Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Arven posted:

SWA gave me the excuse to make something I've wanted to do forever, an enforcers/arbites kill team!

Not sure if I want to do Orks or Genestealers next. I also have a few old Orlock metals and enough bitz to scatch build a whole Orlock gang, and I'm kinda thinking they could be proxied as genestealer cult...

That sniper rifle is gorgeous, where'd you get the bit for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
TheChirugeon you recommended trying a texture paint to blend that seem between the ruins and base on Guilliman, any which is best for that?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

Those look terrific! You run them as a guard squad under the new SWA rules?

Thanks! Yep, guardsmen.

Strobe posted:

That sniper rifle is gorgeous, where'd you get the bit for it?

Mad Robot Miniatures.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Ugh, thanks to the Badcast I now have another rare old miniature that I need to find. And this one doesn't even appear to be on ebay.

My fiancee loves Ork wierdboys, and the wierdboy being used as a cannon is so loving awesome.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jadebullet posted:

Ugh, thanks to the Badcast I now have another rare old miniature that I need to find. And this one doesn't even appear to be on ebay.

My fiancee loves Ork wierdboys, and the wierdboy being used as a cannon is so loving awesome.

It's one of my favorite old minis, I don't have one though:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Awww yeah that's the good poo poo

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I've got one in my 'to be eventually painted' pile and it has to be one of my favourite RT era Orks. Much more characterful than the modern stuff!

Also fun fact, plastic Goblin arms make decent replacements for the old RT plastic Ork arms.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I also need to get my hands one one of those old Guitar Marines at some point so that I can make a Shadow War killteam based on 1980s hair metal. (I found some third party rocker arms, but it wouldn't be the same without the original guy)

My creative inspirations are literally the worst.(Especially for my wallet)

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
My Kromlech razorback turrets arrived today.

The resin is flawless. Better QC than forgeworld by far. No flash, no air bubbles, no mold slips, just a little bit of sanding to remove clip marks and they're ready. Don't see any gunk on them either though I'll wash them anyway. Comes with a top hatch that fits right onto a rhino chassis.

Going to order some sets of bionic legs from them for my iron hands. Their bionic legs look like pretty good mk2 or mk3 armor.

With shipping, two turrets were $30. The same from forgeworld would've been $50, they wouldn't have come with top hatches so I'd have to buy actual razorback kits instead of sticking them on top of rhinos, and I like the kromlech sculpts better.

Forgeworld:

Kromlech:

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 14, 2017

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

SRM posted:

It's one of my favorite old minis, I don't have one though:

This makes me sad that our current weird boys dont wear Orky wizard hats.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

Zark the Damned posted:

Also fun fact, plastic Goblin arms make decent replacements for the old RT plastic Ork arms.

That's good to know. My first army was orks back in early 2nd ed days, and I have loads of old metal guys. Most I never got round to painting, and many are missing arms. I might grab some plastic goblins before whatever AoS replacement arrives, and have them ready for a future revival project - surely (he said, optimisticly) they will get some decent rules soon.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Hihohe posted:

28mm wizard hats aren't hard to find, friend. :)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Hey all, I'm selling a bunch of poo poo. I've got some Imperial Bastions, OOP Space Marine stuff, Tyranid dice and the AVP Adepticon thing if you want em:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/brothersrm/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Hihohe posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hihohe posted:

I like using WFB ork shamans over 40k Weirdboys for exactly this reason.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

If they release Shadow War: Mind War, the expansion that makes rules for psykers, to the game. I will be making my Wizorks squad and I will enjoy their pointy hat-donned heads exploding because I rolled perils.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Top of plastic night goblin head plus plasticard circle brim (I use a hole-punch) gives a quick wizard hat:

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

SRM posted:

Hey all, I'm selling a bunch of poo poo. I've got some Imperial Bastions, OOP Space Marine stuff, Tyranid dice and the AVP Adepticon thing if you want em:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/brothersrm/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Do people really buy the AdeptiCon swag freebies?

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
So my friend and I have decided to give away a Legion Scimitar Pattern Jetbike I have had laying around for a year and done nothing with to our youtube subscribers. Wondering what you all think a good chapter to paint it is? Anything but Dark Angels as I don't need anymore of that in my life.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Well, my fiancee has decided on what she wants me to make her for her Shadow War force. She wants a Slaanesh themed chaos army that is just a bunch of obnoxious fuckboys.

Does anyone know of any 28mm headswaps that have those stupid flat hats, or blinds looking sunglasses?

Also, I have the badcast to thank for this as I she laughed too hard at Fulgrim being called a fuckboy that she became inspired.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

muggins posted:

Do people really buy the AdeptiCon swag freebies?

