for the entire insane ride or reject it roundly as a big bag of ludicrous. Nick is introduced to Adrien Joyce, the major domo henchman of Baron von Drax, CEO of the Grendel Corporation. Joyce isn’t a moustache-twirling bad guy bent on torturing Nick into revealing where he hid the shaving cream can. Instead, he offers Nick a job, and in order to explain the job to him, he has to take him on a tour of the entire castle, which turns out to be a fairly sophisticated genetics lab where Grendel Corporation has been breeding some dinosaurs of their own design, cross-breeds that never existed in any era of nature with all sorts of custom modifications.

I want to tread lightly on what happens over the course of the rest of the film on the off chance that Mary Parent or someone at Universal is seriously going to make this thing. There’s the eight-year-old-boy side of me that thinks that a DIRTY DOZEN-style mercenary team of hyper-smart dinosaurs in body armor killing drug dealers and rescuing kidnapped children will be impossible to resist. And then there’s the side of me that says... WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Nick is put in charge of training these five dinosaurs, X1 through X5, and the first thing he does is name them. “Any soldier worth his pay has a name to answer to, not a number,” he says. So we are introduced to Achilles, Hector, Perseus, Orestes, and Spartacus, each of them a specially created deinonychus, which is sort of like a miniature T-rex. They have super-sensitive smell and hearing, incredible strength and speed and pack-hunting instincts, and they have modified forelegs, lengthened and topped with more dextrous fingers, as well as dog DNA for increased obedience and human DNA so they can solve problems well. All of this is topped off with a drug-regulating implant that can dose them with adrenaline or serotonin as the situation demands.

I forget where I downloaded it, but this doesn't undersell it one bit. It's one of the craziest scripts I've ever read.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ramadu posted:

He starred in the live action version of THE GUYVER and it loving ruled. the anime and both live action movies

the guyver was a weird movie i found at the mom and pop vhs store and kept renting bc it was rad as gently caress

poo poo rules

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Serf posted:

unfortunately incorrect but so it goes

Incorrect about Lucas or Ed Balls?

Either or both are fighting words, sir.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/852924405474873345
https://twitter.com/swin24/status/852925394214952960

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Coolguye posted:

people say this but how many movies or other major productions did he appear in after star wars, what exactly did those performances leverage him into?

he got a steady gig as the joker which eventually turned into the arkham series of games, but that was what, like 15 years of remaking himself from being luke skywalker? and even after that the best non star wars thing he could land was some bullshit in loving star citizen?

his career was over after star wars lol, he just had the gumption to make a new career from scratch.

yeah, that role was too iconic. i remember renting the guyver? some real bad movie he was in and it just was impossible because he was luke and couldn't be anything else to me and i imagine that's what a lot of casting directors thought. it's really impressive that he was able to pull a second iconic role out with joker, who now i compare any joker voice too, usually negatively because he's really good as joker.

i kinda think he might be a better actor in general now than he was when he was a dumb kid?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

feetnotes posted:

Shout out to this guy

Hangin out all day at his outer space bar with the huuuuuuge bong he built w/ IG-88's head

lol everyone in star wars is droid racist as all hell

like imagine they're all white dudes drinking beer poured out of a black dudes' severed heads on a pikes

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

the emotional stuff seems to be mostly regarding the Sith in the past but yeah the villains in the game are hollow husks, and i guess you could call nihilism a sort of passion if youre really aggressive about it like Darth Nihilus or whatever that guys name was

I mean, with a name like that what else is he gonna do

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If you thought that stuff was cool you really really owe it to yourself to hunt down the original JP4 script that's talked about here...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/18166

I forget where I downloaded it, but this doesn't undersell it one bit. It's one of the craziest scripts I've ever read.

That owns. Have you seen the original Interstellar script/concept because its batshit and full of crazy chinese robots and aliens and poo poo

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nichael posted:

speaking of KOTOR, why do the far in the past prequels like KOTOR have the same technology as every other entry in the series? does their universe never change?

they are stuck in an endless cycle of growth and decay bc of force users.

