Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Bombadilillo posted:

Is it the kind of thing I can put on easy and just story through it?

yeah, easy mode is really really easy.

If you're not going to for any sort of total completion I'd say you should probably skip doing sidequests too

blazing through doing the main quests only you can finish a play through in a few hours. The 2nd and 3rd endings have you run through the second half of the game again and are pretty short if you just beeline to objectives. 4th ending can be easily done with a save point right before the end, but I think thats the one you do need to have collected all the weapons for, so will require some subquests iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

normal in nier isn't hard either really

the big problem with the first one isn't that it's hard, but that it's tedious to actually complete. endings c and d are much more of a slog in the first game than in automata (way less differences until the endgame so it's basically you doing playthrough b 3 times) and require you to get all of the weapons iirc

the final ending is worth the effort but getting there is rough

Wendell
May 11, 2003

katkillad2 posted:

You joke, but someone here admitted to unplugging most of their electronics to save money on electricity. I'm sure that ~$20 dollars a year they save adds up.

The environment is worth protecting.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the second time through nier is kinda depressing

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I think i successfully convinced someone not to buy neir Automata

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

fridge corn posted:

Why? That's mean.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Flash Sale is up
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...Flash_Sale_2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I see a blog post on Nex Machina (the new Housemarque top down shooter...) But has there been any buzz on that voxel-based game they were involved with?

[edit] Or IS this that? I just remember a side-view or full 3d Trailer a year or so ago and it had voxels and poo poo...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 14, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Maybe I'm just spoiled coming from an Xbox One (somehow), but it's sooo annoying that PS3 doesn't work on PS4. I'd clean up during these sales cause I never had a PS3.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

89 posted:

Maybe I'm just spoiled coming from an Xbox One (somehow), but it's sooo annoying that PS3 doesn't work on PS4. I'd clean up during these sales cause I never had a PS3.

yeah, me too :( There are a lot of ps3 games I want to play.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Same. I got The Last of Us remastered, and that's about it that's got my eye

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I own a PS3 but plugging it in and using it is such a pain. Updates take ages. Installing takes ages. The controller feels cheap and bad. I have unopened PS3 Games I'll probably not touch

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Wendell posted:

The environment is worth protecting.

You'd spend about what you'd save on power in food alone (let alone time and willpower) to power yourself pathologically unplugging all the wall warts. And in the mean time a new coal plant goes up, undoing in 15 seconds a lifetime's worth of unplugging wall warts.

It's a rounding error of a rounding error of a rounding error.

You want to save the biosphere? Organize. Agitate. Self-flagellation gets you nowhere.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

fridge corn posted:

Did you promise to talk to them if they bought it?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

There is a case to be made about people not acknowledging the massive amount of waste that vampire drain causes.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

My heart yearns for Odin Sphere HD. But I want the limited edition.

But I played the ps2 version dozens of times...

What to do

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wendell posted:

Contrast is horrid! How dare you, veni veni veni???

Maybe not the best example to support my stance but I think horrid is an overstatement. Resogun tho...

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

What to do

The remaster is way better and makes the original ps2 version seem like absolute garbage

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

dont be mean to me posted:

You'd spend about what you'd save on power in food alone (let alone time and willpower) to power yourself pathologically unplugging all the wall warts. And in the mean time a new coal plant goes up, undoing in 15 seconds a lifetime's worth of unplugging wall warts.

It's a rounding error of a rounding error of a rounding error.

You want to save the biosphere? Organize. Agitate. Self-flagellation gets you nowhere.

What about self-fellation?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How's Crypt of The NercoDancer and Psychonauts ?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Holy crap that's a bad sale, I hope this isn't the only Easter one. A couple good games on it (which I already own), but 80% of it seems to be old ps+ titles. Not even the rumored Thumper for $5

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

That sure is a sale.

The Bananana posted:

What about self-fellation?

Hey, if you're flexible enough, who am I to judge?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fit em all up in there posted:

Necrodancer is good but I'm terrible at it.

Psychonauts is a fantastic game but that's the PS2 Classic repackage so it looks and feels like garbage, I can't really recommend it here.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

katkillad2 posted:

You joke, but someone here admitted to unplugging most of their electronics to save money on electricity. I'm sure that ~$20 dollars a year they save adds up.

You'd be surprised how much electricity a television can eat up in standby mode.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

What to do

Buy it. They still have it on Amazon for $90. loving great game. Although I think I only paid like $70 for it when it came out. That's what you get for waiting.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Titanfall 2 is a cool game. I wish you could get the basic expedition titan loadout from the campaign in multi though. I don't really want a gimmicky setup I just wanna shoot a big machine gun and fire a lot of rockets.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I fear if I go into the Nier:A thread at this point I may see something I shouldn't. Forgive me for asking here:

I am up to the machine Village and I still don't really understand the mechanics very well...

1) What should I be buying with all this money? It's mostly poo poo I already have, plus health stuff. I seem overly rich already.

2) I keep leveling up. What does that mean in terms of gameplay? New Skills? More health? It's not really very clear.

3) Under SKills my Pod has the same 2 it always has... I assume maybe eventually I get more?

4) The Skill slot system looks like a HD Defrag graphic. Do I ever get more slots? I don't fully understand how poo poo fits...

I think that is all, so far...

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
with the money you should be fusing chips, buying more chip space, and yeah you can buy new programs for your Pods at the same dude in the resistance camp.

the same dude will have tutorials on what all that stuff is.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you have stats; they're in the main menu. they go up when you level up. they matter but you won't notice it much unless you do optional endgame content

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

I see a blog post on Nex Machina (the new Housemarque top down shooter...) But has there been any buzz on that voxel-based game they were involved with?

[edit] Or IS this that? I just remember a side-view or full 3d Trailer a year or so ago and it had voxels and poo poo...

Thats called matterfall and hasnt been seen in a year or two. Hopefully this e3 or id be worried, but for a small studio to make what looks like a big production value game will take time.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Thanks Hurth!

And thanks folks on the Nier:A Tips.

One thing is still hazy, will I get more chip-space? (capacity)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Feenix posted:

Thanks Hurth!

Yeah you can buy capacity from the Resistance Camp guy, its just in his menu of Buy Items

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

Thanks Hurth!

Buy it from the shop

Also i googled matterfall and as of august 2016 it was confirmed to be a sidescrolling shooter with no release date

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Thanks guys. Now I feel a bit more motivated with Nier:A. I just felt like I was doing quests and making useles money, but now I see how I can get more moves and skills and poo poo. Much better.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

Thanks guys. Now I feel a bit more motivated with Nier:A. I just felt like I was doing quests and making useles money, but now I see how I can get more moves and skills and poo poo. Much better.

Just rush the main story until you find a side quest that interests you imo

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

Just rush the main story until you find a side quest that interests you imo

Frankly I was trying that and didn't really even see how to advance the main. Some of the early main kinda feels like incidental side stuff until you do it and realize it's probably not.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Another tip that is helpful in Nier is to try to stay on the main story for the most part until you unlock fast travel so you don't have to spend so much time running around on side quests.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Scorps posted:

Another tip that is helpful in Nier is to try to stay on the main story for the most part until you unlock fast travel so you don't have to spend so much time running around on side quests.

I wish this had been in the "before I play."

Also the upgrades for chips say "Chips storage space" which doesn't exactly translate into install space for me but that's what they do, you should probably buy a weapon then prioritize those until you unlock them.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Anyone have a spare GT beta key?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

fit em all up in there posted:

necrodancer is very good. i paid full price for it when it launched on steam and dont regret it.