Yep, I just put them up for around the same price as what other people are listing them at. I sold some of the Malifaux mystery boxes and there was a cart literally giving them out at Adepticon.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
People who don't go to events will pay money for the exclusives from that event. Regardless of how much they cost originally.

At the 2012 UK Games Day I picked up 15+ of this guy:

I dumped them on ebay five at a time and every single one sold for around twice the purchase price. I kept one for myself and donated one to the oath thread.

Sadly GW have got wind of this now and finally started limiting things. I tried to pickup a bunch of the Grak & Crumbleberry sets at WHW recently and they're one per customer.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Uroboros posted:

TheChirugeon you recommended trying a texture paint to blend that seem between the ruins and base on Guilliman, any which is best for that?

Having seen the new snow stuff that GW uses, I wouldn't use that. I might try astrogranite, which is gray, but you can paint to get the color you want. Should fill those cracks pretty well.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TTerrible posted:

Sadly GW have got wind of this now and finally started limiting things. I tried to pickup a bunch of the Grak & Crumbleberry sets at WHW recently and they're one per customer.

They recently changed that policy (pretty sure it was a new policy at the time of the last WHW Goonmeet as they were still instructing staff while I was at the store) - you can buy one physically, but can order additional copies to be delivered.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

They recently changed that policy (pretty sure it was a new policy at the time of the last WHW Goonmeet as they were still instructing staff while I was at the store) - you can buy one physically, but can order additional copies to be delivered.

Aha! The week I tried was the week before goonmeet. Interesting. Thanks for the tip.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Yea some dude put con exclusive Lee and Clementine for Twd game on eBay for $150, lol. Mantic was selling it for $15. It'll be on their web store in may.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Let's say I have Alpha Legion chosen in a rhino, all with flamers. They infiltrate inside of the rhino. Can the rhino move, the chosen disembark, and the flamers fire all in the same turn?

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Rhino can only move 6" if the guys get out, but they can disembark (100% of bases within 6" of the doors, roll 2d6 for difficult terrain as normal if needed) . They can then shoot.

Alternatively you can move the rhino 6" and have two guys shoot flamers from the top hatch (since it has two fire ports there) if you want to stay inside. You get to ignore the rule about hitting the rhino since you have no option, just place the template once and double the hits.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Oh man. So I can deploy twelve inches away behind cover, move the rhino out of cover, and then get 2d6 auto-hits on some Dork Eldar open-topped transports? That is loving sweet + sick

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

So, went into the armor plates and lined. I'm not sure if this is any good, thoughts?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I think it has promise but needs to be knocked back a bit. Have you considered giving it a blue glaze?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Can a vehicle's occupants fire rapid fire from the fire points?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Why would they not be able to rapid fire if they can use other weapons as normal?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I guess I was just wondering if they could do the double shot thing

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I think it has promise but needs to be knocked back a bit. Have you considered giving it a blue glaze?

This isn't a bad idea.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
My recipe for Ultramarines is:

Macragge Blue as a base, then Drakenhoff Nightshade wash in the recesses.
Layer Altdorf Blue leaving shading in recesses.
Do a 1:1:1 mix of Altdorf & Calgar & glaze medium as the first, wide-ish highlight.
Then line highligh Calgar Blue.
Extreme highlight of Blue Horror.
Glaze with Guilliman blue.
Touch up the brightest highlights if necessary.

It comes out like this

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Uroboros posted:

So, went into the armor plates and lined. I'm not sure if this is any good, thoughts?

I'd consider just doing one side with the lining, e.g. just the topside or underside (pick one). right now you're outlining the whole thing and it's a bit too much.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'd consider just doing one side with the lining, e.g. just the topside or underside (pick one). right now you're outlining the whole thing and it's a bit too much.

You might be right, here it is after a glaze. Just want this guy to get a little effort than my standard Ultras.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I think that looks a lot better.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Maybe a combo of both. I'll clean up the lines and get them all on one side, and then Glaze it since the blue is a tad dark to begin with. Spent a good chunk of the evening brightening up the gold, so I'll tackle it tomorrow. Just wanted some advice before I dived heavy into lining all this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
That looks great post glaze.

In other news, minus waiting on some Chem backpacks and Chem mask heads from Victoria Miniatures to arrive, I actually finished building up my Savlar Chemdog SWA killteam. On a whim I decided to make a flamer guy and I am really happy with how he turned out. So now I am wondering, what is better, a sniper rifle or a heavy flamer?

Also, if I name my guys after the bosses from Syphon Filter, do you guys think anyone would get the reference. (No matter what, the flamethrower guy is going to be Anton Girdeux)

• Locked thread