Majorian posted:

Incorrect about Lucas or Ed Balls?

lucas. dude owns

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Apparently it's a rule for insane clones to misspell their names.

insaane clone posse

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

deadgoon posted:

jesus christ i know how to eat cornflakes u arent special

slow yer roll

talkin bout poo chips~

see why room temperature is a problem for these?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ash1138 posted:

lol everyone in star wars is droid racist as all hell

like imagine they're all white dudes drinking beer poured out of a black dudes' severed heads on a pikes

anh has a literal slave auction like 10mins in and lots of people missed the point lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

VectorSigma posted:

insaane clone posse

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ragtime All The Time posted:

So tired...of all these star wars..let's have another real good big war so we can get another generation of kickin rad video games and movies (and also a buncha people will die lol)

So tired of all this traffic... I can't wait to get out of Africa.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Serf posted:

they are stuck in an endless cycle of growth and decay bc of force users.

:capitalism:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

VectorSigma posted:

insaane clone posse

Violent JJ and Shaggy 3 Doop

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

feetnotes posted:

Shout out to this guy

Hangin out all day at his outer space bar with the huuuuuuge bong he built w/ IG-88's head

ya if i remember the canon was this guy actually used Greedo's corpse to ferment him and make whiskey outta him

what a way to go

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Baloogan posted:

ya i know, friend of mine has a story about playing it and how 4/5 players were `companions` and basically solved everything through whoring.

all of lifes problems can be solved by whoring

TRUMP!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Iron Crowned posted:

Violent JJ and Shaggy 3 Doop

fuckin adegan crystals, how do they work?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Serf your Star Wars opinions are good and right

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

VectorSigma posted:

i like to think each new clone gets an additional repeated vowel

iirc they in fact do

i mean i think it happened in a joke story or something but theyre all joke stories when you really think about it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Fidel Castronaut posted:

gimmicks are :effort: that i both admire and am puzzled at. like, think of the dedication toblerone triangle guy had to put in for like years to consistently play a batshit crazy person. i wonder if that poo poo changes you.

theres a dude with a toblerone gimmick?!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
LOL Trump is taking another vacation as the world is about to end.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Lastgirl posted:

ya if i remember the canon was this guy actually used Greedo's corpse to ferment him and make whiskey outta him

what a way to go

Better or worse than what happened to Greedo in that gbs thread?

E: this one https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813781

Brain Curry fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 14, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lastgirl posted:

what a way to go

there's a lot of writing where aliens are :yum:

but there's only one where aliens are :cheers:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Brain Curry posted:

Better or worse than what happened to Greedo in that gbs thread?

Which forum did he mod? :ohdear:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Philthy posted:

LOL Trump is taking another vacation as the world is about to end.

we should all be so lucky

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

when baloogan hears someone trashtalk the moab

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

what a way to go

All using ponda boba's severed arm to reach bottles off the top shelf, unclog toilets, etc. A true innovator in the cantina scene

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

punchymcpunch posted:

theres a dude with a toblerone gimmick?!

haha, if only. i'm sure he has a saclopedia entry. i didn't follow him all that close but he was like a ron paul supporter? and he had all these conspiracy beliefs, with graphs or whatever. there's some image i'm sure somebody has with two triangles. it was just crazy political nonsense and he did it for a long time and from what i heard it eventually came out that it was a gimmick but it was really believable, to the point that i probably had him on ignore, which is why i don't know a lot.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

TK-42-1 posted:

hasn't elliot smith been dead for like 15 years

he faked his death to get away from his girlfriend

Al! can confirm this for you

(i think the estate might be the one that handles the PR and endorsements and such)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

slow yer roll

talkin bout poo chips~

see why room temperature is a problem for these?

i kinda wish theyd stuck with Poo Chips but i do understand why it didnt test well

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fidel Castronaut posted:

yeah, that role was too iconic. i remember renting the guyver? some real bad movie he was in and it just was impossible because he was luke and couldn't be anything else to me and i imagine that's what a lot of casting directors thought. it's really impressive that he was able to pull a second iconic role out with joker, who now i compare any joker voice too, usually negatively because he's really good as joker.

i kinda think he might be a better actor in general now than he was when he was a dumb kid?

Try watching Guyver 2, where even if you don't recognize the main guy's face, every now and then you'll hear something in his voice and eventually realize it's Solid Snake

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

gimmicks are :effort: that i both admire and am puzzled at. like, think of the dedication toblerone triangle guy had to put in for like years to consistently play a batshit crazy person. i wonder if that poo poo changes you.

the secret here is that those people are not just playing at being batshit crazy. satirical / ironic gimmicks are just a way for the id to maneuver around the super-ego and justify giving into the impulses of anti-social behavior to oneself / others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

star wars is a movie where the hero buys a couple slaves, gets in a bar fight that leaves two dead, and then joins a terrorist organization

• Locked thread