Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
what B skills do you guys like on Sharena? she has fury for A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Rascyc posted:

How many merges are you using?
Nino is 40+2, Eirika is 40+1. That's it. I wish I'd hung onto my other copy of Ursula so I could 5* her and merge her because she has been putting in some serious loving work, and is fast becoming my favourite unit.

sassassin posted:

More BST doesn't necessarily mean more points any more.
Well, the last two rounds have given me points slightly higher than the previous round but not by as much as I expected, especially compared to pre-April update times. I'll throw in some seals and grind some higher level skills for Bunny Chrom and see if that makes a difference. Cracking the min-max'd arena formula is going to be quite the thing, I reckon.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Lovechop posted:

what B skills do you guys like on Sharena? she has fury for A
I've asked this before and I'm still sitting on a tonne of SP wondering what I should commit to. The only thing I can say is Lancebreaker is not worth it because she's too speedy for it to be any use.

Basically, I'm tossing up between Swordbreaker, Wings of Mercy, Desperation and Quick Riposte.

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
Are any of these new units good? Alm seems okay, not sure if his skill is going to make up for somewhat middling speed. None of the others look too exciting, really.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

Are any of these new units good? Alm seems okay, not sure if his skill is going to make up for somewhat middling speed. None of the others look too exciting, really.

Lukas has the highest defence of any non-armour, and a (for now) exclusive skill to raise it further. So he's good in that he's the best at a particular niche.

The others aren't.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I got enough orbs from the paralogue to do a full pull off the new banner. Nothing 5*, but I did get me a 4* Odin. I'm halfway to another 20k feathers and Ursula does need a Blarblade+ so...

I also got me a 4* Abel Swordbreaker 3, so yay! I think it's a bit sad that I'm more happy about getting skill-feed than I am about pulling new characters.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Lukas seems pretty good, especially if you have a Brave Lance to spare, but the rest looks meh. Think I'll wait for Celica's banner.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Lukas could be made into a very strong unit. He's similar to Ephraim but with a stat distribution that's arguably better, with less points in the dump stats of Spd and Res in exchange for more Def. Blue typing is also good for a tanky unit. I think he could potentially be the best physical wall in the game

That said his default weapon and skills are all terrible crap so it will take a lot of effort.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'd be pretty happy with some good skill feed too.

threw my leftover 9 orbz at the Bunny Banner an hour before it popped. No more bunnies but I did get a 5* Reinhardt!

(A lot better than the Ninian banner that gave me a second Seliph.)

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Went do pull from the new banner because I have no self control and I could use a Falchion user.

Pulled Ryoma instead. Okay. Now I just need to pull Linde to have all of the absurdly rare characters. Cool.

(He's +HP/-DEF which is fine. I don't really care about IVs as long as they aren't debilitating.)

EDIT: What am I supposed to give this lobster to make him as busted as possible? I have no idea what to inherit into him.

LightningSquid fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 14, 2017

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

LightningSquid posted:

Went do pull from the new banner because I have no self control and I could use a Falchion user.

Pulled Ryoma instead. Okay. Now I just need to pull Linde to have all of the absurdly rare characters. Cool.

(He's +HP/-DEF which is fine. I don't really care about IVs as long as they aren't debilitating.)

EDIT: What am I supposed to give this lobster to make him as busted as possible? I have no idea what to inherit into him.

uh... I also pulled a lobster marth with the exact same IVs an hour ago... interesting

I'm giving him Fury and Quick Riposte personally. Lots of people like Vantage.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You think Quick Riposte will see much use with 38 speed? He doubles most units already.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

sassassin posted:

You think Quick Riposte will see much use with 38 speed? He doubles most units already.

ymmv but I see tons of 35+ speed units in arena. Swordbreaker would be another good choice since most of them are sword lords

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
What are some good passives for BCamilla? I've been running her with only Gronnblade+, no passives, and scored 4744. Going to try to boost my score by a little bit more with some actual skills on her. I was thinking G Tomebreaker for Nino/Julia?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

So I don't know if anyone else noticed but I accidentally found out that they added the ability to rearrange your units prebattle, which is nice. Haven't checked to see if it works in arena.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yeah the pre-battle swap was one of the best new features. Note that you can enable it to start in Swap-mode if you change your settings!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Finally pulled my first Reinhardt... and he's got a loving garbage +SPD IV. Thankfully the minus is merely HP, so not a total loss, just subpar.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Elyv posted:

So I don't know if anyone else noticed but I accidentally found out that they added the ability to rearrange your units prebattle, which is nice. Haven't checked to see if it works in arena.

