Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.

TTerrible posted:

That seems weird and arbitrary. What saving measure?

According to CALGreen compliance as of Jan 1, 2017 the following restrictions have been put into place:

4.303.1.3.1 Single Showerheads: ≤ 2.0 gpm @ 80 psi
4.303.1.3.2 Multiple Showerheads: combined flow rate of all showerheads controlled by a single valve shall not exceed 2.0 gpm @ 80 psi, or only one shower outlet is to be in operation at a time

Also showers can only have more than one shower head if they can be at least 4' apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

bEatmstrJ posted:

4.303.1.3.2 Multiple Showerheads: combined flow rate of all showerheads controlled by a single valve shall not exceed 2.0 gpm @ 80 psi, or only one shower outlet is to be in operation at a time

...that's an "or" though.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thanks for doing my reaseach into thread search hell.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bEatmstrJ posted:

According to CALGreen compliance as of Jan 1, 2017 the following restrictions have been put into place:

Also showers can only have more than one shower head if they can be at least 4' apart.

Stop stealing and wasting water, desert dweller.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Stop stealing and wasting water, desert dweller.

NorCal user spotted

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FCKGW posted:

NorCal user spotted

gently caress (you) Got Water

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

bEatmstrJ posted:

In other news, today I learned another fun California code law that doesn't allow you to have showers that have more than one feature that can be used at the same time.

Maybe that explains some of the weird shower contraptions I've seen that have a bunch of heads and features all coming off a single pipe.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

canyoneer posted:

Water, probably.

Meanwhile, they'll let almond farmers pull as much water out of the ground as they want to.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Phanatic posted:

Meanwhile, they'll let almond farmers pull as much water out of the ground as they want to.

Gotta make that almond milk...

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Snak posted:

Gotta make that almond milk...

Freshly squeezed from almond tits.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

bEatmstrJ posted:

and that's why you'll only take my awesome - and now irreplaceable - showerhead from my cold dead hands. how's a girl supposed to enjoy herself with only 2 gpm?

[ASK] me about trying to get illegal plumbing supplies shipped across state lines

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

and that's why you'll only take my awesome - and now irreplaceable - showerhead from my cold dead hands. how's a girl supposed to enjoy herself with only 2 gpm?

[ASK] me about trying to get illegal plumbing supplies shipped across state lines

https://youtu.be/vMITcQUe-9M

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Some shower heads just need you to crack them open and remove a little flow restrictor.

Of course that would be against code. :ninja:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Phanatic posted:

i know right? what's agriculture ever done for anyone

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Droughts over guys, no need to bitch about water.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So do you plan on having a single bath, or a secondary "rain" bath for the kitchen a floor below

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Followup question: would that be a 1 1/2 bath or just a kitchen with a natural source water supply

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Follow up follow up question: can you write that bath off as a probiotic source

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

canyoneer posted:

I just learned that a "gift closet" is a thing. I thought it was a joke, like where your parents used to hide your Christmas presents. Turns out I was pretty much exactly right, you just hoard stuff in there that you find cheap to give to people later.

Yeah...My step-mother has one of these but it's a "gift room" and takes up an entire bonus room on the second floor.

Yep.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bonus room.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

FogHelmut posted:

Bonus room.

They were Buy One Get One, how could you not?!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i know right? what's agriculture ever done for anyone

There are all kinds of crops farmers could grow that don't require as ridiculous a water input as almonds do. But they're growing almonds because they can charge a lot for them and the water that they use to grow them with is free. If they had to pay for that input like they had to pay for all the other inputs to an agricultural product, they'd grow something more suited to a water-poor environment. But instead California makes absurd rules to curtail residential water use, even though agriculture uses 40% of the state's water and residences use 10%. And you're okay with that.

"gently caress the environment, major corporations have money to be made."

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 14, 2017

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Phanatic posted:

buuuut myyy laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I dunno, I think water conservation is pretty important when most of your state is due to become a desert in the not very distant future.

But corporate profits trumping environmental sustainability isn't anything new at this point, so I guess we can't exactly be surprised.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Crazycryodude posted:

But corporate profits trumping environmental sustainability isn't anything new at this point, so I guess we can't exactly be surprised.

Trumping

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Crazycryodude posted:

I dunno, I think water conservation is pretty important when most of your state is due to become a desert in the not very distant future.

Yeah, it's pretty reasonable and not hyperbole to say the water contracts and rights in the southwest are both unfair and based on wrong math -But no one wants ro renegotiate since it would require admitting there isn't enough and kill agro business and property values at best and possibly also ruin the US and world economies.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I live about as far away from your whack-rear end state as it's possible to live and still be in the continental US. I just find it amusing that you're prepared to defend laws telling people who use a tiny bit of water what kind of shower heads they can install while ignoring people who are allowed to suck all the water out of the aquifer they want to in order to grow food for cattle that would for drat sure be grown somewhere else if those farmers had to pay anywhere near as much for that water as a homeowner does. You're squinting at dust motes and ignoring the avalanche headed towards you. But hey, you get your almond milk, so it's all cool.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 14, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Water savings be damned, any lawn I can get rid of is less grass I have to mow.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Phanatic posted:

I live about as far away from your whack-rear end state as it's possible to live and still be in the continental US. I just find it amusing that you're prepared to defend laws telling people who use a tiny bit of water what kind of shower heads they can install while ignoring people who are allowed to suck all the water out of the aquifer they want to in order to grow food for cattle that would for drat sure be grown somewhere else if those farmers had to pay anywhere near as much for that water as a homeowner does. You're squinting at dust motes and ignoring the avalanche headed towards you. But hey, you get your almond milk, so it's all cool.

Look I live in California too and I see this kind of ignorance all the time and I just can't keep silent anymore.

It's wack. Like "wacky." Not "whack."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Look I live in California too and I see this kind of ignorance all the time and I just can't keep silent anymore.

It's wack. Like "wacky." Not "whack."

hella right bruh :hfive:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Phanatic posted:

I live about as far away from your whack-rear end state as it's possible to live and still be in the continental US.

thank the gently caress christ

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Phanatic posted:

So much for the "Tolerant Left" :jerkbag:

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

The fun part is they make a big deal about taking shorter showers and letting your lawn die to save water and stuff like that when households use somewhere around 10-15% of the total water consumption in CA. Agriculture is like 80%

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

This is also the same portion of your joist you removed, so I don't know why everyone's so upset

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bad Munki posted:

This is also the same portion of your joist you removed, so I don't know why everyone's so upset
It's because he's gonna replace those joists with almonds.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

LOL gently caress California.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoth posted:

No, he's gonna replace them with water. That was always the plan...

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Yawgmoth posted:

almond joist, now with more nuts!

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

FogHelmut posted:

Bonus room.

What?

Apparently, that's what realtors called non-bedroom, upstairs rooms in a house in the Midwest in the late 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Yeah, my parents had a bonus room in their condo basement. They dug out a window well and added an egress window, and now it's a bedroom. I forget how much value that added to the condo, but it was substantial. It's got french doors, though, which I find highly annoying on a bedroom, but I don't care that much because I don't live there anymore.

• Locked thread