Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

glam rock hamhock posted:

Calling Marvel movies nothing more than trailers for later Marvel movies feels about as fresh and accurate of a take as saying that Abrams Trek was ruined by lens flair or that Shyamalan movies are all based on twists.

I thought that's what people liked about them, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Budgie Jumping posted:

This is rad and relatable.

It's in My Lunches with Orson.

He also says Laurence Olivier once looked in a mirror and wished he could suck himself off.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I like the lens flairs in Abrams's Trek.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Thank you for reminding me how good the Onion's early videos were
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyph_DZa_GQ

The Onion's still good, but it used to be loving amazing.

FishBulb posted:

This coward gently caress blocked me already

Thank you for trying.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Starting a new rumor: Laurence Olivier removed one his ribs so he could s his own d

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Starting a new rumor: Laurence Olivier removed one his ribs so he could s his own d
He couldn't shave his dick before??

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

does Louis CK count as an actor

He's distractingly bad in Trumbo

Edit: I just remembered how much I hated Trumbo, what a sappy poo poo movie

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 14, 2017

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Steam his own duck?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Soil his own dunagarees.

Obviously.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man the Star Wars teaser is pretty. Like it's weird seeing a Star Wars movie looking that pretty.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Man the Star Wars teaser is pretty. Like it's weird seeing a Star Wars movie looking that pretty.

New Hope and Empire are both stunning looking movies, Empire especially.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yeah, the way Kershner shot the Dagobah set is fantastic.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm gonna go ahead and say I really like the way TFA was shot.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Not surprising.

'77 was shot by Gilbert Taylor, who also shot A Hard Day's Night, Dr. Strangelove, Repulsion, Polanski's Macbeth, Frenzy, and The Omen. Lucas originally wanted Geoffrey Unsworth since he was lead DP on 2001: A Space Odyssey, but he was busy shooting Superman. Taylor was his next pick because he wanted a more naturalistic approach. It was Taylor's idea to use the light panels in walls as practical lighting, I think.

Empire was shot by Peter Suschitzky and he's shot most of David Cronenberg's films since Dead Ringers, as well as Mars Attacks! and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I thought Rogue One looked great, especially since it nailed the look of a late 70s Panavision film. They used the same Ultra Panavision lenses as used on The Hateful Eight.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I guess what I'm saying is it looks like Rian Johnson is doing a drat good job if the teaser is any indication.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Looks great, hope the script doesn't bite.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I'm not going to watch the new Star Wars trailer because it's going to be in front of everything I watch for the next half year.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Yeah, I thought Rogue One looked pretty good, but it didn't really matter cause of how bad the story was.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

It looks too much like a legitimate film. Where's the trash?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

Not surprising.

'77 was shot by Gilbert Taylor, who also shot A Hard Day's Night, Dr. Strangelove, Repulsion, Polanski's Macbeth, Frenzy, and The Omen. Lucas originally wanted Geoffrey Unsworth since he was lead DP on 2001: A Space Odyssey, but he was busy shooting Superman. Taylor was his next pick because he wanted a more naturalistic approach. It was Taylor's idea to use the light panels in walls as practical lighting, I think.

Empire was shot by Peter Suschitzky and he's shot most of David Cronenberg's films since Dead Ringers, as well as Mars Attacks! and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

didn't Tak Fujimoto help out on Star Wars too? Dude's definitely no slouch (Badlands, Silence of the Lambs, Something Wild, etc.)

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Rian Johnson's the sole screenplay credit so I'm hopeful on that front as long as the moneymen stay mostly out of his way.

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 14, 2017

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I've been rereading some Nietzsche and that dude was funny, he would've been A Good Poster.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Gorman Thomas posted:

What actor would most convincingly deliver the line, "Well boy, I'd masturbate to that. Hell, I might even cum".

Asking for a friend.

Has anyone said Sam Elliot

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/847715704098873344

This is the best twitter I've ever seen.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/849223699169456129

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I've been rereading some Nietzsche and that dude was funny, he would've been A Good Poster.

If there's there's one guy I think got a raw deal from guilt by association, it's Nietszche. It's not just the Nazi thing, every rear end in a top hat on earth that isn't a Randian thinks he's a Nietszchean.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/759312403070853121

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

If there's there's one guy I think got a raw deal from guilt by association, it's Nietszche. It's not just the Nazi thing, every rear end in a top hat on earth that isn't a Randian thinks he's a Nietszchean.

You write poo poo like

Thus Spoke Zarathustra posted:

“The happiness of man is: I will. The happiness of woman is: he wills. ‘Behold, just now the world became perfect!’—thus thinks every woman when she obeys out of entire love. And women must obey and find a depth for her surface. Surface is the disposition of woman: a mobile, stormy film over shallow water. Man’s disposition, however, is deep; his river roars in subterranean caves: woman feels his strength but does not comprehend it.”

and get lovely fans, that's kind of on you.

E: drat it, double post.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have some confidence in SW8. SW9 is probably gunna smoke turds

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

To be fair to Nietzsche most of his works was re-written by his nazi sister (who also charged people to pay for come and watch him when he was dying).

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I can't wait to hate-read reviews of Trevorrow's movie about a kid Pee Wee Herman Breakfast Machine-ing a child abuser.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Alhazred posted:

To be fair to Nietzsche most of his works was re-written by his nazi sister (who also charged people to pay for come and watch him when he was dying).

Im pretty sure this was just the case with Will to Power.

I havent read Zarathustra since i was like 13 but I plan on picking it up after The Gay Science.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I dunno nothing Rian Johnson's ever done has really blown me. Away. Like Brick is still his best movie and it's clever and amusing than great. I thought Looper was sort of garbage.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
lol Colin Trevorrow went from Safety Not Guaranteed to Jurassic World no wonder it was so poo poo

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Colin Trevorrow is going to spend his entire career answering the question "what if Steven Spielberg was actually lovely"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

FishBulb posted:

I have some confidence in SW8. SW9 is probably gunna smoke turds

They shoulda just pre-announced Ron Howard.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Colin Trevorrow is going to spend his entire career answering the question "what if Steven Spielberg was actually lovely"

And somewhere, JJ Abrams breathes a sigh of relief

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So one of the new MST3K Eps is a movie called Cry Wilderness and it's loving baffling.

Bigfoot appears outside a boarding school telling a boy his father is in trouble

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Colin T is way worse than Rian, I shan't gainsay it.

Maxwell Lord posted:

So one of the new MST3K Eps is a movie called Cry Wilderness and it's loving baffling.

Bigfoot appears outside a boarding school telling a boy his father is in trouble

Bigfoot's ghost brings a boy (Eric Foster) to where his father (Maurice Grandmaison) and a hunter are mistaking Bigfoot for a Bengal tiger.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They shoulda just pre-announced Ron Howard.

I think I'd have more confidence in Howard

I mean sure he's bland as hell but he can at least be bland competently

porfiria posted:

I dunno nothing Rian Johnson's ever done has really blown me. Away. Like Brick is still his best movie and it's clever and amusing than great. I thought Looper was sort of garbage.

Brothers Bloom is

ok

He directed good episodes of Breaking Bad!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Spielberg already answered that :chord:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I feel that Spielberg answered that question many years ago with the Lost World.

• Locked thread