Does nobody else read the news items? All the new features like this are explained.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
YTiki is tearing up the arena with her shiny new skillset and I'm not even done with her

I'm very proud of my dragon

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
These dudes worth pulling for at all? It's still not Ike, but I've got lots of orbs for the Ikepocalypse, whenever it fuckin happens

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

While it was still there, I realised that I could probably use a Stamina potion and do the Seal quest for Orbs so I could have a last go at the bunnybanner. No bunnies, but I got Hector and he's good apparently? He's always been a fucker to fight anyway.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

my Hana is gonna gently caress up Ike

gently caress Ike, he's bitchmade

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Tae posted:

Whos gonna be the celica banner

Her team is basically mages and mercs, can't use the whitewings again.

Other than the gimme of Celica, my guesses are Saber, Conrad (since they're clearly not above spoilers in these things), and one of Mae, Genny, or Boey. Definitely Saber though.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 14, 2017

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

Whos gonna be the celica banner

Her team is basically mages and mercs, can't use the whitewings again.
Probably going to be:

Celica (sword or tome)
Saber (sword)
Boey or Mae (tome)
Valbar (lance)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm guessing Celica, Mae, Saber, and Boey.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
When's the #FE banner

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

When's the #FE banner

It will come when we have achieved purity of heart, and thus are deserving of it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't know whether I'd prefer the high school kids or their edgelord personas as playable characters in this game

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't know whether I'd prefer the high school kids or their edgelord personas as playable characters in this game

Human characters, except for Yashiro, who is in his most edgelord Navarre cosplay.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actually I've decided, and I want to play as Tsubasa Oribe

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Just pulled a Clair? She seems... Bad.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Paul Zuvella posted:

Just pulled a Clair? She seems... Bad.

Her skill is not what its text suggests.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Servaetes posted:

These dudes worth pulling for at all? It's still not Ike, but I've got lots of orbs for the Ikepocalypse, whenever it fuckin happens

Alm isn't great, he's got more defensive stats than he strictly needs to survive a single attack but not enough to take more than one hit and not enough offense to make good use of Windsweep. I think that there are some units that would want to inherit Windsweep. Faye is just bad, she's got high defense/res and bad attack/speed and her bow wants someone with the exact opposite stat distribution. Someone like a +speed or +attack Takumi with Life and Death (or swift sparrow if you have BLucinas to burn) would be really good with it. I think she'll be nice for inherits. I have no idea what the pegasus is like, since I don't know what her movement skill does, but she has a good stat distribution. The lance guy seems great, high attack and the second highest defense in the game period. Trash for speed and res but give him bonfire and a breaker and he should do well, I don't know if his A slot skill is good but it isn't bad.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

cheetah7071 posted:

YTiki is tearing up the arena with her shiny new skillset and I'm not even done with her

I'm very proud of my dragon

I want to run a double dragon YTiki and Nowi. What did you put on YT?

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

secret volcano lair posted:

uh... I also pulled a lobster marth with the exact same IVs an hour ago... interesting

I'm giving him Fury and Quick Riposte personally. Lots of people like Vantage.

This is the second time I've managed to pull the same incredibly unlikely pull as someone else in this thread. I'm beginning to suspect some sort of psychic goon connection.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

big trivia FAIL posted:

I want to run a double dragon YTiki and Nowi. What did you put on YT?

Her current build is Lightning Breath+, a useless special that never procs in time, def+3, G Tomebreaker 3, and Hone Spd 1. Planning on upping the Hone Spd once I have the SP, buying Rally Defense (which came along with Lightning Breath from Nowi) and a less expensive special. The C slot, support skill, and special aren't really crucial to the build though--the main points are Lightning Breath and G Tomebreaker to ruin Nino's day, and Def+3 to help stay above 50% if Nino is hiding behind a melee.

Of course, Nino is much less common in the new arena but it turns out this set of skills is fairly versatile, and YTiki has good stats so it's worked out fine.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

cheetah7071 posted:

Her current build is Lightning Breath+, a useless special that never procs in time, def+3, G Tomebreaker 3, and Hone Spd 1. Planning on upping the Hone Spd once I have the SP, buying Rally Defense (which came along with Lightning Breath from Nowi) and a less expensive special. The C slot, support skill, and special aren't really crucial to the build though--the main points are Lightning Breath and G Tomebreaker to ruin Nino's day, and Def+3 to help stay above 50% if Nino is hiding behind a melee.

Of course, Nino is much less common in the new arena but it turns out this set of skills is fairly versatile, and YTiki has good stats so it's worked out fine.

I was thinking of cannibalizing ATiki for LB+ and G Tomebreaker for my YTiki, so it looks like I was on the right track.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Double dragon seems risky with the number of Falchions running around in Arena.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Elyv posted:

Double dragon seems risky with the number of Falchions running around in Arena.

Swordbreaker Nowi handles Falchion and G Tomebreaker YTiki handles Julia. It's a flawless plan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm retarded. Someone explain what windswept does.