Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's a decent cover.

There are no prostitutes or Grim, Square-Jawed Men Who Do What Must Be Done™ on that cover. I refuse to believe it was drawn by Frank Miller.

Edit: It's the dogdamn Batman!

Easy Salmon Recipe fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

loquacius posted:

Among computer-security types "social engineering" means lying to people to make them let you past their security measures (ie calling them on the phone claiming to be Microsoft and asking for their passwords etc)

In other words, that guy is not a professor, he's a guy that grifted a university for a bunch of money somehow and has been lying low while living off his ill-gotten gains. Mallard just assumed he was a professor because he looks like a wimp. An Unintentionally Funny Cartoon.

No, the previous poster was right. "Social engineering" means things like letting gays and women in the military. Or apparently blacks in swimming pools and national parks. You know, letting inferior people in places where they don't belong.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Seems today's cartoons don't go online until 3 PM, so in the meantime, enjoy Chapleau's lovely commentary on the missile strike.

E: Oh, why not Ygreck's while we're at it.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I'm comin for your booze money tinsley

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

No, the previous poster was right. "Social engineering" means things like letting gays and women in the military. Or apparently blacks in swimming pools and national parks. You know, letting inferior people in places where they don't belong.

Yes, I was making a joke about how it's also a completely unrelated term I learned in college

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_(security)

this thread is not a great place for jokes

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I get that, I work in infosec, its just blowing my mind that 50 HOURS OF RESEARCH man didn't look up what that actually is before publication

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

loquacius posted:

this thread is not a great place for jokes

Of course not, it's dedicated to political cartoons, a medium where jokes go to die.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

who am i kidding, it's not blowing my mind at all, who's loving surprised tinsley doesn't know words

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Branco draws Trump like the judge at the end of The Wall.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm pretty sure that the Romans allowing Jesus to be taken down from the cross and buried was not the miraculous part. They probably just had some more people to crucify and needed the space.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I like that all these conservative cartoonists can't actually say what the MOAB bombing accomplished (other than making their dicks feel big).

e: I mean, gently caress, Ramirez literally wrote someone asking "What did we blow up?" without any sense of self-awareness.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lord Hydronium posted:

I like that all these conservative cartoonists can't actually say what the MOAB bombing accomplished (other than making their dicks feel big).

What else is there?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02LF6aBoxLg

every cartoon about Trump bombs is just is this bit from Tape Heads.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Kicking it with Spicer

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Lord Hydronium posted:

e: I mean, gently caress, Ramirez literally wrote someone asking "What did we blow up?" without any sense of self-awareness.

bomb on bad place

bad place blow up now

now there is less bad place

more bombs on bad place

more bombs on bad place please now

bombs on all the bad place

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

What?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The best of the batch, IMO.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Glenn spent more time on the goat's lingerie than looking up what a Moab looks like.

I like the ?-labeled missile. A Smoke 'em if you got 'em cartoon.

fap fap fap fap fap

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

has someone drawn a picture with trump with his trou dropped and his dick is a tomahawk missile and all the comic drawers are sucking him off.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sir Tonk posted:

Branco draws Trump like the judge at the end of The Wall.

Good call. The lawyer was played by Tim Curry in the live version, a good cameo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3M0uTIt3zA

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The invention of the ascot?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Does anyone have that Mccoy comic about obama donating sperm and mexican ladies flocking across the border for it?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Does anyone have that Mccoy comic about obama donating sperm and mexican ladies flocking across the border for it?

Pretty sure that was a McCoy the Lesser.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
:phone: Thank you :phoneb:

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Lord Hydronium posted:

Why did we even need a bomb in the first place? Now that we have a president willing to say RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR, daesh all melted into little puddles of protoplasm and shame

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Why did we even need a bomb in the first place? Now that we have a president willing to say RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR, daesh all melted into little puddles of protoplasm and shame
Obama is actually hiding somewhere reciting it backwards, which nullifies the effect.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

This comic still makes me go

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I don't think I even get it. Is it something about anchor babies? Maybe something racist I'm missing? Like, it makes no sense.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Crazycryodude posted:

I don't think I even get it. Is it something about anchor babies? Maybe something racist I'm missing? Like, it makes no sense.
I assume Obama wants to make more anchor babies so they will vote Dem in the future.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mr. Squishy posted:

No not really. Miller did a GR cover in '06, apparently at Pynchon's special request.

"Make Watergate Happen Again", how do you gently caress that up?

Debris cloud w/ speech-bubble eyes and a Bomber moustache

Ugh, it should be"Make Water gate again!", how do you gently caress that up?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I think it's supposed to evoke that famous photograph where the guy is standing in front of a line of tanks.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo if only. There would be no more problem with white supremacy in the world.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

HootTheOwl posted:

Ugh, it should be"Make Water gate again!", how do you gently caress that up?

WHen you're right you're right.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jon Rosenberg is just plain not very good, but I admit I liked this punchline

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
He farted in terror?

edit: oh, the poo poo literally came out of him. Somehow I never thought of it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Obama...bombed ISIS. I get that they'll refuse to admit this because they're a cadre of racist shitheels, but them's facts.

• Locked thread